Dundee v Aberdeen

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are a poor side. Thought we'd get pumped and we did. The one time we actually passed the ball we scored, apart from that most of our possession is just a question of time before we hand the ball back to the opposition. We can't retain possession from throw ins or free kicks, and still hardly anybody wants the ball. Fair result and once again an even more limited choice for the next match.

You're being a tad harsh.

You are not a bad side at all. Missing quality in MF but on another day could have won that thanks to our defence.

Not sure why that game was criticised, I thought it was decent.

Most annoyed at O'Hara tbh. Was nothing malicious but just daft and we now go to a match where we are hoping to win points in with him out.

Thought our players looked very naive in comparison with Aberdeen. Just don't really know how to assert on the game and pick the right fouls and when to change the tempo of the game.

El Bak does look like he has the potential to really be a quality player though. Think he's getting better with each game and learning the league.

You are not a bad side at all. Missing quality in MF but on another day could have won that thanks to our defence.

That's the problem we have, every game this season bar one it's been we were almost good enough we could've won that game. We play to much of our game in the middle and it comes to nothing. Too slow to get the ball forward and the ball constantly goes from centre half to midfielder then back to centre half, constant sideways and back passing. Feels like having a team of Kevin mcbrides always the safe pass give someone else the responsibility

Thought it was a decent game. Aberdeen were better than Dundee over the 90 minutes. Hayes switching over to the right when McGinn went off changed the game completely and resulted in a great goal just 3 minutes later. McGinn's crossing was terrible yet again. Considine getting caught out too easily - was the same at Pittodrie last week. Really impressed with Maddison - thought he was decent against Caley last week, too. Hopefully he'll get a decent run out over the season.

We need somebody to play up top with El Bak, or at least not have the majority of the squad so far back that they're unable to assist whenever he steals the ball from a defender.

A terrible result against an Aberdeen team that were far from impressive. Hopefully we get our act together soon, but I'll be stunned if we get anything more than 1 point from our next 3 games.

Small number of positives to take from that, I thought Kerr was excellent today, had Hayes in his pocket until he was shifted on to the right. El Bak's work rate was good however he did not have enough support, we really need to play 2 up front especially at home. O hara really gets himself in good positions but what a silly red at the end.

We need a creative attacking mid, I dont feel we need a striker with El Bak, Loy, Wighton and Yordi. 

Still piss poor today and the score flattered a poor Aberdeen.

Depends how you look at a half full glass I suppose. I just see them as totally predictable. Aberdeen today caused us a load of problems when players tried to hit the line, Kerr did better in the second half so McInnes switched it, Hayes delivers the ball and it's a goal. We have a players who seem to only know one half of pass and move, we have one player harrying the centre halves and the rest watching him. We're never going to replace what we had last season but that doesn't mean we have to be such one trick ponies.

Actually thought we played pretty well. 1-1 at 75 mins and Bain three that in. Tale of 2 pens. We don't get the Fass stonewaller Aberdeen get their very soft one.

We had a stonewaller? Am I going mad? I genuinely don't remember any incident!

Actually thought we played pretty well. 1-1 at 75 mins and Bain three that in. Tale of 2 pens. We don't get the Fass stonewaller Aberdeen get their very soft one.

We had a stonewaller? Am I going mad? I genuinely don't remember any incident!

Lot of criticism of Kerr on here. He's struggled this season but not many people will keep the likes of Hayes and McGinn as quiet as he did today.

It proved as Hayes never put a decent ball in all game. First cross when he switched flanks we conceded from.

Thought we deserved the win. Hayes and Maddison were excellent but both faded a bit in the second half I thought. Maddison soon found 3 players around him whenever he had the ball and Kerr upped his game against Hayes after an abysmal first half. Thought he was a stick on to be subbed off at HT.

McInnes' substitutions won it for us in the end. I thought McGinn was livelier than Hayes in the second half but moving Hayes over worked out in the end. Rooney wasn't comfortable with us playing through the middle so I thought Storey would have been a better option but bringing Stockley on proved crucial. Burns looked dangerous again on the ball and will be good for us off the bench, if not starting every week.

A very necessary three points, will need to raise the bar again against a better side on Thursday though.

Lot of criticism of Kerr on here. He's struggled this season but not many people will keep the likes of Hayes and McGinn as quiet as he did today.

It proved as Hayes never put a decent ball in all game. First cross when he switched flanks we conceded from.

Agreed. Hayes was so frustrated he had to boot Cammy into the Derry.

Maddison (?) did look a player and the prop forward took his goal with great aplomb.

Re the penalty it was when Fass broke into the box and was clearly bowled clean over. Thought Fass was again excellent given the way we had set up.

At 1-2 I'd have put O'Hara up front and launched the ball at him.

Re the penalty it was when Fass broke into the box and was clearly bowled clean over. Thought Fass was again excellent given the way we had set up.

Didnt happen. El Bak was outmuscled by the two centre halfs mainly because he weighs about three stone and is built like a cheese slice. Never a pen in a million years and i dont think anyone on here even claimed for it which tells its own story

Didnt happen. El Bak was outmuscled by the two centre halfs mainly because he weighs about three stone and is built like a cheese slice. Never a pen in a million years and i dont think anyone on here even claimed for it which tells its own story

No idea what incident he's even speaking about tbh

Archived