Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

And you've spent the thread telling people how childish they are for liking something you don't.  You've addressed people as cucks, accused them of lacking reason or logic, labelled them (or at least one) "fucktards", advised that they're mentally deficient...that was just on one page.  
So is it up to you and not me?  I'd just like to make sure I know the hierarchy.

Actually it was "fuckstick" a word used liberally in the opening of Ghost Recon. See, referential.

1 minute ago, Ramagamma said:

Actually it was "fuckstick" a word used liberally in the opening of Ghost Recon. See, referential.

Was it, aye?

On 3/3/2017 at 13:37, Ramagamma said:

Do you know why this is? Ill tell you, its because Nintendo knows there are legions of fucktards like you desperate to give them money regardless of what's on offer. They are literally laughing at you with one eye on the bank statement.

Oops.  All in all, a dreadful deflection from you being absolutely seething over something ridiculous.  Carry on though.

Oops.  All in all, a dreadful deflection from you being absolutely seething over something ridiculous.  Carry on though.

Gladly will. I'll happily keep this thread updated with any relevant Switch news.

Zelda is getting good reviews.

Right thats my work for the next 6 months done.

Glad to see someone thinks the switch is awful and really hopes  it fails :1eye! What the gaming world really needs though, is another console with fifa 18, cod black ops 4 and gta 6 not something that might be slightly different or original in anyway....

Have just got my switch and it's smaller than i'd imagined but easy to use and get used to, like it so far. Starting zelda and looking forward to some of the other games when they come out.

1 hour ago, Ramagamma said:

I'm passionate about videogames and think the switch is a joke of a console. Id like to see it fail and think if it does it woll benefit games in the long term much like when sega stopped making hardware.

Sega bailed out when Sony came on to the scene.  If Nintendo left, there would only be Sony, Microsoft and then the PC/Mac for non-mobile games.  I can't see any major hardware company entering the market in Nintendo's absence. I don't see lessening the competition as a good thing in the long term - I want them all to succeed.

I can see the appeal to some of Nintendo's hardware sales failing again, because maybe they'd only go software-only, like Sega.  Sega's output completely withered as a result of that, I'd hate for that to happen to Nintendo.  Plus, Nintendo are at their best when fusing their innovation between software and hardware.  If they were software-only as a third-party publisher then I think they would get stuck in a rut, even more than they had done so with say Zelda for the last few decades (thankfully the new one is a huge leap forward for them).

10 hours ago, Ramagamma said:

Mostly Yakuza Zero and Titanfall 2 at the moment, got Horizon next on the rental list and pre ordered Persona 5 for April 4th release.

On 3/8/2017 at 13:25, Ramagamma said:

Dont get me wrong 1 to 3 were great but the minute someone is invested enough in a series to pre order things then I don't think you can trust them as a serious source of opinions.

That's just me though, i would never pre order a videogame, its just not good business.

jwdrp.gif

Even if the switch 'fails' nintendo will be going nowhere as a hardware system. The wii was the most successful console ever maybe in terms of sales?

The 3ds has sold over 65 million consoles! Just let that sink in. 65 million! Hardly a company that will be struggling. In fact the 3ds has almost outsold PS4 and XBOX one combined! Yes it's a portable with a lower price point but to suggest that Nintendo are anywhere close to being done with hardware is laughable. They know their market/target audience and they are very good at catering to it.

2 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

Even if the switch 'fails' nintendo will be going nowhere as a hardware system. The wii was the most successful console ever maybe in terms of sales?

The 3ds has sold over 65 million consoles! Just let that sink in. 65 million! Hardly a company that will be struggling. In fact the 3ds has almost outsold PS4 and XBOX one combined! Yes it's a portable with a lower price point but to suggest that Nintendo are anywhere close to being done with hardware is laughable. They know their market/target audience and they are very good at catering to it.

That's an incredibly optimistic post though, the Wii was Nintendos only really successful home console in the last 27 years. They're by no means comfortable as a hardware manufacturer as demonstrated by their venture into smart phone games. 

I'd like the Switch to be a success as I do like my handheld gaming but I just can't see it, it is overpriced and underpowered. The PS Vita is a much better handheld than the 3DS and it has mostly been ignored, smart phones are definitely killing off hand held consoles.

1 hour ago, Tommy Nooka said:

That's an incredibly optimistic post though, the Wii was Nintendos only really successful home console in the last 27 years. They're by no means comfortable as a hardware manufacturer as demonstrated by their venture into smart phone games. 

I'd like the Switch to be a success as I do like my handheld gaming but I just can't see it, it is overpriced and underpowered. The PS Vita is a much better handheld than the 3DS and it has mostly been ignored, smart phones are definitely killing off hand held consoles.

SNES and N64 were pretty successful despite competition from the mega drive and playstation. SNES sold 49million and N64 sold more than 32 million which is a hell of a lot more than Xbox one and that's in a significantly lower gaming population. Nintendo have always been king of the handhelds, From Gameboy through to 3DS they have almost 420 million handheld hardware sales. Further 283 million in home consoles not including switch. I think they'll be alright. Phones are catching up though, people still like buttons though as well as touch screen

Of all the forums on pie and bovril this is the one I thought would never have a meltdown. I can see why folk get emotionally involved in a football team but a video game console? Next he'll be berating people over what hoover or dishwasher they use.