25th September, Rangers visit Aberdeen

9 minutes ago, Myview said:

Ok. I watched the match v St Johnstone and I thought there was little between the teams and it could have gone either way and of course it was like today, a late goal to win it. 

Tbh today both teams performances didn't really surprise me. Rangers to have more possession, Aberdeen to be more dangerous in attack, Rangers struggling to score and looking dodgy at the back. Also if it wasn't going to be a draw there would only be one goal in it. I think most would have envisaged that? 

Please don't rank us beside you lot. We pumped Aberdeen 5-1 at Pittodrie last season, and if Wotherspoons hand hadn't been offside, or Lewis hadn't made an absolute wonder save, would've taken a 1-0 lead that we very rarely lose, in Thursdays game. 

You lot never looked like scoring, never mind winning, that game. A total shitebag outfit which seems to delude its support into believing its something its not because they have a couple of players who'll happily pass the ball about forty yards from goal, and a couple of full backs who are allowed to be obscenely shite defensively because they make up for the fact your wingers are invisible. I'd be disappointed if we finish below you this season.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to be a long haul for us this, thought we were the better side today, but again possession counts for nothing without goals. Some decent chances but all wasted. Great free kick for their winner, but it was never a foul in the first place. Don't think the Ref had a bad stint today but he definitely got that one wrong.

5 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I don't believe you.

7 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

About the pen or selling? 

The fact that Rangers know already that they will not win the league I believe they will sell to reduce the wage bill and get some money in. 

2 minutes ago, Myview said:

Ok. I watched the match v St Johnstone and I thought there was little between the teams and it could have gone either way and of course it was like today, a late goal to win it. 

Tbh today both teams performances didn't really surprise me. Rangers to have more possession, Aberdeen to be more dangerous in attack, Rangers struggling to score and looking dodgy at the back. Also if it wasn't going to be a draw there would only be one goal in it. I think most would have envisaged that? 

I was not surprised by Rangers incredibly naive tactics. Playing suicidal full backs alongside ponderous centre backs giving acres of space for Aberdeen to exploit. Allowing Rangers the possession they had was obviously Aberdeen's game plan. No other Scottish team would be so reckless at Pittodrie . 

I was surprised by Aberdeen's failure to exploit this. A tough game on Thursday must have taken a lot out of the players and Hayes looked off his normal game maybe carrying an injury. Our team has yet to click into gear this season, however we have ground out results and we will get better.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Please don't rank us beside you lot. We pumped Aberdeen 5-1 at Pittodrie last season, and if Wotherspoons hand hadn't been offside, or Lewis hadn't made an absolute wonder save, would've taken a 1-0 lead that we very rarely lose, in Thursdays game. 

You lot never looked like scoring, never mind winning, that game. A total shitebag outfit which seems to delude its support into believing its something its not because they have a couple of players who'll happily pass the ball about forty yards from goal, and a couple of full backs who are allowed to be obscenely shite defensively because they make up for the fact your wingers are invisible. I'd be disappointed if we finish below you this season.

Every word true, 

"The Rangers strategy should be a simple thing and I have discussed this with institutions. It is this: every year we have to compete with Celtic. That is the business plan. And that is Celtic's business plan as well. We have to beat them and they have to beat us. "

"I am not going into this on the basis that I have to make a return on an investment. I actually believe whatever I invest in Rangers I will never get back. But I am happy to do it," 

Dave King, convicted tax cheat who very quickly backtracked on his £50 £40 £30 £20million investment promise by caveating it with "well, that figure includes fan investment too", ladies and gentlemen. Any chance that Rangers* fans are going to start grilling him on his bullshit anytime soon?

Well done Aberdeen on rubbing their noses in shit, hope you can put in a credible title challenge this year.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Last season is irrelevant. It's this season that counts. I think you are actually agreeing with me. I did say the match could have gone either way and it took a late goal to beat you. 

I think Rangers did look like scoring and well after it went to 1-1 there was a chance to win. They also had a good first half. I agree with the rest. Cavalier football the way Rangers play it is not advisable especially with Hayes' pace. 

1 minute ago, Myview said:

Last season is irrelevant. It's this season that counts. I think you are actually agreeing with me. I did say the match could have gone either way and it took a late goal to beat you. 

I think Rangers did look like scoring and well after it went to 1-1 there was a chance to win. They also had a good first half. I agree with the rest. Cavalier football the way Rangers play it is not advisable especially with Hayes' pace. 

This is the thing, its totally relevant. Last season Aberdeen had to learn to compete with St Johnstone. McInnes signed players to address the physical dominance they and others foisted on us. Rangers Manager's reaction is "the ref done us, the better team lost".  

6 minutes ago, Myview said:

You never looked like scoring. Garner and Waghorn are hilariously poor strikers, who'll only score complete tap ins this season. McKay is a complete nothing player, while Miller and O'Halloran are both horrendous in front of goal.

23 minutes ago, bennett said:

Proud to be a bear.

Yes a section of the gay community also refer to themselves as bears, not sure of why that's relevant here.

Just an observation.

Did you enjoy watching that team impersonate the team you use to support but let die today? 

19 minutes ago, Kneetrembler said:

I was not surprised by Rangers incredibly naive tactics. Playing suicidal full backs alongside ponderous centre backs giving acres of space for Aberdeen to exploit. Allowing Rangers the possession they had was obviously Aberdeen's game plan. No other Scottish team would be so reckless at Pittodrie . 

I was surprised by Aberdeen's failure to exploit this. A tough game on Thursday must have taken a lot out of the players and Hayes looked off his normal game maybe carrying an injury. Our team has yet to click into gear this season, however we have ground out results and we will get better.

I agree all except the tiredness. Thursday/Sunday matches are the same as Wednesday/ Saturday. Also apart from Celtic, I'm sure all teams say they have to click into gear and will get better. 

7 minutes ago, Kneetrembler said:

This is the thing, its totally relevant. Last season Aberdeen had to learn to compete with St Johnstone. McInnes signed players to address the physical dominance they and others foisted on us. Rangers Manager's reaction is "the ref done us, the better team lost".  

I didn't think physical dominance had anything to do with today's result. Aberdeen won the match because of a well taken goal and a late terrific free kick. Rangers lost due to not scoring enough and poor defending. Other aspects were fairly even. 

Archived