Swift Resigns

Sancho Panza

8 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Excuse me but speak to any Ladeside fan & they will tell you the expectations we all have . We believe we are 1 of the biggest clubs in the junior game & should be challenging for honours all the time .

We took the risk of taking on 2 guys with very little managerial experience with Swift and Crilly. Blowing hot and cold, and finally the cracks began to show over the last few months. WE STILL ARE one the biggest clubs in junior football, backed by a committed fan base and committee, we shall get our shit together, and come back bigger and stronger.

We now need someone at the helm to guide some of our most gifted players on to better things in the game...........

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys a winner and done well at largs to start with. If I was in the trenches then that's one guy I would want by my side.........

But wasn't him leaving largs about time commitments as well as results? If I've picked that up wrong fair enough but I'd like someone with experience

P.s is big Sam back from holiday yet!

19 minutes ago, Geordie Blastie said:

We took the risk of taking on 2 guys with very little managerial experience with Swift and Crilly. Blowing hot and cold, and finally the cracks began to show over the last few months. WE STILL ARE one the biggest clubs in junior football, backed by a committed fan base and committee, we shall get our shit together, and come back bigger and stronger.

We now need someone at the helm to guide some of our most gifted players on to better things in the game...........

Silly statement swift been there 5 years nothing to do with inexperienced he certainly isn't that after 5 years!!! Like any manager just had a poor spell that he couldn't get out of!.

Tad inevitable this was coming. Good luck to swift on his future am sure he be back at another club in top level soon enough. Club have massive decision to make. Experienced manager would. R my shout although I want Houston!  Am not sure he wants the job nor am I sure the experience of top level ammies is experience enough to step up to our expectations. Onwards we go 

1 minute ago, Rossiter blue said:

Silly statement swift been there 5 years nothing to do with inexperienced he certainly isn't that after 5 years!!! Like any manager just had a poor spell that he couldn't get out of!.

When we took them on they had NO managerial experience.............why is that a silly statement ??

Poor spell my arse !!! No fight or direction in the team, which rested with management, narrowing the pitch ??? and leaving some of our best players on the bench.

your statement is ridiculous !!!!

Swift has worked hard for Ladeside and no took a wage to give him credit, arrived nearly 5 years ago we were bottom and left us second bottom, has paid over the odds for too many average players who have let him down and failed to find a consistent goalscorer during that time despite signing a shed load of strikers, there will be plenty of interest in job as whoever gets it will get time to turn it round unlike so many other clubs, was about 14 in for it the last time.

That was one of the issues the medda fans had. Took away some of the identity of the club. Training in Glasgow, players with no connection to Irvine.
All very cliched I know but the evidence as to where we ended up is evident for all to see

5 minutes ago, pmk1967 said:

That was one of the issues the medda fans had. Took away some of the identity of the club. Training in Glasgow, players with no connection to Irvine.
All very cliched I know but the evidence as to where we ended up is evident for all to see

All of what you say is true enough but the biggest negative seemed to be the financial uncertainty at Meadow, and that's something Rankine couldn't be faulted for. For a spell he was doing a grand job.

All of what you say is true enough but the biggest negative seemed to be the financial uncertainty at Meadow, and that's something Rankine couldn't be faulted for. For a spell he was doing a grand job.

I'm not disputing the job he did when he started. It's been well documented about financial situation and I agree that it didn't help but it's to be remembered that he also brought in a number of players at I'm sure a fair cost to club.

I'm merely opining that if Ladeside are looking to have more local community identity that Rankine might not be the man. He's a fine manager who knows what's what but he knows more about the Glasgow area than Ayrshire but that was just my opinion.

Archived