The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

24 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

No, another explanation that would make sense is that electoral campaign issues were also discussed and had to be hidden.
Are all other members of the defence committee in possession of the minutes / transcripts of these meetings? If not, is this common practise for one committee member to hold such meetings & not communicate the discussion?
If it's normal procedure, why?
I can completely understand them not being in the public domain, BUT, if it was under the auspices of the Defence Committee and him being a senator, why are these records not available to other committee members?

One of the meetings was just small talk after a public speech.

As for the other, I don't think there would be a recorded transcript of a meeting in an office. This wasn't an official hearing.

If they did talk about the campaign Sessions could just say they didn't and hide behind his office as the reason for the meeting. There's no reason to hide the meetings.

What Sessions says makes the most sense. The question was framed around possible coordination between agents of the Russian government and the Trump campaign. Sessions said he didn't do that and had no knowledge of that.

Just so you know, there seems to be 100% support for Sessions from the right wing outside of the usual Never Trumpers. This isn't going to be an issue long term absent new evidence saying Sessions spoke with the Russians about the campaign. I'd be willing to make a wager with any of you about this.

One of the meetings was just small talk after a public speech.
As for the other, I don't think there would be a recorded transcript of a meeting in an office. This wasn't an official hearing.
If they did talk about the campaign Sessions could just say they didn't and hide behind his office as the reason for the meeting. There's no reason to hide the meetings.
What Sessions says makes the most sense. The question was framed around possible coordination between agents of the Russian government and the Trump campaign. Sessions said he didn't do that and had no knowledge of that.
Just so you know, there seems to be 100% support for Sessions from the right wing outside of the usual Never Trumpers. This isn't going to be an issue long term absent new evidence saying Sessions spoke with the Russians about the campaign. I'd be willing to make a wager with any of you about this.

Right, now I know you are a troll, I bid you farewell.
I've never viewed such undiluted pish in my life.
If you really do deliver pizza in poor areas. I hope the pizza tastes better than the shit you spout on here.
As someone that sometimes has meetings, of a globally inconsequential meaning, that are always minuted (y'know just so everyone is clear as to what was said) I find it tough to believe that Senate committee doesn't minute meetings by its members with the Russian Ambassador!

12 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

Consider:

HIs meeting with the Russian ambassador in his office was the day after he met with the Ukrainian ambassador.

Is it more likely that they were plotting how Russia could help Trump's victory or talking about Crimea?

The first one?

I'm honestly baffled as to why I can't accept a perfectly reasonable explanation from someone. I obviously occasionally play a role in this thread, but I can't see how my position on this topic is anything other than reasonable.

I don't deliver pizza. I drive a cab and deliver Chinese food.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/03/pence-used-aol-account-as-he-complained-about-clinton-emails.html?mid=twitter_dailyintelligencer

Pence Used AOL Account for State Business As He Complained About Clinton’s Emails

Lock him up!?

He didn't break a law unless they find out he was deleting emails to avoid Freedom of Information oversight.

Incompetence and corruption are two different things.

There's also the issue of whether he was warned multiple times.

I'm not a big Pence fan anyways.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Jeff Sessions Used Political Funds for Republican Convention Expenses

https://www.wsj.com/articles/jeff-sessions-used-political-funds-for-republican-convention-expenses-1488509301

What a bunch of crooks and incompetents. Or incompetent crooks.

You're misunderstanding the article. He used his own campaign funds to travel to a political event. That's what the funds are for. The issue being raised is that it was after a speech at the Republican Convention where he made small talk with the Russian ambassador.

1 minute ago, Deplorable said:

You're misunderstanding the article. He used his own campaign funds to travel to a political event. That's what the funds are for. The issue being raised is that it was after a speech at the Republican Convention where he made small talk with the Russian ambassador.

It wasn't a campaign event and he should have used his own funds. He was acting as a Senator, not a candidate, remember?  You Trumpets can't keep your own stories straight.

11 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

It wasn't a campaign event and he should have used his own funds. He was acting as a Senator, not a candidate, remember?  You Trumpets can't keep your own stories straight.

He did use his own personally raised campaign funds to travel to the Republican Convention. I'm not sure what that proves. He's still allowed to conduct Senate business away from Washington while using his own money. He's not only on the clock when he's using government money for his travels.

12 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

He was conducting official business on his own email account, which is a security risk, just like Hillary.

