Churchill

John Lambies Doos

Not all English people are racist obviously,  it is quite a racist country though,  much more so than Scotland.   That's obvious from voting trends and English msm.   It'suundeniably quite a racist country. And that's on the rise as evidenced by ukip, brexit,   rise in racist attacks and the current tory government. 

It is a complete myth that Scotland is not a racist as England.

In my experience I've heard some real racist shite from folk walking along the street here is Dundee - and will be no different in other Scottish towns and cities.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking about Attlee, and the Labour Government of 45-51, jmo did touch on it a bit but although we do, rightly, look back on their undoubted achievements it's worth reading about the decimation of our rapidly decreasing colonial possessions to fund national projects like the NHS.

Countries do have characteristics relative to the world, it's the labelling of everyone in a country that displays clear xenophobia.

For example, if someone was to say that Scotland doesn't have the healthiest collective lifestyle in the planet, or on this island even, they'd unfortunately be right. 

1a) Scotland is a more unhealthy nation than England.

1b) The Scots are all a bunch of deep fried Mars bar eating alcoholics.

2a) Scotland is less racist than England.

2b) The English are a vile nation of racists.

The a's are fine to me, the b's clearly wrong. 

A filthy nation!! Does that include 3/4 Million Scots who have chosen to live and work down south? One of the most backward posts I've ever read on here, and that takes some doing. The very worst of Scottish Nationalism, a spiteful hatred that knows no bounds.

A country built on greed and murder, rule britannia [emoji17]

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Well my grandad was from Sarf Lahndon so it's inevitable that I'm a bit of a c**t. It's in the old genes innit mate

He wasn't even a fackin'  Cockney cant...

8 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Thanks. I forgive you

Wrapping people up in overly broad generalisations is a flaw we all exhibit from time to time.

Bit of a generalisation, IMHO.

You only need look at the most read newspapers in England,  the voting patterns,  the home secretary wanting lists of foreigners and the prime minister wanting foreign doctors replaced with home grown ones to realise there is a large dose of racism influencing politics down south. 

Whether this is due to a geographically small and densely populated country undergoing large scale immigration,  or a post colonial hangover or a response to rising Scottish and Welsh nationalism even irish is open to debate.

At doesn't mean all English people are racists obviously most aren't,  but racism is a significant factor in their political discourse in a way it isn't here.

Says a raging britnat,.  First of all you've never looked at any stats and just made that up,  second if you were to look at the stats for all western countries they'd all be quite similar.  

That doesn't mean we should all be governed from London. 

It is also undeniable racism is influencing their politics far more than ours.    Contrast the 40% rise in racially motivated attacks in England with the 15% drop in Scotland and he rhetoric from the tory party conference with the snp one,  xenophobia in one inclusiveness I  the other. 

Britnat just can't handle Scotland not being exactly the same as England,  it's funny how much they're flapping.

The Social Attitudes Survey is conducted by home interview. I'll read more into how millions of people act in the privacy of the voting booth, than what 3000 folk tell the nice lady at the door.

Britain is now the bumpkin thicko of Europe. Hungary are punching well above their weight as well tbf.

Pretty much anyone living in Scotland who looks at the politics of the UK and then says, "but I *want* Scotland to be governed from London" should have a word with themselves. For that matter, they should seriously try and imagine a Canadian saying, "but I *want* Canada to be governed from Washington DC", and then accept the ludicrousness of their ideal situation for their own country. And if they still demand Scotland should not have its sovereign parliament Scotland, then they should hammer a nail into their face.

3 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Not all English people are racist obviously,  it is quite a racist country though,  much more so than Scotland.   That's obvious from voting trends and English msm.   It'suundeniably quite a racist country. And that's on the rise as evidenced by ukip, brexit,   rise in racist attacks and the current tory government. 

:blink:

18 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Says a raging britnat,.  First of all you've never looked at any stats and just made that up,  second if you were to look at the stats for all western countries they'd all be quite similar.  

That doesn't mean we should all be governed from London. 

It is also undeniable racism is influencing their politics far more than ours.    Contrast the 40% rise in racially motivated attacks in England with the 15% drop in Scotland and he rhetoric from the tory party conference with the snp one,  xenophobia in one inclusiveness I  the other. 

Britnat just can't handle Scotland not being exactly the same as England,  it's funny how much they're flapping.

How many racially motivated crimes are there per head of ethnic minority populations in each country would be a more meaningful statistic.

1 minute ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Why not just use Quebec instead of some spurious arguments about America?

Because Quebec isn't and never has been a nation. Perhaps you don't see Scotland as one either, which would explain a lot.

Archived