The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I hear that Trump has started selling merchandise with his mugshot on it.

Is there a copyright issue with a law enforcement photo? Can anyone use it?

Interesting point.  It would be great if he made millions of dollars selling the stuff then Fulton County sue him for copyright and claim all the dosh.

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I hear that Trump has started selling merchandise with his mugshot on it.

Is there a copyright issue with a law enforcement photo? Can anyone use it?

No, Yes.

Mugshots are considered public domain, and as they are “public records” must be provided (generally) without cost to the public. The stipulation is agencies may charge reasonable fees for copies and time to copy public records, but in the case of mugshots, that doesn’t apply.

3 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

6'3" & 219llbs 😆😆😆

Idi Amin levels of delusion.

There are a couple of things here. He has certainly lost height over the years, we all do, yet he has never admitted such. He has never been as light as 239lbs, let along 215lbs. I would be shocked of he was below 260-270lbs.

Edited by TxRover

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Interesting point.  It would be great if he made millions of dollars selling the stuff then Fulton County sue him for copyright and claim all the dosh.

I can imagine his political opponents producing their own versions and p!&&-takers around the world can run riot.

What do P&B's political analysts genuinely expect to happen with all this? The criminal cases and the election.

I can't quite imagine Trump actually going to prison, as much as I love the thought of him trying to continue some kind of political movement from behind bars. On the other hand, I also think there's no chance he'll be allowed, one way or another, to get back in the White House. I actually think it's not that unlikely he'd be assassinated.

The end game here is surely that some kind of deal is struck where everyone wins. Basically Donny withdraws and all the criminal pursuits disappear. He isn't imprisoned or murdered, he gets to bleat on forever about injustice, and the Dems keep him out of office.

Anyone genuinely think he's cell bound?  

26 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

What do P&B's political analysts genuinely expect to happen with all this? The criminal cases and the election.

I can't quite imagine Trump actually going to prison, as much as I love the thought of him trying to continue some kind of political movement from behind bars. On the other hand, I also think there's no chance he'll be allowed, one way or another, to get back in the White House. I actually think it's not that unlikely he'd be assassinated.

The end game here is surely that some kind of deal is struck where everyone wins. Basically Donny withdraws and all the criminal pursuits disappear. He isn't imprisoned or murdered, he gets to bleat on forever about injustice, and the Dems keep him out of office.

No. The logistics of it would be too onerous - you can’t have Secret Service guys in the pokey with him and I’m not sure there’s any precedent for former Presidents’ protection being removed so that would be challenged and wouldn’t get past the current Supreme Court. 

I can see some sort of house confinement at his pile in Palm Beach if convicted tho, or more likely a very lengthy period of probation whereby the conditions effectively hamper him from doing much other than playing golf. The ‘no intimidating witnesses’ condition on his bail could be extended to probation, thereby rendering him bothering to post on his social network somewhat worthless anyway. 

3 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

No. The logistics of it would be too onerous - you can’t have Secret Service guys in the pokey with him and I’m not sure there’s any precedent for former Presidents’ protection being removed so that would be challenged and wouldn’t get past the current Supreme Court. 

I can see some sort of house confinement at his pile in Palm Beach if convicted tho, or more likely a very lengthy period of probation whereby the conditions effectively hamper him from doing much other than playing golf. The ‘no intimidating witnesses’ condition on his bail could be extended to probation, thereby rendering him bothering to post on his social network somewhat worthless anyway. 

Why not?

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Why not?

I’d imagine all sorts of logistics of signing them in and out, and conflicts of authority with prison staff would be difficult (and again, likely subject to challenge given no former precedent) unless it was a prison for one a la Rudolf Hess. House confinement would be far less ballache. 

Sadly this is not surprising.

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/georgia-republicans-pass-law-that-could-remove-fani-willis-to-help-trump-191555653644

It is however very dangerous and increases my genuine concern that over the next few years the USA could see something approximating civil war.  Interesting Sarah Palin (remember her?) was suggesting this today; hurts me to agree with her.

The real concern is that the non nut job Republican voters, of whom there are many, seem willing to support such fascist-like activities if it means defeating Biden.

5 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I’d imagine all sorts of logistics of signing them in and out, and conflicts of authority with prison staff would be difficult (and again, likely subject to challenge given no former precedent) unless it was a prison for one a la Rudolf Hess. House confinement would be far less ballache. 

I’m sure it wouldn’t be easy but it could be accommodated.  I don’t see much potential conflict, the job of the Secret Service is to protect him, that’s all.  Following him around the yard so he doesn’t get shanked wouldn’t be too onerous.

50 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Genuinely no idea how it’s going to pan out which makes it all so exciting.

Leaning towards him cutting some sort of deal that ensures he doesn't see the big house or the White House. He'll may endorse someone, maybe Ramaswamy. The Dems win the election regardless barring something unforseen, The Republican elite might be able to regain some control of the party afterwards.

You've got a guy who lives on burnt steak, burgers and Pepsi and drives his golf cart onto the putting greens, and another, slightly older who probably has an assigned team of secret service officers whose whole job is to stop him falling over. The chances of both of them making it through to an election must be marginal. 

Edited by welshbairn

15 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Can't wait for the mixtape. 

20230825_203613.jpg

The mugshot is iconic. Will probably end up being one of the most famous photos of all time. Everyone loves it, pro Trump and anti Trump.

23 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

The mugshot is iconic. Will probably end up being one of the most famous photos of all time. Everyone loves it, pro Trump and anti Trump.

Whilst i do rate it he could've done better. Imagine the scenes if he had a ripper smile (that may not have been allowed)

Can you recall the guy that used to do the artwork with Trump always doing all American hero stuff looking ultra buff, he's gotta be eating right now. 

29 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Whilst i do rate it he could've done better. Imagine the scenes if he had a ripper smile (that may not have been allowed)

Can you recall the guy that used to do the artwork with Trump always doing all American hero stuff looking ultra buff, he's gotta be eating right now. 

Ben Garrison? Haven't seen any of his stuff for a bit, and you used to see it whether you wanted to or not. Here's his latest; he's helping shield Americans from a steel wool ball and a banana, for some reason. 

Trump_patriot_shield-slings-and-arrows.jpg

32 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Big Ben Garrison.

EMz5zNdWwAA0f1T.thumb.jpg.8a0b7aa2a8ac15c9de4aaa5097199722.jpg

Reckon they took Trump's height and weight from his pictures.