tbsouth

So was Fox hunting which is now banned. Greyhound racing is in major decline in this country and is already banned in some states in Australia. 

The NSW Government did a back flip and the ban is not going ahead. The ACT ban will come into force next year but will probably be subject to a High Court challenge before then.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume Chelsea want to buy the ground to use it for their ladies team and Under 23's, who currently play their games in Staines some 15 miles from Staford Bridge. Kingsmeadow is about 7 miles away. Would be nice if Chelsea would show Kingstonian the same sort of consideration the AFC Wimbledon have done and allow them to stay but this is a PL side we are talking about and they have zero interest in protection the grass roots. Its still currently on my 92 to do list and will try and get there before AFC vacate, otherwise it will have to be Chelsea Ladies v Sunderland Ladies.

Only Kingsmeadow and the Hive (Barnet) still to do in Greater London now.

5 hours ago, Roker Rover said:

I assume Chelsea want to buy the ground to use it for their ladies team and Under 23's, who currently play their games in Staines some 15 miles from Staford Bridge. Kingsmeadow is about 7 miles away. Would be nice if Chelsea would show Kingstonian the same sort of consideration the AFC Wimbledon have done and allow them to stay but this is a PL side we are talking about and they have zero interest in protection the grass roots. Its still currently on my 92 to do list and will try and get there before AFC vacate, otherwise it will have to be Chelsea Ladies v Sunderland Ladies.

Chelsea Ladies and U23s share Wheatsheaf Park  with Staines Town so they're presumably capable of sharing Kingsmeadow with  Kingstonians at least in the short to medium term.

8 hours ago, Roker Rover said:

Chelsea obviously want more exclusive access to a small ground suitable for teams outwith the first 11. I don't think they're the bad guys here, they have rented and are now buying from lower division clubs who all seem to be making from it. Kingstonian will benefit from the cash and 1st call on their new ground as they need to play on Monday nights quite often. The damage to them was done long before Wimbledon or Chelsea appeared.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived