The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

John McCain dead.  No fan of the guy but it’s a pity one of Trump’s main Republican critics is no longer around.

I always thought he was very respectful of Obama, especially at Republican events where people would be saying things like ‘he’s an arab’ or ‘i’m scared of Obama’ basically said in response, Obama is a decent man who I disagree with on a fundamental political level but nether the less is a good person. I’ve got a lot of respect for him taking the high ground.

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I always thought he was very respectful of Obama, especially at Republican events where people would be saying things like ‘he’s an arab’ or ‘i’m scared of Obama’ basically said in response, Obama is a decent man who I disagree with on a fundamental political level but nether the less is a good person. I’ve got a lot of respect for him taking the high ground.

Not really.

He only stuck up for Obama not for all the Arab Americans who were being denigrated.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Not really.

He only stuck up for Obama not for all the Arab Americans who were being denigrated.

I kind of resent the fact that John McCain's being lauded for not being as bad as Trump.  If that's the standard we've set ourselves, we're all in trouble.

"He's not an Arab, m'am, he's a good family man."   Clumsy at best, loaded in most people's eyes.

John McCain's greatest achievement was crashing his plane in Vietnam, thus saving the lives of a few Vietnamese farmers.

There's no fucking way he gets a pass just because he didn't like Trump. He was a war mongering c**t.

14 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

He is responsible for a hell of a lot less deaths than Tony Blair.

So are most people. But most people don't hang around with Islamic extremists and neo-Nazi mercenaries in efforts to destabilise and overthrow foreign governments.

14 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

So are most people. But most people don't hang around with Islamic extremists and neo-Nazi mercenaries in efforts to destabilise and overthrow foreign governments.

I'm not suggesting he's a great guy, but he isn't complicit in the death of 1.5 million people based on lies which he knew were lies at the time.  There's a special place in hell reserved for Blair that McCain doesn't come anywhere near.

43 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I'm not suggesting he's a great guy, but he isn't complicit in the death of 1.5 million people based on lies which he knew were lies at the time.  There's a special place in hell reserved for Blair that McCain doesn't come anywhere near.

I certainly agree about Blair, but I have the likes of McCain in the same camp. One of the chief proponents of the American exceptionalism ideology and the inherently racist foreign policy that comes along with it. You have to be a special kind of evil to witness the horrors of war first-hand then spend the rest of your life pushing to inflict it on others.

Edited by Zetterlund

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I kind of resent the fact that John McCain's being lauded for not being as bad as Trump.  If that's the standard we've set ourselves, we're all in trouble.

"He's not an Arab, m'am, he's a good family man."   Clumsy at best, loaded in most people's eyes.

No one in their right mind should be lauding McCain; however Trump is the immediate issue and anyone who is opposing him or has opposed him is better than the Congressional GOP sycophants and cowards whose silence is deafening as Trump shreds any remaining decency that exists in the USA.

John McCain specifically requested to fly sorties into Vietnam where he could bomb civilian targets and would’ve been responsible for untold numbers of Iranian deaths if he won the presidency. God bless cancer for doing what the Vietcong were too compassionate to do.

18 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I certainly agree about Blair, but I have the likes of McCain in the same camp. One of the chief proponents of the American exceptionalism ideology and the inherently racist foreign policy that comes along with it. You have to be a special kind of evil to witness the horrors of war first-hand then spend the rest of your life pushing to inflict it on others.

It's a fair point you make