Annan Athletic vs Arbroath

I have no doubt he did, but did Phillips deserve to be dropped, just asking

Phillips always seems to be the fall guy and first to be dropped to bring someone on. Callaghan is similarly treated but it's a squad game now and if DC keeps turning up results like yesterday it shows a healthy competition for players to "nail down a jersey " . Those at the Q&A will relate to the last bit.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
point taken on Skelly and Mutch, but if you compared Skelly, Mutch  and Sukar this season, surely Sukar has been the least impressive, that for me makes the decision to pick Sukar ahead of Phillips, even more strange

You're more gutted than Phillips min. IMO Mutch has been by far the least impressive and Skelly by far the most impressive. Sukars been steady. If he played well who cares Phillips will be back in at one point, squad effort. [emoji1360]

Squad game right enough but I think it was harsh on Phillips, but got 3 points so well done DC/IC, no complaints.

I must admit though I would rather play our signed players rather than loan players if possible.

Even if said loan players are better than our own?

I'm a bit unconvinced on both Philips and sukur, we won the game though so why some seem to get all upset about who plays is beyond me. For all we know Philips might've had a knock or missed training or something. 

Team will be interesting next week. 

becuase philips has commited himself to the club by signing a contract. sukar is on loan with agreement with his club who own his contract who at anytime can get recall him

As far as I'm concerned, as long as Sukar or any other loan player is here, he's our player just the same as those who are signed to us. Ian Campbell made it very clear than if any loanee wasn't fully committed to playing for us they'd be out the door.

3 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Even if said loan players are better than our own?

Hence I put if possible in bold, loanees are only good if they are better than what you already have, and over the past 4/5 years the majority of loanees have not been any better than what we had on the bench or in the stand - fact!

so lets go back to the moore days then and sign anybody and there dog then get a grip mate

:lol:

Eta: fwiw I'm not saying that at all nobody is. Having loans make up half your squad is just terrible management. Like you say they can be recalled at any time. A lot of they loans were also short term, there was a sign anyone and their dug on loan type thing going on. However that's clearly not what's happening here. The loans are adding to our squad and without them we'd still have a big good pool to choose from.

Archived