Under 21's

sergie's no1 fan

I saw people gettingon the trains at central as I was coming back from work and was sorely tempted. I should of gone really! After all it was either that or posting pish on this forum all night! :lol:

Oh, and 1-1, Lizzari got an equaliser. :(

What a game that was! :o

We probably deserved to win tonight against what was a typical Italian side <_<

The opener came just before half time, when Zander Diamond rose above everyone at the back post to head into the far corner (at this point, I cracked my head off the pilars holding the East Stand roof at Fir Park up - it hurt a little).

Italy's equaliser was pretty poorly defended to be honest, although that's all I can remember of it :lol:

We re-gained the lead when the impressive Mark Wilson picked out paul Gallacher with a cracking pass, and the Blackburn man fired past the keeper from 15 yards. Very good finish from someone who I'd have taken off moments before.

Then the drama started. Italy equalised for the second time (the marking from the set-piece was shambolic, and the attacker had a free header). As Marshall went to collect the ball, an Italian player tried to 'hurry things up' by taking the ball themselves. He must have said something, or did something to Marshall, as the Scotland number 1 decided to land a cracking right hook on his opponent. The referee had no option but to send Marshall off, although the Italian player could feel a little hard done to. :unsure:

Italy's second red card came with 3 minutes to go, when their player caught Scotty Brown with a horrendous stamp around hip level. How it wasn't a straight red I'll never know :angry:

Well worth going to see, and probably the best £5 I've spent in ages. The only disappointments were missing the first 5 minutes thanks to the huge crowd that turned up, Kirky not getting on (I'll blame Marshall for that) and being chatted up by three local nedettes that were quite clearly jailbait - must be a local thing :lol:

What a game that was! :o

We probably deserved to win tonight against what was a typical Italian side <_<

The opener came just before half time, when Zander Diamond rose above everyone at the back post to head into the far corner (at this point, I cracked my head off the pilars holding the East Stand roof at Fir Park up - it hurt a little).

Italy's equaliser was pretty poorly defended to be honest, although that's all I can remember of it :lol:

We re-gained the lead when the impressive Mark Wilson picked out paul Gallacher with a cracking pass, and the Blackburn man fired past the keeper from 15 yards. Very good finish from someone who I'd have taken off moments before.

Then the drama started. Italy equalised for the second time (the marking from the set-piece was shambolic, and the attacker had a free header). As Marshall went to collect the ball, an Italian player tried to 'hurry things up' by taking the ball themselves. He must have said something, or did something to Marshall, as the Scotland number 1 decided to land a cracking right hook on his opponent. The referee had no option but to send Marshall off, although the Italian player could feel a little hard done to. :unsure:

Italy's second red card came with 3 minutes to go, when their player caught Scotty Brown with a horrendous stamp around hip level. How it wasn't a straight red I'll never know :angry:

Well worth going to see, and probably the best £5 I've spent in ages. The only disappointments were missing the first 5 minutes thanks to the huge crowd that turned up, Kirky not getting on (I'll blame Marshall for that) and being chatted up by three local nedettes that were quite clearly jailbait - must be a local thing :lol:

662355[/snapback]

The Italian actually elbowed Marshall as he tried to get the ball from the back of the net.

The Italian actually elbowed Marshall as he tried to get the ball from the back of the net.

662362[/snapback]

Ah, that explains why David decided that hooking him was worthwhile. The view from the East Stand didn't really show it too well :unsure:

In that case, the Italians are dirty wee scumbags, and I hope we get the necessary revenge tomorrow. :D

One other point - Kevin Thomson got stretchered off with what looked like a bad injury - I hope the lad hasn't done his knee in again :(

That does sound like a cracker, and not unlike Italy (U21s or not) to finish with a draw away from home without the full complement of players on the pitch! ;)

Marshall's reaction is an interesting one. Personally I thought he was better than Craig Gordon when they both broke into the full team, however Marshall seems to have taken a slightly backward step. He is no longer part of the top team setup (no disgrace in playing U21 compared to sitting on the bench for the full team) and is not a guaranteed start for Strachan with him preferring the impressive Borruc (that is the boy's name isn't it? you know who I am talking about anyway). I wonder if his reaction is a symptom of his own frustration. Could be a lengthy ban for him, 4 matches at international level can be anything from 6-12 months in real terms.

Gallacher, he? I've still yet to see him in the flesh and from the snippets I've seen on TV he hasn't looked particularly good, but that's no way to judge anyone...

Marshall's reaction is an interesting one. Personally I thought he was better than Craig Gordon when they both broke into the full team, however Marshall seems to have taken a slightly backward step. He is no longer part of the top team setup (no disgrace in playing U21 compared to sitting on the bench for the full team) and is not a guaranteed start for Strachan with him preferring the impressive Borruc (that is the boy's name isn't it? you know who I am talking about anyway). I wonder if his reaction is a symptom of his own frustration. Could be a lengthy ban for him, 4 matches at international level can be anything from 6-12 months in real terms.

Gallacher, he? I've still yet to see him in the flesh and from the snippets I've seen on TV he hasn't looked particularly good, but that's no way to judge anyone...

662385[/snapback]

David's red card has left us with a minor problem for tomorrow, as he was in the full squad as 3rd choice, but he'll be suspended now. It means that if Douglarse or Gordon pick up a knock tomorrow at any point pre-match, we're down to one keeper. His reaction was utter stupidity, as there's only one option for the referee in that situation. He'll be lucky to walk back into the squad after whatever ban he gets IMO after that. :unsure:

As for Gally, he had a very poor game against Moldova in June, and looked like having another one tonight, but he took his goal very well and if a striker hits the back of the net, you can't complain :)

David's red card has left us with a minor problem for tomorrow, as he was in the full squad as 3rd choice..

Now I didn't know that... :o ...you would think there are 6 keepers in Scotland! Maybe a shock call up for Hinchy? :lol:

As for Gally, he had a very poor game against Moldova in June...

I had forgotten about that game (heh, ain't I the lucky one!) and you are right, but then again I don't blame any player for playing bad under Voghts!

Now I didn't know that...  :o  ...you would think there are 6 keepers in Scotland! Maybe a shock call up for Hinchy? :lol:

I had forgotten about that game (heh, ain't I the lucky one!) and you are right, but then again I don't blame any player for playing bad under Voghts!

662419[/snapback]

I reckon Ian Turner will be called into the squad as emergency cover for tomorrow, if anyone is. It does leave us short though, as after Marshall, you'd be looking at Alan Combe, Paul Gallacher (who's not playing), or Mark Brown, who's unproven at international level - get Chris Smith in there :lol:

BTW, the Moldova game I'm talking about was the under 21 game at Firhill (yes, you are lucky if you've forgotten about it), and Smith was in charge by then, not that it affected the under 21 squad in any way ;)

Didn't he get a run out against Moldova in the top team?

Hmm.. late at night, not sober :lol: and with a memory like a thingy... so maybe not.

662450[/snapback]

www.scottishfa.co.uk is the best place to find the answer to that - my head hurts too much to think :lol:

i see our star striker no9 guffy missed a sitter when he was through on the keeper. please dont turn out like another kenny miller  :rolleyes:  :(

662714[/snapback]

Based on yesterday afternoon's evidence, I'll be delighted if he turns out to be another Kenny Miller.... ;):D

Archived