The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Think the difference is the other presidential candidate did or would row back their stance

So the question becomes - do we want normal politicians who will lie and change their stances until the cows come home in order to gain election/power, or do we want honest folk like Trump who say what they're going to do, and try to do it? Can't moan about the former decade after decade, then moan again when the people have finally had enough and elect the latter.

Edited by banana

27 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

The question doesn't become that, the choice isn't limited to that and you can happily moan about both when you haven't endorsed either.  Apart from that however, good post. 

Yes it does become that when we're talking about the type/approach of candidate elected when folk have been squealing about professional politicians and their tactics for decades. Moaning about the actual person and the content of their policies, fine.

If people want to vote for, and blindly defend, more of the same because it's been repackaged into a guy who seems impervious to media training and likeability then that's grand. I think the majority of conservative opposition to Trump comes because they know he's in the process of permanently poisoning the Republican Party,  and by extension the two party system, which is great. I don't think there's any other explanation for the media's ongoing rehabilitation of figures like Ben Shapiro but it's glorious. 

Indeed, much of what he's doing would be lauded/sweep-sweeped if it was done by my glorious candidate from my righteous party. It's one part of what makes the TRUMP IS HITLER!$#1! mass hysteria so hilarious.

Much like the Conservative Party (not conservative), the Labour Party (not a worker's party) and the Lib Dems (not anything party) in the UK, The Republican party don't represent their roots anymore. The 'Progressive'-hijacking-in-progress of the Democracts puts them out of kilter with most of the US public when their SJW 'Progressives' get their time on the mic.

Trump and Sanders were a symptom of all this - straight-talking no bullshit loudmouths, whether you agreed with them or not. Self-created content and social media has driven much of this shift imo - you mention Shapiro, but then there's non-politicals out there like Joe Rogan's podcast for example that has a wider reach than most of the MSM. Trump's good chance of winning was apparent to anyone paying attention to these new battlegrounds, i.e. yours truly.

Labour just gained like 4 million votes and the largest oppositional swing since 1945 with the promise of repealing the Trade Union Act, substantially increasing the minimum wage and nationalising the key industry in this country so the idea they aren't a worker's party is patently bollocks to anyone not blinded by SJWs.

4 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Labour just gained like 4 million votes and the largest oppositional swing since 1945 with the promise of repealing the Trade Union Act, substantially increasing the minimum wage and nationalising the key industry in this country so the idea they aren't a worker's party is patently bollocks to anyone not blinded by SJWs.

Yeah I liked how they said they'd nationalise all that stuff, but in the real world where they have power, like Wales they do nothing of the sort...

Edited by Antiochas III

7 hours ago, NotThePars said:

:lol:

Ah yes, Labour "promises". That old chestnut. 

57 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

You can argue this all day but the point I was making was that Labour are running as their most explicitly pro-worker traditional left stance in decades.

Shock horror, people will say anything to get into power.  

If only there was somewhere we could look to see the truth

Edited by Antiochas III

Some dunt if Jeremy Corbyn was saying this shit for 30 years to almost no interest in some mad three-dimensional chess game to take power in 2018.

13 of those 30 years he was in a government that could have repealed any anti union law they fancied.

9 minutes ago, mjw said:

13 of those 30 years he was in a government that could have repealed any anti union law they fancied.

I think Corbyn had as much opportunity to influence policy under Thatcher and Major as he did under Brown and Blair. A quick Google shows Corbyn voting against limiting worker's rights and ability to strike as well at numerous points under both Labour and Tory govts.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

I think Corbyn had as much opportunity to influence policy under Thatcher and Major as he did under Brown and Blair. A quick Google shows Corbyn voting against limiting worker's rights and ability to strike as well at numerous points under both Labour and Tory govts.

Fair point.

On the issue of workers’ rights there has been nothing to separate Labour and the Tories for decades.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Fair point.

On the issue of workers’ rights there has been nothing to separate Labour and the Tories for decades.

True. It's why my da stopped voting altogether which is why it's good to see Corbyn suggesting he'd back "illegal" strikes. McDonnell's said a lot of good stuff on this as well and I fully believe he would push for a repeal of the Trade Union Act almost immediately after a Labour government took power.

Strange silence about the MSMs's latest exploded Fake News attempt at The Russia Narrative, this time alledging Wikileaks offering the Trump campaign the key to read documents... that had already been released :1eye

You chaps finally starting to get it? Anyone? :rolleyes:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/08/cnn-trump-error-journalism-287914

Lots of dodgy goings on with the Mueller team too, anti-Trumpers at the fore.

12 minutes ago, banana said:

Strange silence about the MSMs's latest exploded Fake News attempt at The Russia Narrative, this time alledging Wikileaks offering the Trump campaign the key to read documents... that had already been released :1eye

You chaps finally starting to get it? Anyone? :rolleyes:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/08/cnn-trump-error-journalism-287914

Lots of dodgy goings on with the Mueller team too, anti-Trumpers at the fore.

Trump lies every day and never apologises. CNN make a mistake and correct it as soon as it's noticed. It would hardly be deliberate when Trump Junior just had to check the date on the email to put them right. Move along, nothing happening here.

Edited by welshbairn