The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

22 minutes ago, RiG said:

I've said before it must be a nightmare to be his speechwriter. His propensity to veer off topic and waffle really gets him into trouble. This is another classic case. 0:00 - 0:07 he's looking at his speech mainly because he can't remember it but importantly sticking to the script. Then between 0:08 - 0:22 you can tell he goes off script and tries to improvise or show off or something and just ends up talking utter shite and manages to offend a lot of paralympians. Some guy.

You'd like to think he was making a point about the lack of broadcast coverage, or even simply the time difference.   I'm not going to give him the benefit of the doubt on that, though.

You'd like to think he was making a point about the lack of broadcast coverage, or even simply the time difference.   I'm not going to give him the benefit of the doubt on that, though.

Probably meant it was tough turning over from Fox News to another channel.

He obviously meant that he’s President and doesn’t have time to watch the Paralympics - obviously that claim can be argued on its own merits but there’s more than plenty to criticise Donald Trump about than just making up utter shite like this.

And if you fancy a game of whataboutery, Barack Obama’s of course once said his poor bowling was ‘like the Special Olympics’. I suspect that story will be viral amongst certain elements of Twitter today.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

I've said before it must be a nightmare to be his speechwriter. His propensity to veer off topic and waffle really gets him into trouble. This is another classic case. 0:00 - 0:07 he's looking at his speech mainly because he can't remember it but importantly sticking to the script. Then between 0:08 - 0:22 you can tell he goes off script and tries to improvise or show off or something and just ends up talking utter shite and manages to offend a lot of paralympians. Some guy.

Isn't that literally a Karl Pilkington bit?

1 hour ago, Paco said:

He obviously meant that he’s President and doesn’t have time to watch the Paralympics - obviously that claim can be argued on its own merits but there’s more than plenty to criticise Donald Trump about than just making up utter shite like this.

And if you fancy a game of whataboutery, Barack Obama’s of course once said his poor bowling was ‘like the Special Olympics’. I suspect that story will be viral amongst certain elements of Twitter today.

Trump has set the ‘standard’ by lying about everything big and small so I have no problems criticising him for everything big and small and if there is any doubt about his meaning of things I will always interpret them in a way that casts him in the worst possible light.

8 minutes ago, banana said:

Have Obama or Reptillary commented yet since the scenes at the Korean border the other day?

Would've thought they'd be all over the news hailing progress.

I think they both know that it's best not to fire off ill informed tweets when a divided country is trying to end a civil war.

8 hours ago, Paco said:

'Progressives' making up shite to add another to the list of identity groups that Trump secretly hates, shocker :lol:

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think they both know that it's best not to fire off ill informed tweets when a divided country is trying to end a civil war.

Self-deception intensifies...

5 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Regressives being snowflakes shocker. 

'Progressives' works better than Regressives imo, but snowflakery indeed to get hysterical at every single thing he says.

50 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Where is this "Trump solved Korea" narrative coming from? :lol:

If fat halfwits firing out illiterate tweets are worthy of Nobel Prizes, then allow me to claim full fucking credit next time Hearts actually win a game. :lol:

Wait until Kim tells Trump this is only happening if US troops get tae off the peninsula, he'll be back to fire & fury mode.

8 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Wait until Kim tells Trump this is only happening if US troops get tae off the peninsula, he'll be back to fire & fury mode.

Not sure about that, he's very keen on bringing the boys back home.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure about that, he's very keen on bringing the boys back home.

So he says, while doing the opposite. The Americans have always been pretty adamant they wont be making  any concessions. Even if North Korea slips down the list of priorities, they will want to keep their large presence in the region for the inevitable poking China with a stick over the South China Sea etc.

2 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

So he says, while doing the opposite. The Americans have always been pretty adamant they wont be making  any concessions. Even if North Korea slips down the list of priorities, they will want to keep their large presence in the region for the inevitable poking China with a stick over the South China Sea etc.

Conventional US global politics has gone out the window. If Xi Jinping pretends that Trump wins a Korean deal then the South China Sea will be owned by China.