Killie vs Thistle 17th September

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlucky not to win that. If Dallas was a competent ref it would have helped. Thought Edwards and Doolan had good game, as did Amoo and Erskine too before they tired after an hour.

Coulibaly looks a player.

Satisfied with the point after twice being behind, but I didn't think it was a free kick for their first and we should've had a penalty just before they scored their second.

I'm not kidding myself on, though. Our defending is atrocious. A missed header and a fresh-air swipe for their first and Coulibaly gets between two defenders for number two. A new centre back's a must.

Good to come back twice bit I thought we were pretty poor in our play and the concentration was a bit off with a sloppy goal lost to start off precedings. 

Killie are shite outside of the guy playing alongside Boyd. They were solid in the tackle at times but should really have beaten us if they had anything about them.

Disappointed to ship two points to that dross tbqph.

Andrew Dallas made a few peculiar decisions and seemed to pass off both sets of fans.

I actually thought Osman was a lot better this week but I expected more from Doolan,  Lawless and Erskine.

Ho hum. Off the bottom of the table for now...

I think we're a better team than Killie, but our defending was shocking again, so a point is about what we deserved. If Azeez hadn't been a diddy and scored that chance at the end, it would have been a fortunate 3 points rather than deserved. Killie just seem to play an aimless style of hoofball - unless that was just a one off designed to target our inability to clear balls into the box? If so, it worked for them.

Erskine was back to his rage-inducing inconsistency today - a magic run which should have resulted in a goal, and the cross which set up the second goal, mixed in with some utterly horrendous failed passes and attempts to control the ball.

Scully had as good a game as I can remember for us.

Thought this was a pretty entertaining game for large parts, despite the standard not being too great. Our defending is an absolute shambles, and is the reason we didn't come away with the three points. That's the best I think I've seen Scully play for us and he made a cracking save from Boyd (?) in the first half. The defending for the first Killie goal is absolutely atrocious. Thought Lawless and Amoo were great and can only assume the latter was subbed because he was tired. Azeez really should've buried that at the end, at by the looks of his reaction, he knows it too. 

Terrified at the prospect of our defence up against Louis Moult next weekend without Osman there protecting them. Hopefully Barton is good at doing a similar job.

Today was the first game I've missed this season, so I can't comment on today's performance.

However, I'm extremely disappointed and alarmed at just how much we've regressed defensively as a team. We had one of the better defences in the league last season and it seems we made little or no attempt to re-sign the players who were so central to our success. It's been apparent for sometime now that we've been in need of two quality centre halves. We've brought in Devine who has been far from convincing, young Lindsay is a very decent prospect, but I don't think it's fair to rely on him every week. Barton looks like a good signing on the face of it, but Portsmouth fans seemed pretty unanimous in the view that he's a far better midfielder than he is defender.

Would have taken that result if offered before the game.

Thought the pitch looked very dry, previously Killie tended to have it pretty much saturated, they have also greatly reduced the width and length. I reckon it will help Killie shitfest their way to a fairly comfortable 9th place.

Thought some of the Thistle support were very quick to start laying into the players after we went a goal down. Gordon and Lindsay in particular were getting hefty abuse.

Thought some of the Thistle support were very quick to start laying into the players after we went a goal down. Gordon and Lindsay in particular were getting hefty abuse.

You saw the goal, right?

Archived