Falkirk (wheel and horses) v Ayr (Burns and horse racing)

6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Ayr deserved something yesterday but I feel that was due more to our rank performance than how good they were.
No way will they be close to a play off spot at the top but should also be safe from one at the bottom.

Would take that and the way McCall is talking about the near future things are starting to look rosy.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr deserved something yesterday but I feel that was due more to our rank performance than how good they were.

No way will they be close to a play off spot at the top but should also be safe from one at the bottom.

Nah can't agree here. We were only as good as Ayr allowed us to be, they were in our faces most of the game, they were solid and had an aire of confidence I never expected. They deserve more credit than you are affording them, you can easily see how the went to Easter Road and came away with 3 points.

McCall has got them organised and I'm sure they'll turn a few heads this year, put it this way, there won't be many queuing up to play them, we soon find out when we play them at there own patch in a couple of weeks

I was expecting them to be relegation favorites this year but I think Dumbarton and Dunfermline better be on their guard, not forgetting StMirren

Firstly: why do the sachets of sauce at TFS only contain about a third as much as anywhere else in the world? Very dece pies but you'd need about six sauces.

18 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Wee shout to the hundreds of Falkirk fans streaming out the stadium after our 2nd goal.

Good to know Saturday night TV is worth rushing out early for. Seriously...do you act that way at the movies or are you just generally an impatient dick?

For a newly-built out-of-town stadium TFS's transport situation is abysmal tbh. If you're going to make your entire regular support drive to the ground don't stick it behind some single-lane roundabout nonsense for the final half mile.

11 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Until the goals the big highlight for me was Hippolyte rugby tackling the Ayr player who knocked ball past him. Nowhere near the ball and just takes the player out, did he get a yellow for that?

Unbooked even after his final warning, which was on hack #7 or so as-is.

11 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sibbald is a bit of a worry for me. He's really been struggling for form so far this season and we haven't really got anyone else with his sort of creativity that can play in the middle of the park. He's dropping far too deep at times too. Let Kerr or whoevers beside him do that job and he should be playing as close to the front two as possible where he can make a real difference.

I've said it afore, the benchmark for Sibbald was two seasons ago, he hasn't got close to that and his form the tail end of last season was poor. I'd have liked to have seen Craigen given a chance in the middle if Sibbs performances continue, sure Craigen would give us a goal threat instead of fully relying on the strikers.

1 hour ago, bejazz1 said:

Nah can't agree here. We were only as good as Ayr allowed us to be, they were in our faces most of the game, they were solid and had an aire of confidence I never expected. They deserve more credit than you are affording them, you can easily see how the went to Easter Road and came away with 3 points.

McCall has got them organised and I'm sure they'll turn a few heads this year, put it this way, there won't be many queuing up to play them, we soon find out when we play them at there own patch in a couple of weeks

I was expecting them to be relegation favorites this year but I think Dumbarton and Dunfermline better be on their guard, not forgetting StMirren

Understand where you are coming from and would be quite happy for them to have decent season but I stick with my opinion that whilst Ayr did well we were almost the agents of our own misfortune yesterday.

Understand where you are coming from and would be quite happy for them to have decent season but I stick with my opinion that whilst Ayr did well we were almost the agents of our own misfortune yesterday.

You were absolutely shite on the day, and we werent helping by being decent. There was just a whole nothingness from your whole play.

I've said it afore, the benchmark for Sibbald was two seasons ago, he hasn't got close to that and his form the tail end of last season was poor. I'd have liked to have seen Craigen given a chance in the middle if Sibbs performances continue, sure Craigen would give us a goal threat instead of fully relying on the strikers.

I think there may be reasons for Sibbalds lack of confidence on the park over the last few years. I think his health problems may impact on his self confidence. He will get over that through time

That would certainly seem like a reasonable cause. Let's hope that Connie wifie that comes in helps him.

Regarding the sauce - I have one splendid sachet d'broon upon my fortnightly peh, and that is more than sufficient flavouring. Any more than that would be positively serf-like behaviour.

We will lose in the Challenge Cup match down there.

Guest Back Post Misses
Well done Derek, I couldn't see where the 3 CH's were coming from unless Boyle split himself in 2.

I did have a belly full of ale before the game mind you [emoji23]

Guest Back Post Misses

You were absolutely shite on the day, and we werent helping by being decent. There was just a whole nothingness from your whole play.

I will take 2-0 shite everyday.

Ayr were OK, but only ok. Punch less up front

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Must be a right scunner playing decent against a team playing absolutely shite and still losing 2-0

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I did have a belly full of ale before the game mind you emoji23.png

I just know we couldn't play 3 CH's out of that 14 even if we wanted to, perhaps one full back was pushing in when the other was going forward.

Guest Back Post Misses
I just know we couldn't play 3 CH's out of that 14 even if we wanted to, perhaps one full back was pushing in when the other was going forward.

Probably

15 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Except from a brilliant turn and shot from big Lee of course.

I think we're maybe getting a bit carried away with the Ayr praise stuff. Aye they played well enough on the day, certainly better than us, and deserved a draw at the very least however I don't think they were that good. Based on what I've seen so far they're better than Dumbarton, Morton and Raith however fans of these clubs could probably say the same about us.

We all know that we can do an awful lot better but I'd be interested to know if that was their best performance so far?

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Except from a brilliant turn and shot from big Lee of course.

I think we're maybe getting a bit carried away with the Ayr praise stuff. Aye they played well enough on the day, certainly better than us, and deserved a draw at the very least however I don't think they were that good. Based on what I've seen so far they're better than Dumbarton, Morton and Raith however fans of these clubs could probably say the same about us.

We all know that we can do an awful lot better but I'd be interested to know if that was their best performance so far?

I agree to an extent. Its nice to know that we didn't go there and sit back, and I think most of the praise from Falkirk fans stems from the fact that they turned up expecting an Attack vs Defence type match and were surprised at how positively we played. That being said, we still lost and that's a massive disappointment. I think a lot of teams in this league will be hit-and-miss throughout the season, and to be honest its a bit difficult to know whether to file Saturday under Hit or Miss for either side!

Suspect Hippolyte was simply acting on instructions. Having watched video of the Hibs game where Devlin set up the winning goal by going past the full back as if he wasn't there, the obvious advice if that scenario occurred would be to simply take a yellow for the team by taking him out. Worked a treat with bonus of no yellow.  

Has Harkins made much of a difference since coming in ?

He made a few clever moments on Saturday but its clear to see why he was on the way out at Dundee, he is nowhere near fit and carrying a bit weight.
His positional sense in the first half was like a free role but align to a position as he was left mid for a bit, right mid, centre mid and up top. 

2 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I agree to an extent. Its nice to know that we didn't go there and sit back, and I think most of the praise from Falkirk fans stems from the fact that they turned up expecting an Attack vs Defence type match and were surprised at how positively we played. That being said, we still lost and that's a massive disappointment. I think a lot of teams in this league will be hit-and-miss throughout the season, and to be honest its a bit difficult to know whether to file Saturday under Hit or Miss for either side!

Aye, that's certainly what I expected and all credit to you for having a go. I spoke to a Hibs fan last week who said they were by far the better team and robbed on the day. Also said that Bartley shouldn't have been sent off either.

Hibs fans do tend to have an over inflated opinion of their team right enough.

Archived