Bala vs The Wasps

Wasps1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cracking day in Bala. Warm welcome from the locals, terrific Alloa support and a convincing win.

Glad we showed our class, although it would have been nice to keep a clean sheet. We've lost a few soft goals recently, which is a slight concern for whoever comes in. Could have done with Goodwin in the second half.

Surprised we've taken wee Kev off again as we lose so much energy and workload from both an attacking and defensive point of view.

Robbo was MotM for me for the amount of effective work he did, especially when Bala had their good spell. And of course his goal.

Thought Kirkpatrick was quiet again, then realised he'd had assists for three of the goals.

Alloa not as good as tns says their manager

He's probably right, but he came across as a bit of a charmless chunt. 'Officials didn't do us any favours' in his half-time interview. Aye that was the reason you were three nil down.

38 minutes ago, printer said:

He's probably right, but he came across as a bit of a charmless chunt. 'Officials didn't do us any favours' in his half-time interview. Aye that was the reason you were three nil down.

That interview was pure sour grapes.

Alloa were way way the better team in that 1st half

According to the commentator there is 60-70 Alloa fans present, not bad at all

Someone said that they spoke to one of the Bala guys down their who told him over 130 Alloa fans came through the turnstiles. Not sure where he got that number from though as all fans came through the same turnstile.

The only part I actually heard of the Bala managers interview was where he said that he thought TNS were better than us but I have to give their gaffer credit as soon as our bus arrived in Wales yesterday morning their manager was walking down the street we parked in with what looked like a birthday card or something. He posted it through a letterbox down the road then walked back to shake every one of our hands, welcome us to Bala and stood and spoke with us for a good 10 minutes or so.

Thought we never really got out of second gear yesterday yet we still won comfortably, couple of cracking goals aswell.

Not long back from Wales, good little weekend that and worth the horribly early rise on the Saturday morning. 

The game was a real clash of styles. Bala were very long ball and physical, not bad in the air, but they didn't have much else. I thought that on the times we got the ball on the deck they couldn't really live with us, first half especially.

It was a great change of scenery, felt slightly surreal at times, but a really good experience overall. Even though I knew he was staying for this game, it was still strange having Jack Ross there after seeing him in a St Mirren scarf all week. His chat with the fans at the end was a neat touch though and a classy way to sign off.

The Saturday night out in Bala was okay in a couldn't-hack-this-every-week sort of way. The Scotland game did its best to ruin my mood but I was already half cut by then anyway.

Archived