Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

13 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Utterly depressing that there is not one political party leader in the UK who has any leadership qualities.

Surely there don’t have to be. Regionalists would blindly follow a cat’s head in a sock rolling down a mineshaft if the sock was stitched with a Union Jack.

9 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

I must say. You do make me laugh, you Scottish Nationalists. Thank you.

I'm not a member of the SNP.

Surprised you can type clearly what with you shaking with cowardice all the time.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Corbyn still banging on about a general election being the way to break the deadlock over Brexit. 

Can anyone explain to me why having him fail to get a better deal in the few months before the March deadline will be any different to May failing to get a better deal? I still think that the only way forward is a 2nd vote with 2 choices. No deal Brexit or remain.

Someone that understands it better than me can either expand or dismiss the claim but I read somewhere that Corbyn, or whoever led the discussions, would have to be prepared to crash the financial markets or threaten something similarly disastrous to get the EU to offer better terms. Apparently May hasn't really did anything (apart from No Deal which I imagine they don't believe she will push for) that the EU are feared of. 

2 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

Whatever happened to Mr Bairn? Surely that wee fanny must be on here somewhere on some guise or another?

Cerberus does the same job and largely has the same politics. A natural Tory voter.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Someone that understands it better than me can either expand or dismiss the claim but I read somewhere that Corbyn, or whoever led the discussions, would have to be prepared to crash the financial markets or threaten something similarly disastrous to get the EU to offer better terms. Apparently May hasn't really did anything (apart from No Deal which I imagine they don't believe she will push for) that the EU are feared of. 

In my opinion the only way he'll get better terms is if he drops freedom of movement as an absolute red line and is prepared to negotiate on it.

Just now, welshbairn said:

In my opinion the only way he'll get better terms is if he drops freedom of movement as an absolute red line and is prepared to negotiate on it.

I'd imagine he would negotiate on that. I would hope he would negotiate on that tbh. Maybe the two are related. I would want anyone involved in the negotiations to move beyond the argument for "freedom of labour" and make the case for the free movement of people in general and the dismantling of Fortress Europe.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That won't go down at all well with at least half of his supporters.

2 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

The only way the UK will get a better deal (if negotiations are re-opened) is if they change their mind on the Single Market/Customs Union/Freedom of Movement. I can't see that happening.

The EU have played a blinder the last 2 and a half years. Give Barnier any job he wants after this.

He wasn't really dealing with a strong competitor. 

A bit like Man City v Burton.

Former chief of intelligence, Sir Richard Dearlove, urging tories to vote against May's deal claiming that it would have serious implications for the country's security.

Bizarrely though, he reckons that crashing out without a deal, would be a more sensible and a better option regarding security concerns.

28 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

The only way the UK will get a better deal (if negotiations are re-opened) is if they change their mind on the Single Market/Customs Union/Freedom of Movement. I can't see that happening.

The EU have played a blinder the last 2 and a half years. Give Barnier any job he wants after this.

Seems to me that Barnier/EU have just played it to the letter. 

With the other side  wanting their cake and to eat it. 

Which doesn't equate.

Unless of course someone does a smoke and mirrors, 

Look , look what we're got for you ( lardy cake ),

and tries to make it up to look like Black Forest Gateau. 

Edited by beefybake

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

That will be the Richard Dearlove who was excoriated throughout the Chilcott report on Iraq.

He's a right wing ghoul and probably tied into the UK state's private sector intelligence operations.

Richard Dearlove... Wiki.

"...Sir Richard is a signatory of the neo-Conservative Henry Jackson Society principles. He is also a "senior advisor" to the Monitor Group – a consultancy and private equity firm which has been implicated in undertaking PR work for Libya and Muammar Gaddafi. In April 2013, it was announced that Dearlove joined the advisory board of Ergo, an intelligence and advisory firm... "

How do  ****ers like Dearlove worm their way into  power, and stay there... ?

Edited by beefybake

11 minutes ago, Detournement said:

That will be the Richard Dearlove who was excoriated throughout the Chilcott report on Iraq.

He's a right wing ghoul and probably tied into the UK state's private sector intelligence operations.

Non executive director of Crossword Cybersecurity PLC as well.

Edited by Suspect Device

10 minutes ago, beefybake said:

Richard Dearlove... Wiki.

"...Sir Richard is a signatory of the neo-Conservative Henry Jackson Society principles. He is also a "senior advisor" to the Monitor Group – a consultancy and private equity firm which has been implicated in undertaking PR work for Libya and Muammar Gaddafi. In April 2013, it was announced that Dearlove joined the advisory board of Ergo, an intelligence and advisory firm... "

How do  ****ers like Dearlove worm their way into  power, and stay there... ?

Have a look through the BOD's of any FTSE 100 company and you'll see the same thing with the same names cropping up again and again and again.

Britain, Corrupt ? 

Surely not.......................