ICTFC v Champions Celtic.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

Well in, ICT.

Other teams take note - they dinnae like it up them.

Spot on.

There's been this general acceptance that they're this unbeatable force this season based on all the media hype. 

They are likely to comfortably win the league this season, and have the strongest squad, but they're still the team who lost to a part-time side from Gibraltar, got taken apart in Israel and have conceded goals in every league game so far.  

Teams need to wire in about them far more, make it uncomfortable and test that dodgy defence; Inverness did that in the first half, and got their reward in the end.

Well done the Caley Jags for showing the rest of Scottish football the light...

Your turn next Alloa.. 

:)

Decent game of football...

but that ref.....ffs.....was a clear red card all day long. 

Thought the Caley keeper was out standing today, and there team kept going right to the end and got the goal to share the points.

34 minutes ago, topsider said:

The more serious offence gets punished.

These new rules are an improvement IMO but it's another mind f**k for referees

You live and learn.  I assume that's relatively new guidance?  I suppose it's a bit like playing advantage.  Still, it would suggest that if you're going to take your man down, make sure he doesn't reach the penalty box - assuming your side are reasonably happy playing with ten men, of course.

After the loss to Hearts I'd never have predicted in a million years that we'd go undefeated in our next three.

We obviously rode our luck in the second half but we did well in the first half, we played some good stuff and put Celtic under a bit of pressure. Kings goal was an absolute peach, what a hit. Celtic always looked dangerous though, they are clearly excellent going forward and if a team is sloppy with the ball.the way we were do the second then they can punish you.

The second half we were completely pegged back and relied on Fon Wiliams, who had an absolute worldie. We probably gave them too much room and when we did have the ball gave it away a bit too easily. There were also a few times when we went forward but didn't get the ball into the box - Celtic are imperious going forward but I think they aren't great a t the back, not as good anyway.

Fisher's goal was well taken and great for him after the crap injury he had and the dedication and work he's shown this season. Thought Doumbaya did OK as far as he could when he was on. Tansey also had a good game, first in a while.

43 minutes ago, topsider said:

The more serious offence gets punished.

These new rules are an improvement IMO but it's another mind f**k for referees

But we are talking about 1 offence, the question relates to where the offence takes place and where the free kick should be taken from.

Are you trying to say that if an offence takes place over a distance then a free kick from the penalty spot will be awarded if that offence takes place in the 18 yard box at any point over the distance travelled?

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Richie Foran's done more than enough now to convince me he was the right choice to replace Hughes.

Good too, that he didn't slaver all over the Celtic bench as his predecessor would have done - Hughes would probably have apologised to Celtic for the equaliser.

I still think getting rid of Hughes was a major mistake but Richie is headed in the right direction. He could have done with getting the job a couple of weeks later.

Fon Williams was outstanding today. Magnificent keeper.

45 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

I still think getting rid of Hughes was a major mistake but Richie is headed in the right direction. He could have done with getting the job a couple of weeks later.

Fon Williams was outstanding today. Magnificent keeper.

The Hughes situation turned sour when he was refused permission to speak to Dundee Utd. I don't think it would have got any better had he stayed on. 

Agree on Fon Williams - picked a good platform to show what he's capable of. Would he have conceded 7 against Barca?

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Spot on.

There's been this general acceptance that they're this unbeatable force this season based on all the media hype. 

They are likely to comfortably win the league this season, and have the strongest squad, but they're still the team who lost to a part-time side from Gibraltar, got taken apart in Israel and have conceded goals in every league game so far.  

Teams need to wire in about them far more, make it uncomfortable and test that dodgy defence; Inverness did that in the first half, and got their reward in the end.

Well done the Caley Jags for showing the rest of Scottish football the light...

Your turn next Alloa.. 

:)

I hate to piss on anyone's chips but we hit the woodwork 3 times and created numerous chances aside from that. Leaving aside the poor refereeing decision, it was mainly our poor finishing which kept it from being a convincing win.

1 hour ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Even by P&B standards, this is a disgusting comment.  Try to have a little respect.  You probably don't know that Andy crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want to.  

Crawled through those broken bogs at Parkhead. Nap.

5 minutes ago, The OP said:

I hate to piss on anyone's chips but we hit the woodwork 3 times and created numerous chances aside from that. Leaving aside the poor refereeing decision, it was mainly our poor finishing which kept it from being a convincing win.

Imagine how many Barca could've scored in midweek if they hadn't eased off.

Archived