GMFC v AUFC

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Tonsilitis said:

For Ayr fans, pay at the gate on Saturday is £18, concession £15 

3 minutes ago, GiGi said:

You ignoring the previous post? Are Morton really more expensive than say, St Mirren, Hibs, Dundee Utd, Raith Rovers?

Do any of you go to any away games in that case?

Morton might want to update their website in that case.

Those prices are a bit more reasonable, yes, however the attitude of some fans when others point out that Scottish football is in general overpriced is bizarre.

And it's not being a tight wad in pointing that out, if I'd decided I wanted to go to a game it would probably have to be something absolutely absurd to put me off going, but in general setting the price at that sort of level for those with no or very little income is unreasonable.

All football is overpriced in the UK

But, there is a choice here.

Pay the money and support the team, the clubs and try to put as much needed money into football as possible.

Or

Don't pay the money, watch crowds dwindle, income drop and clubs eventually go to the wall or standards drop to dire proportions.

Point 1.

There are too many clubs now for the willing, paying support that is available.

Point 2.

No one really wants any clubs to go to the wall. All fans want their clubs to have better facilities and better players. All this but folk won't pay to go! It doesn't fit.

Something has to give!

Just now, Cowshed118 said:

Pay £20 or fuckoff, previous posts hoping for WDE to be open for you and now your not going because our prices are a couple of quid more expensive than yours.

Charming. What an angry little man.

Paying anything above 15 quid to watch championship football is too much imo but at the end of the day it's the going rate and prices are similar throughout the league. No point moaning about it in here as it will change nothing. 

Paying anything above 15 quid to watch championship football is too much imo but at the end of the day it's the going rate and prices are similar throughout the league. No point moaning about it in here as it will change nothing. 

No point moaning?

On a football forum?

Surely that is one of the purposes of a football forum. If no-one moans then clubs (ayr are overpriced too imo but it's a matter of degrees) will be more likely to raise prices further.

9 hours ago, Wren Road said:

What problem? Don't go, problem solved? Don't see an issue here. Can you tell me why you have a problem with the entry fee? And don't cite 3 quid extra from some other tin pot club. The floor is yours

You must be in the 4.54% of fans who believe Scottish Senior Football is Good Value, and the problems are myriad.

I havn't been to an away game this season and have saved in the region of £250.00 already.  OK I've missed us winning at Easter Road, but I have enjoyed Spaghetti Vongole with a glass of Bardolino Classico on the shores of Lake Garda, with the savings so far.

If we got that area if the coo shed then I'd probably go. However £20 to constantly get my knees scratched or stand out in the potential pishing rain isn't attractive. At least at Somerset you have the option of seating, covered and uncovered terrace.

2 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Under 12s get in free when accompanied by an adult at Scapa.

Fairly sure I had to fork out for my boy on my last trip to Somerset, and there wasn't even a P&C gate.

How old? u16s £5.

We did have one last season, but it seems to have been scrapped this year. £20 for P&C would have been ideal IMO.

The concession only being £3 cheaper than a full adult for me is bizzare. I'm assuming by the bitchiness this isn't the first time this subject has been raised?

14 hours ago, Tonsilitis said:

For Ayr fans, pay at the gate on Saturday is £18, concession £15 

Have the club now decided to discard the £2 levy for those not buying in advance that was proposed at the start of the season, but hadn't been implemented yet?  We're now three months into the season and after Tuesday that'll be a third of our home games gone.

If so, why? And if not, is there any timescale for this? As far as I was led to believe, it was mere teething problems ahead of the Falkirk game in August that meant it would be postponed. Since then, we've heard nothing of this.

I won't pretend to read too many of the Ayr match threads, but rather than making a protest about the price of Championship football across the board, would it be wrong of me to suggest that eez-eh is choosing to complain about one particular club or stadium he doesn't like?

Archived