Oh Kez!!!

John Lambies Doos

36 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

That's exactly what I thought.

She has no hand to play because she and her party will never support Scottish Independence.

So she'll meekly walk away and side with the Tories anyway.

it's pretty much playing in to the SNP's hands. Labour's point seems to be that it's better to try to work together than go for independence. They're going to show precisely that trying to work with Westminster has no effect whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Big Rider said:

I think it's Kev the Dee from this very forum.....

Nah, there's nobody on here spouts the Labour party line as eruditely as Jmothetwat.

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Kez and Labour also voted against allowing EU nationals and 16/17 y.o. the vote in Indy Ref2. Pretty shameful stuff.

This needs to be heavily publicised before the May elections. Labour need to get an absolute and total electoral shoeing. Maybe, just maybe they'll change their stance on Independence. Alternatively they'll continue to let Ruth the Mooth wear them like a glove, before eventually withering and dying as a party. 

I'm good with either tbh. 

11 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

This needs to be heavily publicised before the May elections. Labour need to get an absolute and total electoral shoeing. Maybe, just maybe they'll change their stance on Independence. Alternatively they'll continue to let Ruth the Mooth wear them like a glove, before eventually withering and dying as a party. 

I'm good with either tbh. 

On occasion I do feel a modicum of sympathy for Labour. Caught between the hard right, jingoistic, brexiteering Tories and the SNP's electoral machine, they're being squeezed to death. Every party in Scotland are now picking apart the carcass.

Then of course, I remember why they're in this position. Hell mend 'em.

They polled 31% of first preference votes last time. They're looking at around half that now. They're going to lose control of Glasgow and probably the other 3 too. It's going to be glorious.

2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

On occasion I do feel a modicum of sympathy for Labour. Caught between the hard right, jingoistic, brexiteering Tories and the SNP's electoral machine, they're being squeezed to death. Every party in Scotland are now picking apart the carcass.

Then of course, I remember why they're in this position. Hell mend 'em.

They polled 31% of first preference votes last time. They're looking at around half that now. They're going to lose control of Glasgow and probably the other 3 too. It's going to be glorious.

I might have to record the coverage. I really really hope that c**t McTernan is on TV at some point. 

Watching Dugdale stammer out a series of shite excuses for yet another drubbing will also be tremendous. 

5 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

I might have to record the coverage. I really really hope that c**t McTernan is on TV at some point. 

Watching Dugdale stammer out a series of shite excuses for yet another drubbing will also be tremendous. 

Looking forward to a Duncy Hothersall tantrum also.

Mixed feelings about Kez being emptied after this as she is just so bad I kinda want her to stay.

6 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Looking forward to a Duncy Hothersall tantrum also.

Mixed feelings about Kez being emptied after this as she is just so bad I kinda want her to stay.

Those are usually good value, although he's just trying too hard for attention now. Kez going would be sad as her almost weekly political car crashes are good fun. Her replacement though will be Sarwar who is fucking loathsome and will probably take their support even further down the drain.

What a time to be alive.

The sad thing is, even another battering at the polls in May isn't going to make Slab wake up and take notice.

They'll still be shaking with apoplexy at the SNP.  It's too late for them now.  They've gone too far down that road and are too consumed with hatred for the SNP.

f**k 'em. I hope they replace Kez with Anas Sarwar after their May hoofing, sealing their fate.

8 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I don't think they'll do as disastrously as they might have, thanks to the single transferable vote system, which in today's polarised political environment will surely hamper the SNP. The other side to this is that everywhere is Tory councillors – and perhaps even entire councils – elected with the help of Labour preference votes and vice versa.

It will look pretty ugly.

Edited by Mr Heliums

I wonder just how low SLab need to fall before there is a rethink amongst ordinary Party members?  I wonder how much their membership will need to fall by in numbers before some thought is given to their policies and practices?

There will be Labour Councillors who get binned in May and simply walk away from active politics.  They are going to end up with no organisation whatsoever.  I wonderf if there will be a push internally to adopt a pro-Independence position?  I would see that as something positive, at the same time it might lead to incredible infighting and more folk abandoning them.

Christ, they are a mess.

I wonder just how low SLab need to fall before there is a rethink amongst ordinary Party members?  I wonder how much their membership will need to fall by in numbers before some thought is given to their policies and practices?
There will be Labour Councillors who get binned in May and simply walk away from active politics.  They are going to end up with no organisation whatsoever.  I wonderf if there will be a push internally to adopt a pro-Independence position?  I would see that as something positive, at the same time it might lead to incredible infighting and more folk abandoning them.
Christ, they are a mess.

There must be a minumum number of members with which they need to function on a day to day basis and they can't be far off it. Last couple of elections there were very few labour rosettes on show around polling stations. Another horsing would surely make it virtually impossible to operate in a number of constituencies.

1 hour ago, dogmc said:

There must be a minumum number of members with which they need to function on a day to day basis and they can't be far off it. Last couple of elections there were very few labour rosettes on show around polling stations. Another horsing would surely make it virtually impossible to operate in a number of constituencies.

I think that's spot on.  It's over 20 years since I've been involved in Labour Party politics but at that time Dundee had a very vibrant CLP (the two used to meet as one).  I only know one or two people still active and rarely see them but they are honest enough to admit that the organisation is simply hobbling along and is largely dependent on Councillors and their families,wannabe Councillors, and a handful of old folk.

23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I think that's spot on.  It's over 20 years since I've been involved in Labour Party politics but at that time Dundee had a very vibrant CLP (the two used to meet as one).  I only know one or two people still active and rarely see them but they are honest enough to admit that the organisation is simply hobbling along and is largely dependent on Councillors and their families,wannabe Councillors, and a handful of old folk.

Anecdotal only, but in Glasgow I heard of some of those few who could be persuaded to go doorstepping on behalf of Labour on the run up to the last GE quitting after a single night of being consistently being told to take a f**k to themselves.

I guess the Tories became inured to it over the Thatcher years, but it must be a culture shock to the diehards in their old heartlands.

Edited by Hillonearth

Just now, Hillonearth said:

Anecdotal only, but in Glasgow I heard of some of those few who could be persuaded to go doorstepping on behalf of Labour on the run up to the last GE quitting after a single night of being consistently being told to take a f**k to themselves.

There are parts of Glasgow that epitomise Labour's failure to deliver for their core support, and, more importantly, for those who needed support most whether they were Labour voters or not.