Kelty Hearts Thread?

leomessi1984

ke - you could just have left it after the first line of your post, and been gracious in defeat! 
Putting the 2nd line in will just make the West teams thinking your team is arrogant, or perhaps that our league isn't that great, given Kilwinning aren't having the best of seasons so far.
Maybe just edit your post after this.

Got to agree with toffee fan, leave it after the first line. Kelty did turn up and performed exactly as the Buffs management expected them to, hence the victory for the Buffs. The Kelty management team did not prepare their team to compete against Kilwinning. Maybe a bit of arrogance. Certainly looked like it as they seemed more animated about the Kilwinning officials stepping outside the technical area than they did with what was going on on the park. Great victory for Kilwinning and well deserved on and off the park.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After getting skelpted by Killwinning last year I'm not surprised they've pulled another result out the bag but phenomenal to do it at Kelty on the run they are on.

Unfortunately for Kelty the end of the season will be an anticlimax as they've already won the league - they've had a brilliant season.

Much like us when Bradley won the league unbeaten, the end of the season petered out and Talbot handled us in the final - all the other games had a preseason feel to them after the league was confirmed.

in all honesty I think the ref enjoyed being on camera more than the players, Kelty didn't do enough in the final third and Kilwinning took their chances. Actually thought the game was quite poor on the day and any neutral would say the better team won. 

The west coasters not having the greatest league seasons but marching on in the cup, congrats and good luck!

Fair play to KR tbh they more that deserved the win on the day. I thought the team defended pretty well considering they couldn't rely too much on the keeper either.

p.s. I think laughing at rival teams being put out the cup only works when your own team haven't been skelped by the same rival team in the previous round 5-0, each to their own I suppose.

At the game on sat ,obviously a major shock to the  much hyped  Kelty Team.

I felt that their defence slow , cumbersome,  maybe K.R. pressured them

into errors .Just a thought could it be that the defence is overrated , or is

playing 2or 3 strikers the best tactics to have a go attack ,  force them to

defend more.  I was at the 1999 Final v K.R. and in my opinion  that Kelty Team ,

was a far better side than todays.

P.S.  of course regulars to this site know my opinion on the standard

of the East Super League.

1 hour ago, Thathanka Iyothake said:

At the game on sat ,obviously a major shock to the  much hyped  Kelty Team.

I felt that their defence slow , cumbersome,  maybe K.R. pressured them

into errors .Just a thought could it be that the defence is overrated , or is

playing 2or 3 strikers the best tactics to have a go attack ,  force them to

defend more.  I was at the 1999 Final v K.R. and in my opinion  that Kelty Team ,

was a far better side than todays.

P.S.  of course regulars to this site know my opinion on the standard

of the East Super League.

Looks like there could be a few redundancies  oops meant changes on Saturday.

Shows how far we have come for all this attention to 1 defeat in 27 games, quite humbling tbh.

As a club and individuals part of our club iv not witnessed any "get it up ye" to our wins over the years or any digs to other clubs upon their defeats on this forum, Nor have I heard our club post or say we are the best about and unbeatable etc. a load of p***h.

Auld Heid - Bit of a low blow joking about redundancies with people getting payed off all over the country.

Don't really post on this forum as much now and now I know why, despite the troubles at some other clubs on and off the pitch, Kelty are still on everyone's lips. Its job done I suppose in the marketing/creating an interest in our wee village football club.

We will continue to work hard as we always do and come May it will be interesting to see what the hard work will bring, we have massive fixtures to look forward to with of course the 3 eagerly anticipated home fixtures against HOB of which I'm certain our boys will be up for.

I hope Kilwinning can go all the way, they have a good chance based on Saturday that's for sure.

Tbh I wasn't overly surprised at the result as you don't know what your gonny get fae KR,think getting beat at home was maybe more surprising,sure Kelty will put it behind them and concentrating on the other comps,league's done,Rose got to much to do to catch up and Kelty points on board,nothing agst Kelty as a club and they've seemingly came on leaps and bounds on and off the park.

