Killie vs Thistle 17th September

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Draw probably a fair result. Partick do look worse than last season tho and we look better. I'm not too fussed about playing hoofball if it is effective, which it was. PLenty of balls up found boyd who flicked on to Coulibaly and on another day he might have scored a couple more. Partick keeper made 2 good saves, we had about 10+ corners and should've capitalized on one at least.

Partick looked dangerous on the counter, wee guy with the pony tail looks your best player, everything went through him. 

Hendrie was being caught out, probably due to him having a yellow and holding back a bit. Finishing let them down.

1 hour ago, PrestersKTID said:

Draw probably a fair result. Partick do look worse than last season tho and we look better. I'm not too fussed about playing hoofball if it is effective, which it was. PLenty of balls up found boyd who flicked on to Coulibaly and on another day he might have scored a couple more. Partick keeper made 2 good saves, we had about 10+ corners and should've capitalized on one at least.

Partick looked dangerous on the counter, wee guy with the pony tail looks your best player, everything went through him. 

Hendrie was being caught out, probably due to him having a yellow and holding back a bit. Finishing let them down.

Agree with this. We seem to be able to mix it up a bit more this season in terms of style of play. Partick looked like a decent counter attack team, they are set up for pacey breaks and it worked well on several occasions, (final ball was just too slow). With two solid centre halves they would have won that game as they were better across most other areas than us.

Someone really needs to tell Dicker he's not Gerrard and that perhaps he should stop trying dragbacks and outside of the boot passes. When he keeps it simple he's solid enough but when he tries something fancy he's a liability.

56 minutes ago, killienick said:

Agree with this. We seem to be able to mix it up a bit more this season in terms of style of play. Partick looked like a decent counter attack team, they are set up for pacey breaks and it worked well on several occasions, (final ball was just too slow). With two solid centre halves they would have won that game as they were better across most other areas than us.

Someone really needs to tell Dicker he's not Gerrard and that perhaps he should stop trying dragbacks and outside of the boot passes. When he keeps it simple he's solid enough but when he tries something fancy he's a liability.

He plays the defensive midfielder role very well. His positioning and tackling are good, but even without the fancy stuff he can't seem to find a teammate with 5 yard passes. Surely it should be the easiest part of the game. 

3 hours ago, Maine said:

How did scully play? Doesn't look like he could've done much to prevent the goals considering our defenders just seemed to melt away.

Played well. About as comfortable as I've seen him for a long time. Made a few good saves and claimed a few decent crosses.

17 hours ago, Nightmare said:

It should have been a penalty, aye, but it should never have even got to that stage anyway. No idea why Lawless didn't hit it first time.

I'm not convinced it was a penalty. I think Lawless tried to let it run for Booth and ended himself in a panic when he realised how close Tyson. Bizarre when he'd already scored, but, barring his goal, he was shot-shy all afternoon.

2 hours ago, Nizzy said:

I'm not convinced it was a penalty. I think Lawless tried to let it run for Booth and ended himself in a panic when he realised how close Tyson. Bizarre when he'd already scored, but, barring his goal, he was shot-shy all afternoon.

Nonsense. SCYTHED to the ground.

I'd also say he was allowing himself to be dragged out of position too easily in the first half. Doolan was running as deep as the halfway line, and Boyd would follow him.

I felt he played a bit better in the second half though?

Archived