Flu Jag

Romeo

Have you had the flu jag this year.  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

The first time I got the jag I felt utter shit for a couple of days. Not since then though.

I get it because apparently I could die if I get flu. Blocked artery. I'm not allowed to give blood either in case the top in pressure gives me a heart attack.

You always go on about pensions, don't you? Doesn't seem much point really.

49 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Don't bother with it. The vaccine is made up months in advance and they have to guess what type of strain they think will hit this year.

Last year they got it wrong so the flu jag was totally pointless.

It's the cure for three strains that's in each jab (apparently that's the max the body can take in & learn enough to be able to combat to be of any use) so they've got a good chance of at least stopping one. The ones that are chosen are the ones they reckon most likely to cause a pandemic.

Last year as you say none of the three picked did the rounds in this country so it was a waste of time - but that's the Bully gamble.

11 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Don't bother with it. The vaccine is made up months in advance and they have to guess what type of strain they think will hit this year.

Last year they got it wrong so the flu jag was totally pointless.

I'm curious, do you apply this logic to any medication that's not 100% effective?

13 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You always go on about pensions, don't you? Doesn't seem much point really.

The pension might not be for me. The wife and bairn will need it once I pop my clogs.

If by some fluke I manage to last another 6 years, I can start drawing it.

Working in health care I get offered and take the flu jag every year. I hear some amount of unfounded shite about the flu jag, but what to the P&B doctors think?

I get it as I work in health and have Asthma. I've never had any bother with it. Taken my wee one for her nasal spray as well.

However, I had a tyrant manager years ago who threatened us all with disciplinary action if we phoned in sick with the flu but didn't have our immunisation. I always meant to ask our union rep how he'd get on with that.

2 hours ago, The_Craig said:

However, I had a tyrant manager years ago who threatened us all with disciplinary action if we phoned in sick with the flu but didn't have our immunisation. I always meant to ask our union rep how he'd get on with that.

The manager wouldn't have had a leg to stand on - immunisation is no guarantee of avoiding catching it, merely of reducing the severity if it does kick in.

Archived