Scott Brown International U-Turn

NewHope

Not like either of you two to just sink to your knees and swallow anything celticy is it? You know if it wasn't for the automatic agreement with anything even a little bit Celtic related, you would probably be alright. As for hibs, the love in is a touch tiresome, but some lower league fans just need the comfort blanket of a big team, bless.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have many favourite Scotland players that have played for both of the OF. Because I'm not a simpleton that lets what club a player plays for cloud my judgement and opinion on them. Like you've clearly done, your post was purely based on your personal dislike of the guy.

If anything Browns shown how much he cares about playing for us, he realised he made the wrong decision and is now in a no win situation with coming back. We're more than likely going to get pumped and even if Brown does personally have a good game he'll get criticised. Just the way it is.

If he didn't care about Scotland like you seem to be hinting at then there's no way he would be back.

You're just greeting cause he punted the ball off of Shinnie at the weekend.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"If anything Browns shown how much he cares about playing for us "

f**k off m8, you didn't type that with a straight face. Get the f**k out of here... lol.

Pretty simple stuff really. He could've continued to fade away into international obscurity away from the circus that is currently our national team if he didn't care but instead he's going to come in for a shite load of scrutiny unless he single handedly pushes us to qualification, which isn't going to happen.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

f**k off m8, you didn't type that with a straight face. Get the f**k out of here... lol.

Pretty simple stuff really. He could've continued to fade away into international obscurity away from the circus that is currently our national team if he didn't care but instead he's going to come in for a shite load of scrutiny unless he single handedly pushes us to qualification, which isn't going to happen.

Or he just wanted a pop at England at wembley but couldn't bother his hole against Malta, Lithuania and Slovenia. You see it your way, I see it mine.

47 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

You're right, the rabbits working the controls in Scott Browns head are not capable of the complex thought processes you describe. Whatever was going on in his life didn't impinge upon his club game so I don't think it makes sense that there could be some horrific emotional or familial trauma preventing him from representing his country. Goodness knows, as much as I dislike his actions here and detest his consistent immunity from being penalised on the pitch, he and his family have had enough problems and I do sincerely hope that isn't the case. 

I think it is more likely that he (and others) decided a club comes before your country. Fine, I disagree, I find that objectionable too but you once you've made that decision it is or at least should be final.

If I hear an apology, or some contrition from the ingrate that would be something, not enough but, something.

I'm not even suggesting there was some sort of terrible tragedy in his life, there are loads of things which might've meant playing International football wasn't best for him. Didn't that article earlier say his wife was pregnant? Maybe he felt flying half way across Europe wasn't ideal when his wife needed support. Travelling to Aberdeen or Inverness with his club doesn't really have the same demands. My point is you can't victimise him for the choice he's made when you are entirely assuming the reasons for it.

What does Brown have to apologise for? If you say "turning his back on the country" we'll just end this here.

Or he just wanted a pop at England at wembley but couldn't bother his hole against Malta, Lithuania and Slovenia. You see it your way, I see it mine.

Aye cause getting rings run around him at Wembley and being part of the team that's out after 4 games sounds incredibly appealing.

Maybe he felt it was right to retire in the summer after having a poor season last year with injuries, he then saw us stroll to a 5-1 victory, didn't feel the need to offer his help as it looked like everything was going well, before then sitting at home watching the last 2 games and thinking he was stupid putting himself into a position where he couldn't do anything about it.

Couldn't bother his hole? :lol: It's a few games of football and a trip away in 5 star digs regardless of who we play.

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not even suggesting there was some sort of terrible tragedy in his life, there are loads of things which might've meant playing International football wasn't best for him. Didn't that article earlier say his wife was pregnant? Maybe he felt flying half way across Europe wasn't ideal when his wife needed support. Travelling to Aberdeen or Inverness with his club doesn't really have the same demands. My point is you can't victimise him for the choice he's made when you are entirely assuming the reasons for it.

What does Brown have to apologise for? If you say "turning his back on the country" we'll just end this here.

Thanks. Turning his back on the country.

Absolutely no need to mention anything about family tragedy or personal problems (Brown's had both, of course) being involved, and anyone looking for this as justification, and the only justification, need their head looked at. Do you want player contracts drawn up in blood with that also? Family sacrifice rituals for the English-born lads? f**k sake. 

I might have overstepped the mark, but taking things off the football pitch or out of the dressing room like that is more out of order. It's not some 'conspiracy' as Moonster alleged; we can all see how shite we are for ourselves. Where i believe things stand, is that there is a very downbeat, lackadaisical shrug-of-shoulders attitude, as evident in many recent performances. From all players, not just him. Either he wanted to do all he could to fix things, or he didn't. His decision isn't the problem, far from it...but you're either in or you're out, and to make that decision at his age demonstrated his attitude to it. Its f**k all to do with patriotism either; no one ever questioned, or even discussed players' 'patriotism' until the whole Braveheart shite was trotted out through Colin Hendry. Returning hero my arse. 