1 hour ago, kefc said:

Shows how far we have come for all this attention to 1 defeat in 27 games, quite humbling tbh.

As a club and individuals part of our club iv not witnessed any "get it up ye" to our wins over the years or any digs to other clubs upon their defeats on this forum, Nor have I heard our club post or say we are the best about and unbeatable etc. a load of p***h.

Auld Heid - Bit of a low blow joking about redundancies with people getting payed off all over the country.

Don't really post on this forum as much now and now I know why, despite the troubles at some other clubs on and off the pitch, Kelty are still on everyone's lips. Its job done I suppose in the marketing/creating an interest in our wee village football club.

We will continue to work hard as we always do and come May it will be interesting to see what the hard work will bring, we have massive fixtures to look forward to with of course the 3 eagerly anticipated home fixtures against HOB of which I'm certain our boys will be up for.

I hope Kilwinning can go all the way, they have a good chance based on Saturday that's for sure.

Thanks for your encouragement for Buffs,at the end of your post,kefc.Although we progressed into the next round of the Scottish,I won't knock Kelty Hearts! As I mentioned on another thread,Kelty are a good team,as your results this season show. There is always a bit of jealousy when a team is doing well,& certain individuals from rival clubs can't wait to knock them,when a defeat eventually comes along. Good luck to Kelty Hearts for the rest of the season!

Put yourselves on a pedestal and people will always knock you. In doing so it's a backhanded compliment of your situation.

Take the bait and people will continue to engage in the ribbing.

20 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Put yourselves on a pedestal and people will always knock you. In doing so it's a backhanded compliment of your situation.

Take the bait and people will continue to engage in the ribbing.

No one from our club has us on a pedestal, maybe that's your view of where our club is, we can't help that.

Im a believer if you really want to achieve or better something it's always key to focus on working on that rather than acting classless looking for bites/digs at others expense. It's a small minded attitude imo and with the old saying every dog has there day can make you look very silly.

Happy to take the ribbing and digs as part of the game but it's no the way our club goes about its business on here. As you say it is a backhanded compliment so we will take it as that.

Im sure your team had more than a few years when you could afford to spend much more on players than any of your fife rivals could,Kelty have very good sponsorship and not just from one man btw,an extremely hard working committee who run a successful social club,a succesful hospitality package which i can say is excellent btw,if by doing this they can now compete with the likes of linlithgow,boness etc what`s wrong with that ????

Nothing wrong with it at all in my opinion. It's about time there was a strong top half in the east and Kelty and Bonnyrigg are now the top spenders. It's up to the likes of us, HoB and Bo'ness now to catch you. The standard of the league will increase because of it and there's already some good teams in there.

Same rubbish being spouted at any club who signs a few top players!

Clearly looking at the ground and the other initiatives at the club there is a bigger picture than trying to "buy" success.  Green eyed monsters appearing everywhere, several of whom I have never seen on the Kelty forum until the last week or so...........

31 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Nothing wrong with it at all in my opinion. It's about time there was a strong top half in the east and Kelty and Bonnyrigg are now the top spenders. It's up to the likes of us, HoB and Bo'ness now to catch you. The standard of the league will increase because of it and there's already some good teams in there.

Linlithgow have chose a path that relies on membership of the SFA and financial benefits this can bring.  Improvements to the infrastructure are all very well but in doing so they have taken their eye of the playing side.  The results since Smith left have plummeted and we have witnessed quality players chased away for unknowns. 

30 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Same rubbish being spouted at any club who signs a few top players!

Clearly looking at the ground and the other initiatives at the club there is a bigger picture than trying to "buy" success.  Green eyed monsters appearing everywhere, several of whom I have never seen on the Kelty forum until the last week or so...........

Admittedly I have been guilty of a few digs/banter in recent months.  I readily admit the improvements off the park at Kelty have been fantastic and a good example to other clubs and indeed on the park as well.

Having been around the junior game for over 40 years - history tells you, players will always follow the money and history suggests if teams are not careful this can be an unwise policy.  Only time will tell if Kelty have the balance right (I hope so) as we ultimately all want a stronger junior game.

Archived