Berwick Rangers v Cowdenbeath

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My neutral tuppence-worth is that I cannot believe Rangers failed to win this match.

Cowdenbeath looked clueless against 11, and only rather less so against 10.

But I was rather pleased to see the home side eventually punished for their indiscipline.

A few pix here - (scroll past the 2000 report.)

http://ian38018.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/berwick-rangers-shielfield-park.html

My neutral tuppence-worth is that I cannot believe Rangers failed to win this match.

Cowdenbeath looked clueless against 11, and only rather less so against 10.

But I was rather pleased to see the home side eventually punished for their indiscipline.

A few pix here - (scroll past the 2000 report.)

http://ian38018.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/berwick-rangers-shielfield-park.html

I like the comparisons you've made there. Simpsons Malt have been investing, those are permanent. Bigger barn/shed at the side too.

As mentioned by others don't know where Berwick's 8  players came from. Second sending off was a terrible foul Notman was pushed by Pyper no doubt in my mind but after the ref waived play on he ran fully 30 yards before his lunge at Kyle Miller. Terrible stuff from an experienced player who should know better. Just glad Kyle wasn't hurt.

Good to see young Cammy get the goal well deserved for our second half display. Was in the stand and never seen folk going on the pitch but silly and not needed.

Thought the boy Thomson was man of the match before his sending off with his last gasp save. Deano was a bit unlucky with the penalty his first miss from the spot which bounced out the way off the bar.

Good second half performance with us piling on the pressure and Berwick looking happy to hold onto a one goal lead playing only one man up from, they had a few breaks but couldn't do anything as there was no one there.

We did have a shot on target in the first half just before the break when Renton who had been set up by CJ had a shot cleared off the line by a defender.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The 8 players came from Gillette Soccer Saturday, said Berwick had 3 sent off. Someone already said that on here

I was meaning I don't know how it was put out as such all the stats the media use all come from Optra who have someone doing a running report on the game for them so I don't know where he got the extra sending off from can only presume he meant they had 8 outfield players left and someone fucked up at the other end.

30 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Second sending off was a terrible foul Notman was pushed by Pyper no doubt in my mind but after the ref waived play on he ran fully 30 yards before his lunge at Kyle Miller. Terrible stuff from an experienced player who should know better.

It was Lavery fouled in the corner, so no he didn't run 30 yards to foul.

5 minutes ago, Hallowed Turf said:

It was Lavery fouled in the corner, so no he didn't run 30 yards to foul.

My bad someone said to me it was the same guy. Still a bad foul from him though and ended up costing his side two points.

Good highlights. Berwick tried to sit on their lead in the second half? Bad tackle for the second red. I thought Berwick should have had a free kick for a push just before the tackle though. Our players had desire there and that is encouraging.

12 hours ago, CowdenConvert said:
24 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Good highlights. Berwick tried to sit on their lead in the second half? Bad tackle for the second red. I thought Berwick should have had a free kick for a push just before the tackle though. Our players had desire there and that is encouraging.

The players should be showing desire for the full 90 minutes and none of this continued lack of effort in the first half!

I am getting fed up of folk treating this team as if it was a school team with people taking something from their application in the second half. 

Going in at half time without a shot on goal tells it's own story.

Yes it's good they came out fighting in the second half but why has Fox not fixed this issue yet with no 100 percent effort for the ninety minutes.

Also we were lucky to even score at the end which was a scrappy affair.

Some people are just covering the cracks every week with excuses for Fox and the team. 

I don't like to be negative and will take the point but why there is happy clappy people happy with yesterday is beyond me and if the players and management go about with that attitude we are destined for the Lowland League

The League table doesn't lie .

I fully expect 3 points this coming Saturday as I am not settling for survival .

Hate being too critical and harsh but I am really disappointed on how things are going on the park these days as we all know that our club is in a fragile state.

Fox and the team have to step up 100 percent as if their careers depended on it.

My personal favourite part of the highlights is the linesman watching the Cowden 15 drag Brian Martin about 5 yards in a headlock. Honourable mention to ref also failing to notice the keepers 80 yard sprint to get involved.

Aye cause McGurn really got involved. Should have been a red for trying to calm things down.

Archived