Other teams' derbies - who do you root for?

AyrshireTon

9 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Fife derbies are not so cut and dried in terms of the big one. Most EF fans see Raith as our main rivals. Many Raith fans see the Pars game as their big derby, while Pars fans look towards Falkirk as their main rivalry...  

Nah. The Wee Team (Raith) is our derby game, Falkirk fans just want to feel hated by someone, anyone. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back over the past 30 years or so I think it's changed several times - it was Raith (and even Cowdenbeath on occasion) when we were climbing the leagues under Leishman, and then for a spell in the 90s when Jimmy Nichol was at Stark's Park. There were then several years when Falkirk and ourselves were either going for promotion or trying to stay in the league and Falkirk was the biggest game by far (I think games between us held all sorts of lower league attendance records before Rangers mkII came along - was there not a ridiculous 18,000 or something at East End one season?) while Raith had a bit of a slump. Then when we were back in the first division, we had more games v Raith (Falkirk were in the Premier under Hughes before joining us) so that took over as the big game, and then we had that glorious season of all three of us going for the title which saw the Martin Hardie game - Raith were our nearest challengers and that was a massive game so that has re-established itself as the pre-eminent derby game for many Pars fans. I think for us it probably goes Raith->Falkirk-------->Cowdenbeath------------------------------>East Fife.

15 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm shocked Dens to Tannadice is as far as 0.2 miles. We are literally across the road from each other. Arbroath is not a Derby for any of the Dundee clubs.

Not yet...

• 3 months later...

I am encouraged to see that only one person prefers Newcastle over my beloved Sunderland. I have always told people down here that the Scottish people are clever intelligent good looking sorts with impeccable taste and this thread just goes to prove I was right;)

I think for us it probably goes Raith->Falkirk-------->Cowdenbeath------------------------------>East Fife.

Admit it, it's because we always beat you!!![emoji6]

• 1 month later...

Edinburgh Derby- Hearts

El Clasico- Both clubs going out of business

London Derby- All clubs going out of business except West Ham

Birmingham Derby- Villa

Istanbul Derby- Galatasaray

Manchester Derby- Both clubs going out of business

Liverpool-Man United- Both clubs going out of business.

4 minutes ago, thekorean said:

Edinburgh Derby- Hearts

Birmingham Derby- Villa

You thought about changing your name to the north korean? 

2 hours ago, thekorean said:

Edinburgh Derby- Hearts

Birmingham Derby- Villa

Who is your pick when Edinburgh teams play Queen's Park at Hampden?

Archived