The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

2 hours ago, mjw said:

It also has no electoral college votes.
Second class citizens.

They don't want to be a state. If you're curious, I couldn't vote if I moved there. A person born in Puerto Rico could vote if they moved to my state.

8 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Is it aye ?

As a casual onlooker, it would appear to me that the problem with Puerto Rico is that it's been hit by a fucking massive natural disaster. Floods, no power or clean water, 90% of mobile phone towers down, people, Americans dying. I don't think it's in the least bit surprising that some folk haven't turned up for their work tbh. 

Still, I'm sure the folks down there are grateful that their president has found time to shitpost about their mayor in between rounds of golf.

It's been a week and a half. Less than half of the Puerto Rico National Guard members have shown up. It was 100% in Texas and Florida. I get that there may be issues, but 50% is unacceptable. Only 20% of the truck drivers contracted to the government have reported for work. 

There are literally thousands of shipping containers sitting in ports with no one showing up to unload them and distribute the goods. 

That is Trump's point that you're all making fun of. If the local government is going to be completely unprepared to deal with their responsibilities, then it's going to take a second to deal with the issues from the US mainland. The Teamsters union is currently organizing US based truck drivers to travel there, but they can't just drive straight there to replace the Puerto Ricans who aren't showing up.

Puerto Rico's government has for a long time operated third world style as primarily a jobs program. Besides being bankrupt, basic competency issues are now biting them in the ass.

8 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Calm down m8, that's not what I said. 'Free speech' isn't absolute as well you know, it comes with responsibilities. Describing a group of people, a group I may add, who still face persecution in many places around the world, as sub-human is unacceptable behaviour. Paquaio can say whatever he wants, although he has to be prepared to accept the consequences of what he said. The consequence was he lost a lucrative contract with Nike.

Out of curiosity, are you ok with this?

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/High-school-football-kicked-off-team-anthem-kneel-12242713.php

Two Victory & Praise Christian Academy football players were kicked off the team for protesting during the national anthem at a game Friday night.

Cedric Ingram-Lewis raised his fist while cousin Larry McCullough knelt during the anthem ahead of the team's game against Providence Classical.

After the anthem ended, head coach Ronnie Mitchem instructed them to take off their uniforms and kicked them off the team. Mitchem is a former Marine and pastor who started the church-based football program in Crosby six years ago.

It's been a week and a half. Less than half of the Puerto Rico National Guard members have shown up. It was 100% in Texas and Florida. I get that there may be issues, but 50% is unacceptable. Only 20% of the truck drivers contracted to the government have reported for work. 

Is there something else they might be doing?
Looking for their houses or something.

It's good of Trump to tweet at an island with no power and means of communicating to ignore the 'fake media' though.
Tremendously clever guy.

1 hour ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Christian school kicks 2 players off team for peaceful protest.

It's what Jesus would've wanted.

2 hours ago, mjw said:

It's good of Trump to tweet at an island with no power and means of communicating to ignore the 'fake media' though.
Tremendously clever guy.

He makes W. look like a Mastermind champion.  But at the same time, he's tweeting to the alt-right base.  When folk decry the racist subtext (perhaps even over racism), he can point to the supposed liberal press (although much of the criticism comes from Fox, when they can be bothered to pay attention) being opposed to him (i.e Fake News) and get them all riled up.  

It's playing on fears and politicising a natural disaster.  Even odious policies aside, he's a nasty, venal person who has no moral authority on anything.  The damage he has single handedly done to the office is remarkable.

14 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

A peaceful protest can be disrespectful. Respect is a completely social construct. We are all taught that certain actions are respectful and certain actions are disrespectful. I remember being a kid playing Little League baseball and Pop Warner football. When we would be acting like dumb kids making up new words when they played the anthem before games, or we weren't in our proper place when the song started, the word the coaches always used when correcting our behavior was "respect." This isn't a case of SJW's trying to change definitions of words or the meaning of symbols and then claiming that all of society has to change or be labeled disrespectful. We should fight back against that. This is the case of an ancient ritual with much history. Lines of respect and disrespect are well established when it comes to behavior during patriotic songs. It's why all the liberal white cheerleaders of this movement, outside of a very small 1% fringe, can't actually bring themselves to kneel down as well. 

Everyone knew about the police shootings and black lives matter. This brought no new attention. All it did was polarize opinion farther on an already polarizing topic. Kaepernick wasn't trying to convince the people on the other side of the issue that we need a change. He was signaling to his own group. And in my estimation the black Fox Sports presenter Jason Whitlock is right. It was about a mix race guy adopted and raised by a rich, white suburban family proving his blackness through politics because he doesn't have any of the culture. Maurkice Pouncey, the Steeler in the video I posted before, is getting lit up by black people for his stance. They are claiming that he was raised exclusively by the white side of his family and calling him a traitor. And if you ever meet black people who are mixed and raised by whites or black people adopted by whites they have the same story about being expected to go beyond to prove their blackness.

I still say that patriotism has nothing to do with government. It's about first loyalty to your country, nation, culture, or group.

