McLaren Gone

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Lets face it if Berwick were in the English leagues they would be playing in some diddy league in the Northern Section.

Getting spanked off their local rivals Morpeth probably

2 minutes ago, Binos123sam said:

So's your whole team :lol:

6 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Well that's not very nice, is it? You're calling a 22 year-old forward who had a strike rate of about 1 in every 2 games last season 'crap'. As an Edinburgh fan, you've almost certainly seen him just once in your life. Even better, if Edinburgh signed him, he'd absolutely walk into your squad and become your personal hero. Can you understand why you're just a little hard to take seriously?

Still, at least we'll be a small club in England that's bigger than yours, straight out of the capital. Glorious, glorious scenes.

Well I saw him at Arbroath last season playing for berwick when I worked up there. He was litter. Constantly tripping over his own feet. He scored your penalty but other than that he is terrible. 

5 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Imagine actually getting a full blown hard-on, rock solid at a 2-0 victory over the division's historical non-entities :lol::lol::lol: f**k me, what have Stirling Albion become?.

At least we managed to beat " the division`s historical non-entities" which is more than the pish team from Berwick could today.   :lol::lol::lol:

2 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Whilst Dean Carse is your most electrifying forward, I'll not be prepared to listen to your views. Until that is no longer the case, please nip away and watch highlights of Jordyn Sheerin pissing all over you. That way you might get an understanding of what makes a good forward.

He's at Civil Service Strollers now.

You fud. 

See, this is exactly what happened at Berwick. A bunch of morons who have no idea what a good player is give Hendo stick, Hendo was defended by the elite Ducket maseev who have a quite unbelievable eye for a player, and Hendo repaid their faith by getting it right up those who sit in section F, particularly the one with Yellow Feet. 

Ooooooh bitchy ;) I thought you lot had got over all this... Even the Stirling mob agree with F! f**k Blair Henderson. He decided to go in search of higher wages so he can stay and rot at Stirling

Maybe because we've only been in senior football for 7 league games you complete munce. Your just the same as the rest of the Berwick gobshites at Meadowbank that were spouting crap like your this massive club. Your not you never will be. If we go back to he lowland league so what. You'll always be a small club in England. 

Many league games you lot won this season ?

During the 90 minutes yesterday, you could physically see that Stuart McLaren's mind was made up and that he was gone, he just looked absolutely scunnered and I genuinely believe he didn't know where it's had gone wrong for him.

McLaren is a nice guy who gave his all to improve the club, of that there is no doubt, but it's another warning to Lower League Chairmen that coaching badges, Sport Science, 1 up front systems, power points and a myth that you can implement the Barcelona ethos into a Part Time team that plays in the cesspit of Scottish Football, does not work!!!

During his time at the club, McLaren did have good players and contrary to some of the posts in this thread, good players remain at the club, but teams (and managers) that tend to do well at this level, are those that do the basics well and stick to them.

That's not to say that to be a success at this level that you need to play hoof ball and have cloggers all over the park, of course it doesn't.

I'm sure McLaren will remain in football (well he works at EduSport for a start) and will be an asset somewhere but I'll be surprised if we see him back within the senior game, unless it's in a coaching role.

So the club now moves onto the next chapter, a few names have been banded about by the supporters and Allan Moore & James Fowler appear to be the early fans favourites and I wouldn't be against either getting the gig.

The club can't afford to go down the "out of the box" route again. Maybe the McLaren & Corrigan appointment should have worked and had all the attributes to work, but ultimately it was a risk, a risk that failed.

The new man will have to, not only find the winning formula on the pitch (and quickly) but will also have to unite a club that's pretty fractured.

I still think, if the Exc make the right appointment, we are still good enough to put in a Play Off fight. With a fully fit squad, we should still be there or thereabouts come the end of the season but only if the right appointment is made.

2 hours ago, Ray Vaughn said:

Berwick fans just cannae stop talking bout us. Reckon they secretly fancy us.

Someone has to. But I wouldn't flatter yourself, we've spoken about Edinburgh City and Montrose more than you, in this, the topic for Stirling's biggest news in 6 years. Clearly no one gives a flying f**k about your non entities anymore.

Archived