GMFC v AUFC

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would go with the same starting eleven as last week. McCall may be tempted to start with Nisbet but I would stick with Forrest. We now have good options on the bench with McGuffie, Adams, Nisbet and Donald. Ayr to keep the good run going with a narrow victory.

2-1 Harkins and Forrest. 

Pay back for the injury time robbery a couple of seasons ago.

I'm a fan of Forrest but I really think Nisbet is more potent up top. He looks strong, quick and has a good shot on him.

He can make a difference I believe.

Nisbet is a funny player, sometimes he comes on and looks electric whereas other weeks I've seen him barely make an attempt at winning a header against the defender. Even at Falkirk he was really quiet first half and then burst into life for half an hour towards the end of the game.

Good to see we are getting some of our injured players back to fitness. Tidser, Lamie, Kilday back in contention, although I thought Gunning seemed to struggle near the end of Saturday's game after his recent injury.

Only long term injured Pepper who remains sidelined. What's happening there anyone know? Thought he was back in light training a few weeks ago?  

1 hour ago, RMcD__ said:

I'd play the same team that started the second half against QOS, keep Forrest and Nisbet and just drop Crawford (not that he has done anything to deserve to be dropped)

Id drop Cairney tbh.  

10 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I'd agree. I know he scored a belter last Saturday, but I actually thought he looked heavier than ever.

From what I understand Cairney suffers from Crohn's disease and this has an effect on his stature. I don't think it plays much on his game when he's in centre mid and can dictate the play. He's the best passer of the ball we have and is most definitely our best goal threat from midfield. Same team that started the second half for me.

37 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I'd agree. I know he scored a belter last Saturday, but I actually thought he looked heavier than ever.

I was critical of his fitness at the start of the season, can't say I've noticed him struggling too much for pace in recent weeks, similarly Harkins hasn't strolled about much since I ranted about him at the same time, overall I'm quite happy with the team that started the 2nd half on Saturday but  I still think we need another 2 good signings to cement our position in midtable mediocrity or better.

It's not even close at the moment, Nisbet should be getting a run of starts.

And that is the key...he needs to be a starter for at least a good 6/7 games, even if he is quiet on Saturday.

The Partick fans rate him highly and I can understand why.

Just now, itzdrk said:

He had to hold on to some boy in the middle of the park on Saturday.

He couldn't get near enough to hold them at the start of the season.

Is it just me, or should we not do exactly the same at Morton as we did against Queens?

Hold the game at 0-0 for first half and go for it second half?

I'll be controversial and say exact same starting 11 on Saturday and same changes would suit me

Is it just me, or should we not do exactly the same at Morton as we did against Queens?

Hold the game at 0-0 for first half and go for it second half?

I'll be controversial and say exact same starting 11 on Saturday and same changes would suit me

Do you honestly think that was the game plan...I doubt it...I think it was changed at half time because Queens were on top most of the first 45.

At home and full of confidence against a team going thru a bad spell I dont think a manager would set his team out to hold the game to 0-0 for first 45...risky business if he did.

First half his starting line up didnt work...so he changed it...

Archived