Bala vs The Wasps

Wasps1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Behind the Bala goal 'The Goat Hotel' I thought that sheep were the thing down there but each to their own.

Just saw that. I was trying to count how many of the hoardings were advertising a business called Jones

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If you're watching on Virgin, hit the info button and scroll down and select 'Welsh - Stereo' and it should switch to English commentary.

Not all heroes wear capes.

I still think the changes to this competition are embarrassing, and we should be trying to distance ourselves from the pub leagues of Wales & Northern Ireland - however the prospect of watching Morton dismantle some no marks with a few beers is somewhat more appealing than Berwick at home on a Tuesday night.

Guest DAVIDB69

Okay we have three non Scottish sides left but I fail to see the benefit of these strange fixtures.

If the likes of hibs or Dundee United had been drawn here you would struggle to see how these grounds would fit in a few hundred travelling fans

Just now, DAVIDB69 said:

Okay we have three non Scottish sides left but I fail to see the benefit of these strange fixtures.

If the likes of hibs or Dundee United had been drawn here you would struggle to see how these grounds would fit in a few hundred travelling fans

You can watch the Bala game from the road behind the camera, that's where the tight Dundonian b*****ds would watch the game.

43 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

Nice wee facility down there at Bala, looks a little like five or six Scottish non-league grounds. 

2 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Basically they are non-league grounds as we'd think of them. Average attendance in the Welsh Premier League is around 300. Bala's figures since promotion are:

2009-10 ... 380
2010-11 ... 273
2011-12 ... 326
2012-13 ... 215
2013-14 ... 200
2014-15 ... 280
2015-16 ... 281

Their record domestic attendance, according to Wikipedia, is 938. In three EL campaigns they've drawn 1,247; 1,049; and 890 - all at Rhyl as their own ground is incompliant.

Archived