Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Heart of Midlothian, 29/10/2016

If we do that, and I'm not against it in theory, I don't think we can accommodate Walker, Djoum and Watt.  

Djoum to me should play every game in the attacking central midfield position he played at Motherwell and second half against Dundee.  Walker is our most likely player to produce a goal out of nothing.  That means leaving Watt out for me, playing Walker as a ten and one of Jonsson or Sammon as a main striker.  Unless Watt is told to play right up.

I thought that also, yet after Wednesday's performance I'll just be happy with having some players floating about the attacking central position than none at all.

Usually we play well if just one of Watt, Walker and Djoum are firing in thar position but none of them are in any form at the moment.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I really think going three at the back is the way to go for us right now.

We only seem to pass the ball at the back, so getting Ozturk and Souttar supplying the ball with Rossi covering.

We have a lack of width up top with Nicholson out and Walker playing more central these days, so pushing Paterson and Rherras (dare we do it, Oshinawa) further would give us that, with three at the back gives extra security for cover. Also it allows us to keep Djoum or Cowie in the middle rather losing either out right, whilst keeping two up top.

I always think that, when your struggling in terms of wingers, a decent solution is to go 3-5-2, and get your wing backs forward - that would also mean you could accommodate Cowie, Kitchen, and Djoum in midfield without punting Djoum or Cowie wide.

As Amusing Pseudonym says, though, where does that leave Walker? I liked Walker in an advanced role with Juanma against Aberdeen last season, and Jefferies used to manage to fit Alan Johnston into a 3-5-2 somehow.

My dream formation is 3-4-3, but that's probably suicide. :lol:

The main thing is that I can't see our management going with a back three - you never know, though.

Folk are saying big Bjorn could be starting tomorrow.

Need to see a good performance tomorrow after a shiftless shift at Killie.

Six goal thriller.

We need to defend a lot better, obviously.

Need to play a lot better than we are at the moment - Cowie does well to play in Johnsen for his goal, but gets caught on the ball for Doran's goal - shouldn't happen to a player of his experience.

Sounds like we got a break with Rherras's cross going straight in.

Couple of shaky moments from Hamilton too.

Digging out a draw after being two goals down after half an hour away from home isn't bad.

Once again, silly errors have cost us. Just frustrating, but as you say at least we got something, as our record up here is poor.

Another positive is that Johnsen got his goal after his shocker against Killie, some will say Neilson called it right in Dropping watt and Sammon but really it was the only call to make and he probably should've changed it up sooner.

Archived