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aye cause getting rings run around him at Wembley and being part of the team that's out after 4 games sounds incredibly appealing.

Maybe he felt it was right to retire in the summer after having a poor season last year with injuries, he then saw us stroll to a 5-1 victory, didn't feel the need to offer his help as it looked like everything was going well, before then sitting at home watching the last 2 games and thinking he was stupid putting himself into a position where he couldn't do anything about it.

Couldn't bother his hole? :lol: It's a few games of football and a trip away in 5 star digs regardless of who we play.

You don't 'offer' your 'help' to the national side, you are invited to join the squad and without a spectacularly good reason, you should only get to say no once.

Everything about that sentence displays a despicable and totally arse about tit attitude to the national side.

9 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Then I trust he's at home right now, tending to his wife and family? No? 

And as for 'best for him',  well f**k me sideways and call me Susan if I think our national captain might want to think about what is best for a few other things first. Like his team, like his country and the fans he has stuck two fingers up to by waltzing off and then swanning back in with an arrogance and a lack of understanding you only really get from being associated with the OF. 

Stuck two fingers up to the fans :lol:

Swanning back in with an arrogance :lol:

Lack of understanding you only really get from being associated with the OF :lol:

Last sentence sums it up. No point even going over it with you.

You hate Scott Brown because he punted the ball off Shinnie and because Celtic regularly pump Aberdeen with #Broooooony running about the middle being an arsehole and winding you up.

Scott Brown retired because he felt playing International football would effect his club form, its not a secret as its something he said in every single interview.

He's coming out of retirement because Scotland and Strachan are struggling and hes in good form, he's only planning to play this one game and then decide on his future again but Brendan Rodgers thinks he'll retire again after the match. Again, thats something Rodgers has said all over the media.

I understand why he's doing it, but players who are in the final years of their entire career shouldn't be allowed to simply pick and choose when to play for the Country. Wheres the incentive for younger players when you can sit on the bench patiently waiting for your chance only for a 30+ year old to come from retirement and straight in front of you?

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Brown to score the winner at Wembley and spend the next 24 hours eating chips off the pavement outside the Burke and Hare.

He can dip them in salt'n'sauce from my belly button if he does.

Scott Brown retired because he felt playing International football would effect his club form, its not a secret as its something he said in every single interview.

He's coming out of retirement because Scotland and Strachan are struggling and hes in good form, he's only planning to play this one game and then decide on his future again but Brendan Rodgers thinks he'll retire again after the match. Again, thats something Rodgers has said all over the media.

I understand why he's doing it, but players who are in the final years of their entire career shouldn't be allowed to simply pick and choose when to play for the Country. Wheres the incentive for younger players when you can sit on the bench patiently waiting for your chance only for a 30+ year old to come from retirement and straight in front of you?

If he comes out, plays, and then retires again I'll take every single thing I've said back and say he can go f**k himself. I really doubt that will happen and really hope it doesn't happen when he does 'revisit' the situation after Wembley.

5 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

You don't 'offer' your 'help' to the national side, you are invited to join the squad and without a spectacularly good reason, you should only get to say no once.

Everything about that sentence displays a despicable and totally arse about tit attitude to the national side.

And as for 'best for him',  well f**k me sideways and call me Susan if I think our national captain might want to think about what is best for a few other things first. Like his team, like his country and the fans he has stuck two fingers up to by waltzing off and then swanning back in with an arrogance and a lack of understanding you only really get from being associated with the OF. 

:lol:

5 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

You're really not getting this are you. I don't have any inside info on Scott Brown, his wife or his family, I was merely offering up alternative suggestions to your seething response.

Your patriotism makes my skin crawl.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not sure Brendan Rodgers saying that he thinks it's a one off game and that Brown will reassess things after the England game in one interview is him saying it "all over the media", nor does it prove anything. It's his opinion.

At the end of the day here, Strachan is fighting to keep his job and he's calling on a player he trusts more than anyone else, Brown obviously likes him and he's decided he's available for selection again. If he retires immediately after the match then obviously it'll look bad, but I'm not sure Brown deserves hung, drawn and quartered for Gordon Strachan flapping around trying to save his arse.

I'm not sure Brendan Rodgers saying that he thinks it's a one off game and that Brown will reassess things after the England game in one interview is him saying it "all over the media", nor does it prove anything. It's his opinion.

It's his opinion based on the conversation he had with Brown about him playing in this game, not just some random thought.

Archived