MUIRKIRKJFC

Muirkirk J.F.C

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 22:42, Muirkirk J.F.C said:

It is with regret the club have accepted the resignation of Manager George Grierson and his back room staff. The club would like to thank George for his outstanding work in his time at Burnside Park. He has built a good young squad who if they stick together will be a force to be reckoned with. 

On a personal note I would like to say what a pleasure George has been to work with. 

Billy Tait Secretary MJFC 

6 hours ago, bigbuff said:

It was a sad day when I was told of George and the boys departure. I believe something special could have been built there as most of youse know the majority of the team were my u19's. However, things change in football all the time and George will have his reasons and they should be respected. Football is a results game yes but you've got to feel apathy with your surroundings as well. Being a manager for the normal person is difficult enough but George was beyond normal in regards to his preparation and dedication.

All managers have a way of playing and a system that is tried and tested in their time as a manager. In my opinion the club need to ensure the incoming manager buys into the youth and perhaps let them express themselves for the rest of the season. These boys are winners its all they've ever known growing up so it was a culture shock for them stepping up to the Junior ranks. Make no mistake George and his team made that transition a little bit smoother by treating the boys like men.

Open up, let the boys play the way they are used to which is on the deck and from he back, adapt to a 4-2-3-1 and see how that goes. What have the club got to lose? there bottom just now so why not. I understand that John McCaig and Fraser Stewart are the interim management team well if your reading this think about what i said from a guy that managed 80% of your current squad.

I wish George and the lads all the best no matter where they end up if indeed they stay in the game.

Boab

Big jump from Boys to Juniors in coaching and playing terms. Maybe it's because he felt "apathy" he left? I'm guessing you've seen a lot of the team this season to come to your conclusions about culture shock etc? Definitely a results business but reading the Muirkirk statement they were keen to retain the management team, they must have saw some progress and development? You've obviously seen them more than me but from the couple of games I've seen they were competitive.

I hate to say I told you so but I will anyway.
There's two ways to vew it. Either Mr Grierson was unhappy that he couldn't bring success to the club or his ego couldn't cope with it. You decide.
Regardless, he made a difference. For me, he should have stuck it out but when you analyse his coaching CV that's not what he does. Shame.

Sounds like this club bought into youth in a big way. Whether or not that's for budget reasons or with a longer term goal in mind it's got to be a good thing that we see youngsters staying in the game and getting the chance to learn their trade at a new level. 

Hopefully the club and the manager have sorted whatever needed sorted and its all systems go for the rest of the season for Muirkirk. Every cloud has a silver lining though because the manager must be delighted to discover that there is a ready made adviser waiting in the wings with tactical and technical help that's if he didn't know that before. Personally I watched the game yesterday and thought the team was a little subdued lets hope they all get a lift with the managerial situation getting sorted out so quickly. Won't see them next week as I'll be visiting the seaside town of Troon for a game but will try and get to Burnside Park again in the near future.   

What was the reason for the resignation then? No official reason was ever given. It must of been pretty trivial for the quick change of mind.  The impression I got from the post by bigbuff was that he felt the team could be playing better, if given a bit more freedom and unfortunately the league table at the moment doesn't lie.

This is a pantomime everyone involved could do without.

Oh cantona , do you really think I'm Geordie haha , I know George pretty well  , so he left lugar for more money when it was widely known they didn't have any makes you look like an even bigger tit than you already are . Bob A I don't think it's anyone's business as to why Geordie left muirkirk but these problems seemed to have been ironed out & I for one am glad to see him back.As for big buff I don't think he has seen muirkirk this season so I don't think he's in a position to coment 

Archived