Falkirk (wheel and horses) v Ayr (Burns and horse racing)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That game was Fucking pish, ayr looked like they wanted it more than us. Leahy was shocking while I thought Kidd was motm.

Loved the ayr lad screaming 'MINE' before heading the ball into the back of the net. Thanks pal x

Ayr will comfortably stay in the league if they play like that every week. Could've easily been another win for the honest men.

5 wins in a row now. We're back in it :)

Well that wasn't the best but never mind, we were lucky to get a win today and we looked really flats, slow and steckie . the OG was just pure luck but lee millers goal was decent youv got to admit. Didn't think aye offered all that much in attack, not any more than we did at least.

Being the kind of negative door faced c**t that I am, does anyone else find it a wee bit worrying how much lee miller contributes to our goal tally considering he's coming towards the end of his career? Or is it just me? 

How we didn't win this game I just don't know. We were by far the better team but, to be fair, Falkirk, despite having an off day, got the ball in the net twice. You don't get points for good performance, it's goals that count. More than satisfied with the efforts of the team though. 

12 minutes ago, Cutty Old said:

How we didn't win this game I just don't know. We were by far the better team but, to be fair, Falkirk, despite having an off day, got the ball in the net twice. You don't get points for good performance, it's goals that count. More than satisfied with the efforts of the team though. 

The keeper denied you what would have been a screamer but how many decent chances did you have? I didn't think it was all that many maybe I'm wrong, in the first half ayr should have scored if the boy never fell on his arse , you were at your best in the 2nd I was behind the other goal

27 minutes ago, Cutty Old said:

no striker

7 minutes ago, Honestmen said:

Fair play to Falkirk fans for honest views on the game, but if you dont take your chance. Cracking stadium apert from getting wet 2/3rds up the stand. Plans to build the last stand?

Maybe when we fill the rest of the empty seats. I was dry the whole 90. Even took my jacket off it was lovely n warm out of the wind in the south !

We were pretty awful today however if we can play like that every week and still pick up the 3 points I'd be delighted.

First half was pretty dire stuff from both teams no shots on target and not a lot of football being played.

Second half though I thought Ayr were quite comfortably the better team but they weren't really creating an awful lot. I remember a free header at the near post (Balatoni?) which was put well wide then about 5 minutes before we scored Gilmour put a shot past the post when it was probably easier to score. The only save Rogers had to make was a brilliant save tipping over from a long range volley. We got out of jail with Meggatt heading in the own goal and it was a brilliant finish from Miller showed great strength to hold off the defender turn him then absolutely bury the shot.

Our midfield was extremely disappointing today Sibbald was rank before he went off, Rankin came on and didn't really do anything, Kerr was surprisingly quiet before he went off and Hippo wasn't at it today. Taiwo the only one who actually turned up today imo.

McCracken strolled it again today he's yet to put a foot wrong since he came back into the team. Easily our mom today.

16 minutes ago, Russ said:

Our midfield was extremely disappointing today Sibbald was rank before he went off, Rankin came on and didn't really do anything, Kerr was surprisingly quiet before he went off and Hippo wasn't at it today. Taiwo the only one who actually turned up today imo.

100 % spot on

Archived