The Cowdenbeath fc board

2 hours ago, NELLY said:

Dave I understand your position on supporting board and managerial appointments. I dont expect you to come on here and barrack the team or manager. However to suggest that if the fans had embraced further inititaves would absolve any current problems then Im sorry thats not fair. The manager has X budget of which the board have 100% went above and beyond and may I add I think so have the hardcore fans for the last god knows how many years. The position of the team and the position of this club is UNDER achieving without a shade of a doubt. To say those problems would be eradicated in your post is just plain wrong. I dont think as a club we can sustain anything close to even a league 1 club. However the bare facts are we are 2nd bottom of the bottom league with a manager who is not performing in his role he is paid to do. The players also have to step up. No more of this fans need to step up. The bloody players need too!!!  end of rant.

p.s mone the cowden.

Colin - I post on here as a fan and of course there are some areas I steer clear of.  I can post at great length on all these matters (as I often do you may say!).  However, I don't think you are being fair to me as never have I suggested that current problems would have been absolved or eradicated by those initiatives.  What I actually suggested was that Roof Fall/Supporters Council were identified and explained clearly as a key part of the building blocks we could use for overcoming the loss of stock car and championship income plus relying on directors subsidies as well as all the disadvantages we face.  If we wanted to continue punching above our weight we needed that something extra.   I believe that would have had a positive impact for the club and the fans but never suggested it would be a cure all.   

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Colin - I post on here as a fan and of course there are some areas I steer clear of.  I can post at great length on all these matters (as I often do you may say!).  However, I don't think you are being fair to me as never have I suggested that current problems would have been absolved or eradicated by those initiatives.  What I actually suggested was that Roof Fall/Supporters Council were identified and explained clearly as a key part of the building blocks we could use for overcoming the loss of stock car and championship income plus relying on directors subsidies as well as all the disadvantages we face.  If we wanted to continue punching above our weight we needed that something extra.   I believe that would have had a positive impact for the club and the fans but never suggested it would be a cure all.   

I understand where you are coming from and perhaps my post was in haste and not really read through properly however the post indicated that we wouldnt be in this position (the position meanin where we are in scottish football ie 2nd bottom of the bottom league) My point is and you will agree im sure this team and club is better than the position we are in regardless of that extra input/money you wrote about. We have punched above our weight previously and we have competed well with previous budgets whereas now we are not and Im sure our budget now is on a par if not better than say when colin cameron had us winning league 1. Maybe not however.

I think we are too quick too say jump on a managers and players back sometimes but also too quick to say well if we had more of x y and z happening in regards to supporters funding and further backing all would be much rosier. I think we have to appreciate the hardcore fans are doing their bit as is the board and we are being let down over the last 18-24 months.

Apologies if it sounded unfair dave. Very dissapointed in what is happening on the field just now to be honest.

It should really be understood that the Supporters Council isn't actually great because it is only being backed by a few guys rather than the Supporters as a body. In addition, the Supporters Council and Roof Fall were measures designed to tackle the club's sustainability and competitiveness when outwith the Championship environment and without stock car income and subsidy from Directors. If these 2 initiatives had been embraced fully then perhaps some of the current problems would not have emerged.

If more people had taken up the roof fall would you have jettisoned Nish sooner? Still find it absolutely incredible that you appointed, and then stuck by him for a whole season. Mental.

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

If more people had taken up the roof fall would you have jettisoned Nish sooner? Still find it absolutely incredible that you appointed, and then stuck by him for a whole season. Mental.

What you on about?

Nish said after relegating us that he did a good job and circumstances were against him!

If there was no trap door to fall through then yes give mr fox time but there is no safety net after 2 seasons of watching utter garbage and 2 relegations you can understand why us fans are eager to save cowden beath FC from non league football  I sure the board were not expecting to see us in a dire position as this, they must act now ,not at Xmas we need to end the hearts experiment yes paying off  a manger is expensive but non league is  even more expensive!!!!!!!  Cowden till I die

12 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

This isn't good. Is there any team in this league we can be confident of taking three points from?

I wouldn't be so concerned if I hadn't witnessed the last two seasons. We are in free fall.

When we beat Edinburgh city they had a few chances and there wasn't much in that game.

they have since signed a couple of players who have improved them.

If there was no trap door to fall through then yes give mr fox time but there is no safety net after 2 seasons of watching utter garbage and 2 relegations you can understand why us fans are eager to save cowden beath FC from non league football  I sure the board were not expecting to see us in a dire position as this, they must act now ,not at Xmas we need to end the hearts experiment yes paying off  a manger is expensive but non league is  even more expensive!!!!!!!  Cowden till I die

Nothing like having a cool head - this eagerness doesn't quite extend to participating on the Supporters Council or any real dialogue I assume

As supporters you've got to support the team during the bad times as well as the good times. It's easy to support a team when you're doing well! I'm pretty concerned as well with what's going on at the moment. I was at Montrose when we won and even though we were the better team, I was at no point confident in us taking the 3 points. We should be doing better given the squad assembled. Fox has a job on his hands for sure, as he must have thought with the players he brought in they would do a job for him. It's not happening at the moment though, so he's got to get it sorted out and quick!

1 hour ago, Blueminer said:

As supporters you've got to support the team during the bad times as well as the good times. It's easy to support a team when you're doing well! I'm pretty concerned as well with what's going on at the moment. I was at Montrose when we won and even though we were the better team, I was at no point confident in us taking the 3 points. We should be doing better given the squad assembled. Fox has a job on his hands for sure, as he must have thought with the players he brought in they would do a job for him. It's not happening at the moment though, so he's got to get it sorted out and quick!

This, we have been pretty much spoiled since 2000 or so (apart from the last 2 seasons!) long timers like you and I will remember some of the dire seasons that we had in the 1990s if there had been relegation play offs back then we could have been goners. 

The Annan game see's the end of the 1st quarter of the season which has been poor and hopefully things will turn around, apart from Forfar everyone has been taking points off each other and we are only five points away from 4th place despite results.

Problem in this league since the relegation play off coming in is everyone, probably apart from Edinburgh City, has been spending more on wages etc than they normally would to try and ensure that they avoid bottom spot.

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Looking at the 1980s the only really bad season would be 1983/4 when you finished 2 points ahead of bottom placed Albion Rovers

1980/1 3rd/14

1981/2 9th/14

1982/3 8th/14

1983/4 13th/14

1984/5 4th /14

1985/6 10th/14

1986/7 7th/14

1987/8 11th /14 but 15 points clear of bottom 2 Berwick and Stranraer

1988/9 8th/14

1989/90 9th/14

80s wern't that bad as you say apart from that season. Just bang average for the most part.

Theres no way this team would finish bottom im not even worried about that to be honest. I just think the aim was promotion and as a team we are a million miles away so if the ambition is promotion and still is promotion then act now. If the ambition now is to have an ok mediocre season with this as foxs bedding in season continuing in his role/development for next season to then go and get promotion then so be it..

Archived