Angus Gunn

Underpants Gnome

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes. You're born in England then you're officially English. You can identify as something else if you want, but English is your official nationality

What a stupid conversation.  Nationality is a subjective concept by it's goddam definition.

If you were born in the USSR or Yugoslavia, what nationality are you now?  If you were born on a flight over the mid-atlantic, what nationality are you?

Hint: The clue is in the first six letters of the word.

48 minutes ago, Underpants Gnome said:

.... but I'm not a fish, correct?

No. But you're clearly too dense to understand that countries borders extend into the ocean, so it would depend which boundary you were in when you were born. Unless you genuinely believe theres a nation of fish.

No. But you're clearly too dense to understand that countries borders extend into the ocean, so it would depend which boundary you were in when you were born. Unless you genuinely believe theres a nation of fish.

There's two different facets of nationality, one being a legal relationship with a country and one being a more emotional connection with one or more countries. Neither of these require you to have been born in that country.

I hate discussions like this. Same as on Facebook when someone born with a cock gets all tetchy when someone calls them a man as they "identify" as a woman.

You're never sure what to say anymore

This came across at lot more "old manny" than I'd hoped

Born with a cock = man.

You were born in England, you're English.  Whether you feel drawn to another nation is up to each individual, doesn't change the fact you're English though. HTH.

Hing on. So the maws pregnant & down visiting relatives in Carlisle, goes into labour and baby is born there.

Back home to God's Country after the hospital, but the baby is English?

On 13/09/2016 at 09:08, tree house tam said:

You were born in England, you're English.  Whether you feel drawn to another nation is up to each individual, doesn't change the fact you're English though. HTH.

I was born in England and moved to Scotland when I was just over a year old. I've lived in Scotland ever since and have no recollection of living in England. Am I not Scottish?

Archived