Stenhousemuir -vs- Alloa Athletic

Good highlights as usual, well in.

lol @ Jim Goodwin, what an idiot. That elbow on Jamie McCormack is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen, what a ridiculous thing to do.

Alloa Athletic had more chances then I remembered, they really should have killed us off. Greig Spence could have had a hat-trick.

Also, shouts to Alan Cook - I thought it was Mark Gilhaney who set up our first goal but it was Cook who played the ball in for Willis Alves Furtado to score. And what a pass it was! Perfectly weighted, brilliantly finished.

Jason Marr was definitely at fault for Oliver Shaw's equaliser - I don't think he lost his man, per se, but he did nothing to stop the ball from reaching the striker. Poor stuff.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with FF that we should have been out of sight before Stennie got a sniff.

The chance that Spence put past the post at the start of the second half and the shot Gordon hit straight at the keeper from the free kick look more clear cut than they did on the day.

At the time i thought it was a mistake going 5 at the back when JR brought on Marr, i thought Graham and Gordon were dealing with things fine through the middle and although not having the best of games Taggart and Waters were doing enough to see the game out, when Marr came on the defence lost their shape a bit and became too congested, the two banks of four in my opinion seemed to work fine but you can see why JR made the change but would hope he may reconsider the next time.

It would have been nice to have a wee buffer could into the next tough three games against Airdrie and then Brechin and Livvy away but cant be unhappy at being top so its onwards and hopefully upwards.

Two points thrown away from an Alloa perspective. Moment of madness from Goodwin when the game was pretty much won, but still disappointing the team couldn't see it out from there. Wouldn't be too hard on Jason Marr who very rarely makes a mistake.  

Great credit to Stenny for keeping going to the end . They seem to be making some progress after a tough start. Happy for Bomber, however frustrating the outcome was.

Still can't believe we didn't win on Saturday; neither team had a good game, but I don't think it's unfair to say that we'd have been further ahead but for our own profligacy. I'd no idea what Jim Goodwin was ordered off for at the time, but you've got to wonder what goes through the man's head when you watch the video. He even had a couple of goes with the elbow, FFS. I suppose that's something we have to accept if we want him in the team - he's obviously not going to change after this long - but that's surely the main reason we lost points.

As mentioned, Stenny's attitude was good, and it got them some rewards. When the chances finally came, they showed better finishing than us too. Hopefully that was just a tired team after Wednesday, and that's Jim's brainfart for the season out of the way  :wacko:

100% changed the game we should have seen the game out . But as a unit am sure we will learn from this 

Jim did apologise to the Group after the game and will just have to sit out the coming games . He's a big player for us but no good to us sitting in the stand 

We do have players who can go straight into that role that Jim plays so not so bad 

Archived