Old Firm referee bias.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Well I think it was 'probably' the correct decision. Then again I am biased against them so it could sway my opinion of it.

:)  I feel your pain Davie, you want to use Aberdeen's free kick yesterday to prove decisions go against the old firm but you just can't commit and support the notion Rangers were hard done to. You'd be better just leaving this one alone.

[emoji4]  I feel your pain Davie, you want to use Aberdeen's free kick yesterday to prove decisions go against the old firm but you just can't commit and support the notion Rangers were hard done to. You'd be better just leaving this one alone.

Nope. The arguments previously given were ones that people felt the 'should' have gone their way but didn't. Yesterday's in my opinion should've gone their way & did, although I could see why The Rangers felt it wasn't but I disagree with them or about how strongly they objected.

You can't moan about never getting decisions you should then ignore it when a fresh example comes along and gets pointed out to you just because it doesn't suit your agenda.

Nobodies saying they never get decisions, they're saying that decisiions have been heavily weighed in favour of the OF for the last god knows how long, which is the case. The old firm will occassionally get howlers against them, but with nowhere near the frequency of the rest of the league. It's mainly down to the press. Back page headline in the star today (it's what my mate at work had, I don't buy papers) is about the ref who maybe made the wrong call on a free kick, motherwell had a perfectly good goal chopped off for the 2nd week in a row, you get nothing but a line in a match report. Can you imagine if that had been rangers or celtic, and it cost them points? No wonder the refs shitebag it.

I presume the ref didn't like the fact that he knocked the opponent over after winning the ball with a tackle coming in from the side. He wins the ball, I think most agree with that but the contact after is what the ref whistled for I reckon. Based on that (and I could be wrong!), I would have to peruse the rule book as to whether the ref interpreted that incident correctly.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It was a clear free kick, unless lunging in from the side suddenly became something we don't all get punished for?

Huge shock to see a Celtic fan sticking up for Rangers though.

Two cheeks of the same arse, can't live with each other, can't live without each other.

Warburton himself wants special treatment and admits it when he says the ref has to be 100% sure, in games "of this type".

Leaving aside the ludicrous suggestion that refs can only make any kind of call if absolutely certain, it's clear that he thinks big grudge games like the one his club often plays in, should somehow be treated differently by the officials.  What a bizarre claim.

Clear penalty denied to Celtic yesterday at Dundee. Pretty much in the same kinda mound as the one denied to Inverness CT a couple of weeks ago which resulted in the gnashing of the teeth on here. All quiet on this thread when we get denied these calls and then forgotten about when this topic gets discussed.

Clear penalty denied to Celtic yesterday at Dundee. Pretty much in the same kinda mound as the one denied to Inverness CT a couple of weeks ago which resulted in the gnashing of the teeth on here. All quiet on this thread when we get denied these calls and then forgotten about when this topic gets discussed.

Playing the victim again?

I don't think anyone has ever said that Celtic or new Rangers don't get bad calls against them? It's fairly clear however that they get far more questionable calls than the other teams and that they don't "even out over the season" where those two are involved. The decisions even themselves out between the other 10 clubs and probably between the two ex-OF clubs but between the two and the ten it isn't even close.

Archived