GMFC v AUFC

That was a good foul, he lost the ball and was never catching him. Danger averted.

Aye i wildly applauded it at the time. But he did it because he was done for pace.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Is it just me, or should we not do exactly the same at Morton as we did against Queens?

Hold the game at 0-0 for first half and go for it second half?

I'll be controversial and say exact same starting 11 on Saturday and same changes would suit me

I dont think that is the plan.  Hoping and praying the other team dont score would be much more defensive than we are at present. 

Forrest has scored 7-8 already this season, I don't think the problem is he isn't playing well, hes just been isolated a fair bit. On Saturday we played high balls to him and Harkins as an out ball, Nesbit won more when he came on and held the ball up with more success. Its a difficult situation at the moment, we are performing better than I think a lot of people thought, so from that point of view, Forrest on his own has worked but I feel that we could be doing even better with a third player beside Harkins and Forrest.

Without Adams we are quite a small team going forward so I would give him the nod over Cairney. Doc, Adams and Cairney in the middle would possibly be the dirtiest midfield in Ayr United history

Do ayr still feel themselves as being relegation contenders?

At the start of the season I would've have felt lucky to finish 9th. After the first 3 games I would've felt lucky to get into double figures for points. After this run combined with players finding form and gelling together my heart tells me we could finish around 6th. My head however tells me we'll finish 7th or 8th. Don't think we'll get relegated though, the squad is far too strong for that. You could argue Dunfermlines squad is too strong for relegation but AJ seems to have been found out this season.

Do ayr still feel themselves as being relegation contenders?

We will get pulled back in eventually whether seriously involved or as the target in 8th im not sure. Decent points on the board early, if we win on Saturday and Dunfermline & Dumbarton draw things look great.

30 minutes ago, Cowshed118 said:

Pumped 2-1 aye

2-1 going on 5-0. You were terrible that day.

How many fans would we need to bring for the Wee Dublin End to be open? Really don't want to spend my Saturday afternoon in that stand with no legroom. 

Whilst Ayr appear to be better than most people thought, if we play as we have the last 2 games we should be able to win this one.  Follow up with a win over the skunks and it will have been a fairly good month for us.  However this is Morton so you never know what you are going to get.

Nice to see two sets of fans going into this with confidence, should hopefully be a gd game.

We have improved greatly since early on in the season and  a big part of that is the quality and depth of the spine of the team. We have most of our injured players back in contention so we should be looking for 3 points and I think we will get them.

Nice to see two sets of fans going into this with confidence, should hopefully be a gd game.

We have improved greatly since early on in the season and  a big part of that is the quality and depth of the spine of the team. We have most of our injured players back in contention so we should be looking for 3 points and I think we will get them.

Same for us

Archived