Fixtutes

missi03

Where's the rest o the experienced aafa members to point him in the right direction ?? U don't get it does it happen in other leagues fae junior down to boys club don't think it does so him being brand new why does that stop him seeing o those 2 teams only played a league fixture 2 weeks ago so change it before the fixtures are send out ? IMO that is

What is the big deal tho? No one seems to be answering that? What does it effect ? Seems that ppl just want to moan about something.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course it can make a difference.  You could be playing a team twice at the end of the season who have got nothing to play for and have downed tools for the season. likewise you could be playing a team twice early doors who have had a good start to the season. 

Or u can play two teams at the start of the season who have had a good start or two teams at the end of the season who have downed tools. Look what happened last season. West Kilbride finish second due to last two games against tarbolton and mossblown being unfufilled and given 6 points for nothing. If only they were given them twice at the start of the season, instead clark drive might have finished 2nd, especially since mossblown were on form beating hurlford etc, Football is a game that has a large element of luck. Even more so at amateur level.

To say it doesn't matter is nonsense. Off course it matters and that's why it doesn't occur in football at any level. If you are playing a side twice at the end off the season when they have nothing to play for but your competition for league/relegation played them twice at the start when they had everything to play for.......a think you will find results will be dramatically different. I understand the leagues difficulties with all the things graham3179 highlighted but I still think it's wrong. Knockentiber played dean twice in a week!! That's nonsense 

Eyeswideopen15 think you have blinkers on think your a fan of aafa committee or even maybe one of them who knows your 1 of the few on the thread who persistently say what difference does it make as for end of season the teams not able to play there season out might have been due to injuries suspensions work commitments don't hear about teams playing each other twice at the tail end of the season it's always at start why ????

The problem with this in my eyes is this. Take shortlees for example. They play a relegation contender like say mossblown and win 5-0. 2 weeks later there scheduled to play them again. Now the mossblown team will be almost certain it will be the same 11 that hammered them the previous 2 weeks ago and will get hammered again. Now take another relegation contender like say kilbride. They play shortlees start of season and get beat 5-0. Now there next scheduled game against shortlees is 2nd half of season giving plenty time for injuries, suspensions to rack up and more than likely wont be facing the same 11 thats hammered them begining of the season thus giving kilbride a better chance of getting something from the game. Its simply unfair for this to happen. It has to be a fixture in both halves of season for this to be fair. I don't have a clue what fixtures guy was thinking when he done this but it was a poor and unfair decision by along shot. I know its a hard job but this fundamentaly cannot happen. Over and out

I can assure u I'm not one of them nor know any of them, I'm not even part of a club since loudoun folded. I do watch a lot of local football and watched as new farm played new Cumnock twice in there last 4 games of last season. The first beating them 7-1 and the second a tight 4-2 game that coulda went either way only 7 days later. Against a completely different 11. So it does happen end of season too, I 100% agree it's not ideal. My point is every example u give can happen in any scenario, need to agree to disagree lads as going round in circles.

39 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

I can assure u I'm not one of them nor know any of them, I'm not even part of a club since loudoun folded. I do watch a lot of local football and watched as new farm played new Cumnock twice in there last 4 games of last season. The first beating them 7-1 and the second a tight 4-2 game that coulda went either way only 7 days later. Against a completely different 11. So it does happen end of season too, I 100% agree it's not ideal. My point is every example u give can happen in any scenario, need to agree to disagree lads as going round in circles.

You can't possibly be inciting that in the scenario I posted above kilbride wouldn't have an advantage surely?

Archived