tbsouth

Wonderful to see the Scum that is MK Cons heading down the slippery slope to oblivion......Winkleman and fat man Robinson a pair of c***s made for each other....meanwhile Afc Wimbledon go from strength to strength.....pleasing times indeed!! :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/10/2016 at 09:57, tbsouth said:

Wonderful to see the Scum that is MK Cons heading down the slippery slope to oblivion......Winkleman and fat man Robinson a pair of c***s made for each other....meanwhile Afc Wimbledon go from strength to strength.....pleasing times indeed!! :)

Indeed but the times would be even more pleasing if real Dons hadn't dropped points against lowly Swindon, Coventry and Shrewsbury recently. 

It's pleasing to see ex-Jag Lyle Taylor do well at Kingsmeadow. If only we could have kept him at Firhill! 

2 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

are MK Dongs going bust, or something?

We can but hope! 

I am as much tainted with my dislike for this franchise club as I am for Livingston who did the same thing to Meadowbank Thistle. I personally love the fact that AFC Wimbledon have not only got to the same league as them, having restarted in the park leagues of the Combined Counties but they are doing it right, trying to get back to Merton or at the least SW19 and the club that bought their place in the league continues to drop.

As an AFC Wimbledon regular, this season has been somewhat surreal. We had a horrendous start to the season but in the last few weeks we have gone unbeaten and the team is showing the form that got us promoted via the L2 play-offs last season. Yo cap it all the Franchise look like imploding and have sacked Robinson despite having the third highest budget in L1 apparently.

The main thing for AFC Wimbledon is that the new stadium has had the green light despite earlier delays and set-backs and we should be back playing in Wimbledon for the start of season 2019/20.

14 minutes ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

As an AFC Wimbledon regular, this season has been somewhat surreal. We had a horrendous start to the season but in the last few weeks we have gone unbeaten and the team is showing the form that got us promoted via the L2 play-offs last season. Yo cap it all the Franchise look like imploding and have sacked Robinson despite having the third highest budget in L1 apparently.

The main thing for AFC Wimbledon is that the new stadium has had the green light despite earlier delays and set-backs and we should be back playing in Wimbledon for the start of season 2019/20.

I used to go down to Kingsmeadow occasionally,

Still a good atmosphere down there?

3 minutes ago, Girth said:

I used to go down to Kingsmeadow occasionally,

Still a good atmosphere down there?

Aye, it's still fairly good. I've supported Wimbledon since the 80's and it's been much better as AFCW than most of the last few years at Selhurst with WFC. 

The ground is not really conjucive to watching League football though as the views from the terrace opposite the main stand is rubbish. (as you probably know) The best atmosphere was the early days of non-league from 2002-6 IMO.

The club is going to try and make the atmosphere at the new Plough Lane site as good as possible and hopefully there will be provision for safe standing if possible. 

Aye, it's still fairly good. I've supported Wimbledon since the 80's and it's been much better as AFCW than most of the last few years at Selhurst with WFC. 

The ground is not really conjucive to watching League football though as the views from the terrace opposite the main stand is rubbish. (as you probably know) The best atmosphere was the early days of non-league from 2002-6 IMO.

The club is going to try and make the atmosphere at the new Plough Lane site as good as possible and hopefully there will be provision for safe standing if possible. 

Are the Greyhounds being booted into touch by the redevelopment?

On 25/10/2016 at 23:08, MacGafraidh said:

We can but hope! 

I am as much tainted with my dislike for this franchise club as I am for Livingston who did the same thing to Meadowbank Thistle. I personally love the fact that AFC Wimbledon have not only got to the same league as them, having restarted in the park leagues of the Combined Counties but they are doing it right, trying to get back to Merton or at the least SW19 and the club that bought their place in the league continues to drop.

This. I have a similar dislike for the new "Airdrieonians" who stuffed Clydebank.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26 October 2016 at 22:15, H Wragg said:

Are the Greyhounds being booted into touch by the redevelopment?

Yes, both the greyhounds and stock cars have been given notice. Site clearance begins next March and AFC Wimbledon will be in the new stadium for the start of 2018/9.

3 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Have they both got new homes to go to?

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Greyhound racing hasn't, certainly. I was reading about it when AFC Wimbledon's planning permission was announced - and apparently when it shuts to be rebuilt that will be the last ever greyhound race held in London.

No. Greyhound racing is on its arse in Wimbleon (and elsewhere) and the stadium is falling into disrepair with attendances very small in recent times. The site was designated for sporting intensification in the London local plan and that's why the current owner has partnered up with AFC Wimbledon to get housing and a stadium on the footprint. Stock car racing (which will also go) is a very niche activity with its own problems concerning noise pollution and emission issues. I hear that they have another potential site where they can move to, but not sure.

As to whether it will be the last greyhound race in London, that depends on your defenition. Ther is still greyhound racing at Romford which has a London postcode but to all intents is Essex. 

Archived