Do you not see the problem with this? Basically what you are saying is that from a very young age it is distilled in you that you HAVE to respect the flag, that you HAVE to respect the anthem, not why you have to, but that you have to regardless or you will be looked down upon or challenged on it. The "correct behavior" was to respect the flag, not ask why. So you have grown people who now believe they must respect the theme song and logo, not because they want to, but because they HAVE to.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

He makes W. look like a Mastermind champion.  But at the same time, he's tweeting to the alt-right base.  When folk decry the racist subtext (perhaps even over racism), he can point to the supposed liberal press (although much of the criticism comes from Fox, when they can be bothered to pay attention) being opposed to him (i.e Fake News) and get them all riled up.  

It's playing on fears and politicising a natural disaster.  Even odious policies aside, he's a nasty, venal person who has no moral authority on anything.  The damage he has single handedly done to the office is remarkable.

His base is narrowing.  Maybe he's stupid or arrogant enough to think that base will carry him through 2020; if so he's wrong.  

Maybe if he gets the inheritance tax reforms passed the he doesn't give a shit.  In some respects it would be hilarious if the whole alt-right, MAGA, drain-the-swamp bullshit was just a ploy to negate how much tax has to be paid when he pops his clogs.

His base is narrowing.  Maybe he's stupid or arrogant enough to think that base will carry him through 2020; if so he's wrong.  
Maybe if he gets the inheritance tax reforms passed the he doesn't give a shit.  In some respects it would be hilarious if the whole alt-right, MAGA, drain-the-swamp bullshit was just a ploy to negate how much tax has to be paid when he pops his clogs.

I don’t think he cares about a second term. He’s all about what’s best for his $. If the Dems somehow contrive to find a competent leadership group, I reckon you are right. But if they continue down the Pelosi route, they could well entrench his popularity rather than detract.

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I don’t think he cares about a second term. He’s all about what’s best for his $. If the Dems somehow contrive to find a competent leadership group, I reckon you are right. But if they continue down the Pelosi route, they could well entrench his popularity rather than detract.

Aye we can talk about Trump's arrogance but the arrogance of the Democratic establishment is on a par.  

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Trump's way of supporting his Secretary of State's diplomatic efforts. Wouldn't be surprised if he resigns, his job is impossibe.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/914497877543735296

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/914497947517227008

tfw you've been slagging off the NFL and Puerto Rico and forget to threaten nuclear war.

8 hours ago, mjw said:

Tremendously clever guy.

Sorry, that's not acceptable. It's been a week and a half. If the same thing happened in Scotland or West Virginia more than 50% or 20% of the people supposed to show up to help make sure a disaster doesn't turn into a humanitarian crisis would be there. That's the benefit of living in a first world country. 

As for the mayor of San Juan, the director of FEMA called her out for refusing to participate in the unified command directing the response. Hahahahaha. Amazing. What a c**t! She literally refuses to show up at the field office.

6 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Do you not see the problem with this? Basically what you are saying is that from a very young age it is distilled in you that you HAVE to respect the flag, that you HAVE to respect the anthem, not why you have to, but that you have to regardless or you will be looked down upon or challenged on it. The "correct behavior" was to respect the flag, not ask why. So you have grown people who now believe they must respect the theme song and logo, not because they want to, but because they HAVE to.

Yeah, I think this is a good thing.

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm surprised someone in IRS hasn't leaked his tax records by now.

It means that he's probably good on his taxes. 

Think about what you're saying. You're surprised that people in the government haven't tried illegal behavior to bring down the elected President of the United States. It's amazing what our country has come to.

1 minute ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Yeah, I think this is a good thing.

....Utterly ridiculous

So people should just bow to the flag without question? Then the flag is worthless if the only way they can get people to respect it is by brainwashing them. Forced patriotism is poor substitute for actual patriotism. You sound like the kinda person who was against Edward Snowden coming forward, probably in your eyes he should have never said anything bad about the beloved government, despite his evidence showing them for what they are.

What about other countries that chose not to bow to that particular flag? should they be made to?

30 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Trump's way of supporting his Secretary of State's diplomatic efforts. Wouldn't be surprised if he resigns, his job is impossible.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/914497947517227008

So basically Tillerson is the equivalent of the lad stuck in the middle trying to calm down 2 idiots squaring up to each other while one of them(Trump) has his hands out wide and talking shit.

I suddenly don't feel as bad as i once did for Kezia, when she was the leader of Slab i thought she had the worst job in the world

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

4 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

....Utterly ridiculous

So people should just bow to the flag without question? Then the flag is worthless if the only way they can get people to respect it is by brainwashing them. Forced patriotism is poor substitute for actual patriotism. You sound like the kinda person who was against Edward Snowden coming forward, probably in your eyes he should have never said anything bad about the beloved government, despite his evidence showing them for what they are.

What about other countries that chose not to bow to that particular flag? should they be made to?

I haven't studied Snowden very much, and I might change my mind if I did, but I'm inclined to support people within the government bureaucracy who reveal extreme levels of illegal activity by the government. 

I'm a conservative. If something has worked well for our society I'm for keeping it the way it is. I can't say what other countries should do.

1 minute ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

I haven't studied Snowden very much, and I might change my mind if I did, but I'm inclined to support people within the government bureaucracy who reveal extreme levels of illegal activity by the government. 

I'm a conservative. If something has worked well for our society I'm for keeping it the way it is. I can't say what other countries should do.

Oh, America is doing fantastic at the moment, absolutely don't change anything. :unsure:

....Utterly ridiculous

The Edward Snowden who revealed state secrets, the vast majority nothing to do with exposing wrong doing, harming the US's capabilities of fighting our enemies? Aye he's a hero right enough.