Annan v Forfar 10/09

Match day 5 - and this time last season saw us top of the table but losing our first league game of the season. (v the Pars).  Here's hoping history doesn't repeat itself.

Website reporting that for Forfar, only Travis and Smith are injured meaning Lister could be back up front to partner the in-form Peters (jinxed him now).  That could leave Cox dropping to the wing and Scott dropping out.
Only other decision appears to be does MacKintosh get back in after missing out on the cup win last week?  By all accounts Kennedy took pretty much the first half to get up to match speed in what was his first start of the season but did well in the second.  On the other hand, MacKintosh hasn't really done much wrong in his matches so far. (from what I've seen).  The good thing is that whoever GB goes with, there doesn't appear to be a noticeable weakening of the defence.

Never been to this ground and was very keen to see it ahead of the fixture list coming out - "unfortunately" a previously arranged birthday trip for a pal up to the Granite City means I'll have to wait till the January re-match before getting down.

Annan seem to be conceding a couple of goals a game and we're scoring at least that amount - so it's set up for a 0-0 with 430 spectators contributing to a £180 50/50 draw.

Hoping for a Loons win but after last season, I'm not expecting anything!

Guest bernardblack

I'd keep Kennedy in and leave Bain at right back. I hate when players play out of position when it isn't necessary and Bain ain't no left back.

Also mackintosh doesn't seem to offer much going forward, seems scared to pass the halfway line.

Forfar to win by the odd goal in a 3-2 thriller

I wouldn't change things from last week personally but I'd imagine Bollan will be bringing back Lister at least. Would be stunned I there's any less than 5 goals the ways things are going at the moment just have to hope we keep getting more of them than the opposition.

Classic cliche game of 2 halves.

Annan better in the first, Forfar had the second, though Annan should have scored in the second half, shocker of a miss 1 on 1 with Adam.

Top marks to the Annan wifey shouting "Annan reject" at Cox about a minute before he set up the goal.  Our performance got markedly much better when "the reject" got a more free role in midfield.

All in all a great 3 points, Annan were well drilled and difficult to break down.  Least amount of chances Forfar have had in a league game this season.

Guest bernardblack

Yeah story with Swankie?

Seems like we were able to win yesterday without being at our best.

Really, really pleased with the goals coming from all over the team too!

Archived