Dunfermline v Queens Park - Irn Bru

Shandon Par

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brutal game. Two poor teams in the first half - if the plan was to play the first team and rattle in some goals to boost confidence then it backfired. Higginbotham was warming up on his own for about 20 minutes so I assumed he'd come on at the interval but it was Farid who came on and then scored almost straight away. I feel a bit sorry for Reilly but his runs I'm behind don't really suit our style of play and he made some decent runs again today with no reward. After sitting with 10 men behind the ball the goal made Queens come out a bit more and they were looking likely to equalise until we got a second. We then switched off for a bit and when they got one back it looked like maybe the comeback was on and extra time loomed but we probably did enough to win in the end. A really rotten game though. 

Thought we did reasonably well in all areas of the pitch barring the obvious. First half hour both teams were even but as the half drew to a close the Pars movement up front was miles ahead and starting to stretch us. El Alagui's introduction was the game changer and he seemed different class to all the other players. In fact he was so good he obviously felt he could teach the QP strikers how to play as well as his teammates. 

As comfy as it was, if the linesman had shown any interest in the game then our 'goal' from Miller's corner, Woods' penalty claim or a better choice from Liam Brown, who made a positive change going forward, when deciding between Miler or Malone could have dragged it to extra time. But the better team won, no question. And those heading to Hampden had a bit less stress.

Enjoyed the day out. Impressed with the set-up and facilities at EEP. Liked the way your fans applauded players at the warm up, including QP players. Good luck for the rest of the cup. 

13 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Shite game but job done. Hope the guy who needed assistance in the norrie is ok.

That was my old man. He's recovering well after fainting and hitting his head off the concrete. 

16 hours ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Total non event.
Hopefully get an away game to Wales or Ireland in next round.

I don't think there will be any Northern Irish teams left in the draw, unless Queen of the South majorly f**k up.

A wee trip away to TNS would be immense though.

Why is the draw tomorrow and not after the game today? Anyone know?

I was quite disappinted by the way we played in the first half.  Nobody really expected us to get this far in the tournament so why not be a bit bolder? We only started being more positive when we went behind. First goal was poorly defended, somebody seemed to duck out of heading the ball before it was smacked home.  Miller’s corner looked just over from where I was but there were a few bodies on or behind the line so maybe the linesman’s view was blocked. Brady should have done better with a chance that - to be fair - he made himself. Should have cut it back rather than try to score from a tight angle.  Muir was poor at their second but he did make a lot of good saves. Brown looked lively when he came on, just chose the wrong option on a couple of occasions when he could have fed in Malone and then Miller. Once again we were better up front when Malone came on. Really not seeing what Fotheringham offers, every pass he made was backwards or square. Don’t think he’s any better than McVey. Hopefully McKernon is back fit soon

Ended up in Legends bar pre-game. Nice wee set up in there, decent pints and grub ( stovies!!).

Archived