Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

He also dissed Sega's hardware, which is ludicrous. The dreamcast should have been a monumental success.

The dreamcast is one of the saddest tales. Fantastic machine just under supported

25 hours into Zelda, it's exceeded expectations.  I've probably uncovered just over half the map but haven't been everywhere that is uncovered.  In terms of the main quest I must be 1/4 through.  I still think it's the best open world game I've played alongside GTA V.

I've played 90% of that in handheld mode, but when I docked it to use the telly last night I was getting connection problems with the left joycon again - sometimes it would disconnect and other times there was a lot of input lag.  The difference between a good experience or not was sitting a few inches closer to the telly/dock.  The joycon signal must be really weak, because I'm not far away in a small room as it is.

Jim Sterling's site has only just come back up today after getting DDoS'd all over the place.  

The reason?  He gave Zelda a 7/10.  Actual, real people getting upset because someone doesn't like a game they like.  What a time to be alive. 

Is it not a really large explosive?  Like with a wee comedy fuse coming out of it and shit? 

I know what it is, I used to listen to the podcast but found it overly long and preferred others.  Was more referring to you bringing them up in most posts.  

He gave Zelda a 7/10.  Actual, real people getting upset because someone doesn't like a game they like.  What a time to be alive. 

That's the rather ironic thing though, he did like it hence the 7/10.

3 minutes ago, Islay said:

That's the rather ironic thing though, he did like it hence the 7/10.

Yeah, totally.  I wanted to read the review (hadn't before I heard about all the controversy) and it's actually very positive.  He lists more positive than negative, but is pretty fair with the bad, pretty much putting them all down to annoyances all adding up than anything else.

Just baffling to me the reaction to something that matters so little.  

I know what it is, I used to listen to the podcast but found it overly long and preferred others.  Was more referring to you bringing them up in most posts.  

Not sure why me bringing giant bomb up is such a trigger for you but i trust their judgement on games related media, for the record they were hugely impressed with Zelda but think the Switch is generally lacking at present.

Yeah, totally.  I wanted to read the review (hadn't before I heard about all the controversy) and it's actually very positive.  He lists more positive than negative, but is pretty fair with the bad, pretty much putting them all down to annoyances all adding up than anything else.
Just baffling to me the reaction to something that matters so little.  

You are on a forum which largely deals with the subject of grown men running around trying to outdo each others ability to control a small spherical object and you are baffled that people react to things which matter so little?????

Peoples opinions on videogames are just as worthy rush their opinion on a football team, moreso because a larger time and money investment is involved. I don't give a crap about crufts but there are people in the world who crufts really matters too.

6 minutes ago, Ramagamma said:

You are on a forum which largely deals with the subject of grown men running around trying to outdo each others ability to control a small spherical object and you are baffled that people react to things which matter so little?????

Peoples opinions on videogames are just as worthy rush their opinion on a football team, moreso because a larger time and money investment is involved. I don't give a crap about crufts but there are people in the world who crufts really matters too.

Aye, they're totally the same thing.  I forgot about when some wee virgins brought Pie and Bovril down because someone said their team was good but not excellent.  

Having a reaction is fine - that much is obvious - but the degree of the reaction is ridiculous in this case.  Some genuinely seemed upset that this particular review meant that the average on metacritic went from 98 to 97.  And not just "oh that's pish" upset, as in death threats and DDoS upset.  

16 minutes ago, Ramagamma said:

Not sure why me bringing giant bomb up is such a trigger for you but i trust their judgement on games related media, for the record they were hugely impressed with Zelda but think the Switch is generally lacking at present.

Triggered :lol:  Oh the irony.

People beat the shit out of each other in this country depending on whether they follow a blue or green football team. We are an angry violent species when it comes to self expression. This honestly shouldn't be a surprise to you once you've been online for more than about 2 hours. People get mad.

On Zelda, how do you view a shrine map once you are in a shrine?

I went into one (divine beast) and downloaded the map for it but can't seem to find out how I view the bloody thing and I need to view it in order to complete the shrine if that makes any sense?

Eta - ignore. Iv worked it out finally

Edited by DavidMcG

Why? What's so bad about that? What would be more acceptable in your eyes?

Between that, calling people cucks and throwing the triggered term about just suggests you have really strong opinions on Anita Sarkeesian.