The issue with Hillary was that she set up a private server to get around freedom of information requests and was only found out when a person who she had running an off the books intelligence operation after being banned from official government service by Obama was hacked. We then find out that most of the emails on this server were deleted and Hillary was caught in numerous lies regarding what the server was for. That's different than using an unsecure AOL account, which isn't illegal for the Indiana governor as long as he retains all the emails for record keeping.

Again, I probably wouldn't have voted for Pence. If it's found out that he was attempting to conduct illegal activity and hide that activity by using a second email account, get rid of him.

1 minute ago, Deplorable said:

He did use his own personally raised campaign funds to travel to the Republican Convention. I'm not sure what that proves. He's still allowed to conduct Senate business away from Washington while using his own money. He's not only on the clock when he's using government money for his travels.

Like most alt-right dimwits you're willing to forgive and excuse your corrupt representatives for almost anything.  He's broken the law, get over it.

4 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

The issue with Hillary was that she set up a private server to get around freedom of information requests

No, that was an accusation, not a fact.  If Clinton was guilty then Pence is too. 

41 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

Why? Seems reasonable that the Russian ambassador would like to have a talk and give their side of things the day after the Ukrainian ambassador had a meeting.

I've considered that, but eventually dismissed it as my heid doesn't button up the back.

3 hours ago, Shades75 said:

That's not why you believe him.

You believe him because you want to.  Any explanation is just to confirm a bias.

That's the problem with Trump reports.  Almost everything falls into bias confirmation grounds.  Both sides are both so adversarial.  His presidency - if he isn't impeached - is going to look markedly different in the cold light of history.  

3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Jeff Sessions Used Political Funds for Republican Convention Expenses

https://www.wsj.com/articles/jeff-sessions-used-political-funds-for-republican-convention-expenses-1488509301

What a bunch of crooks and incompetents. Or incompetent crooks.

Saw this on CNN earlier.  This is the nub of the argument; like all lies it's the little details that causes them to unravel.

Any meeting he had was outwith his role as a Senator.  The one feeble excuse he can try to hide behind for lying under oath during his confirmation hearing has been totally undermined.

FWIW I don't think he will resign or be sacked, but it's like a game of Ker Plunk and a strategic straw has just been extracted with the total collapse just getting that little closer.

Saw this on CNN earlier.  This is the nub of the argument; like all lies it's the little details that causes them to unravel.
Any meeting he had was outwith his role as a Senator.  The one feeble excuse he can try to hide behind for lying under oath during his confirmation hearing has been totally undermined.
FWIW I don't think he will resign or be sacked, but it's like a game of Ker Plunk and a strategic straw has just been extracted with the total collapse just getting that little closer.

Despite thinking you are a shite poster, and a c**t of the highest order, I totally endorse this post.[emoji4]
You've hit the nail, fairly & squarely on the head in your musings.
Although, it must be said, the electorate are stupid in general, and nothing would surprise me, and that includes a second term for Trump!

The electorate also includes all nations who are considering making things worse for the world- not just Americans.

Y'all are the crazy ones not me. The fact that he used his own money rather than government money to pay for travel to an event has nothing to do with whether he talked about Ukraine or Russian plots to affect the US election. Amazing!

And Baxter is calling me dim witted when he clearly thought he was exposing an expenses scandal when he originally posted the article.

4 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

No, that was an accusation, not a fact.  If Clinton was guilty then Pence is too. 

Pence was using an AOL account. Haha. Nobody has one of those anymore. Clinton set up a secret and private server outside the government system for her email and continued to use it after numerous warnings against. The most logical explanation is that Pence occasionally and carelessly used his email account from when the internet first became popular in the 1990s while Clinton was trying to avoid oversight.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

That's the problem with Trump reports.  Almost everything falls into bias confirmation grounds.  Both sides are both so adversarial.  His presidency - if he isn't impeached - is going to look markedly different in the cold light of history.  

I live in a state that went almost 70% for Trump. I follow the conservative press. I can tell you that I haven't run into anybody in real life who takes this seriously. And it seems like the conservative press is mostly mocking the Democrats for attempt to create a controversy out of nothing. The talk you hear most is about investigating whether Obama is behind any of this, not whether Sessions should step down. That's my bubble, though it should be obvious from the fact that I'm reading what people here write that I make an attempt to see what the other side is saying. What I'm saying is that outside of the Scottish left bubble there's a bunch of people who think this is all a witch hunt. I'm not off on an island here, which it seems like most people on this thread thinks right now.