Joey Barton....Get the popcorn, the fun & games have just begun.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, paisleysaints said:

Joey Bennett total gobshite

I know, but at least he is funny to watch when he goes into meltdown after being caught out posting complete and utter pish, and then tries to defend it for long enough until the bears log on to circle the wagons and then proceed to deflect from Benny's f**k up by picking on one particular unsuspecting poster and job done. :lol:

Watching the saga of Rangers and Joey Barton, right from the start when Joey was signing but couldn't be arsed with the preseason crap, made me think "why bother"? Seemed like a of effort, disrupting the team at significant cost, for little benefit. And all very high risk. 

The whole thing smacked of Willie McKay (football agent and all round good guy!) especially Joey's radio interview. That was NOT accidental nor an impulse decision. To me all about creating a public challenge that would encourage Rangers to give Joey a good payoff (meet full contract plus a decent amount more), and signs the good old confidentiality agreement. 

Wilie has history going back a long time with Uncle Walter who took some of Wilie's duffers (even at Everton when he went there), and then right through to Ally wanting to sign Cousin as the saviour when the club was skint and unable to sign anyone. Oh yes and Cousin was crocked at the time. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/17034037. McKay had a unique relationship with Rangers that appeared to give him 'preferred' status. 

Then I see Willie is not Joey's agent. Had been in the past. So why not now? Oh dear, has there been a falling out?

This explains it!

Meeting of Creditors

In the Doncaster County Court

No 59 of 2015

William Arthur McKay

In Bankruptcy

Other names: Willie McKay. Trading names or styles: Martin Grange Racing, McKay Sports Management, Willie McKay Sports Management. Current residential address: Cobwebbs, Houndslow, Gordon, Berwickshire, TD3 6LX. Former residential address: Martin Grange Farm, Martin Common, Bawtry, Doncaster, DN10 6DD. Occupation: Football Agent. Debtor’s date of birth: 4 June 1959.

Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Rule 6.81 of the Insolvency Rules 1986that a meeting of the creditors of the above named bankrupt will be held atFRP Advisory LLP, 110 Cannon Street, London, EC4N 6EU on 20 July 2015, at 10.00 am for the purposes of considering whether a creditors’ committee should be formed. In the event that a creditors’ committee is not formed resolutions may be taken at the meeting which include a resolution specifying the terms on which the Trustee in bankruptcy is to be remunerated. A form of proxy which, if intended to be used for voting at the meeting must be duly completed and lodged with the Trustee in Bankruptcy at his offices 110 Cannon Street, London, EC4N 6EU not later than 12.00 noon on the business day preceding the date of the meeting. Date of Appointment: 27 May 2015.

Office Holder details: Geoffrey Carton-Kelly (IP No: 8602), of FRP Advisory LLP, 110 Cannon Street, London, EC4N 6EU. Further details contact: Email: CP.London@frpadvisory.com

Geoffrey Carton-Kelly, Trustee

18 June 2015

Joey now has an agent called Mark McKay. Lives in Bawtry (see Wilie's address in Court paper above). Mark is the sole director of a £100 company. https://goo.gl/qZ84nJ

Formed 3 years ago when Mark was a 27 year old.  Quite young for a job competing against such dodgy characters. I just hope he has a good experienced mentor who can give him support and good advice. 

Equally I just hope that Willie (https://goo.gl/Vd3TPP) is not playing an active role in negotiating Joey's exit package out of Rangers, nor acting as a 'shadow director'. Going bankrupt is humiliating, but taking an active role in running a business while bankrupt could well be criminal behaviour. 

If you read the Daily Record it appears to be about the playing side. Absolutely not. This is business me boy. How can we milk as much money as possible out of a football club for the least effort?

P.S. And who really signed Barton? Just doesn't smack of a Warburton type of signing!

He's been suspended for three weeks.

What is the point of that?  Bizarre.

Thinking exactly the same. If it was just verbals as The Rangers claimed then surely the suspension he had would suffice.

Surprised Barton hasn't revealed all by now. Can't usually keep his mouth shut. Wonder what The Rangers hope to achieve by this.

Archived