Stephen Port, serial killer

ICTChris

14 hours ago, ICTChris said:

In among the rather grim news today is the conviction of Stephen Port on four murder charges, alongside a slew of date rape and sexual assault charges.

It seems that Port, who constructed a puffed up online persona, picked up young men on Grindr and fulfilled his sexual fantasies of having sex with drugged young men. This lead on to him murdering his victims. Most remarkably, he dumped the bodies close to his flat, personally rang 999 to report one of thr bodies and hand wrote a fake suicide note to put in ones pocket, even writing "don't blame the guy I was with tonight". A true insight into the sick mind of murderer and shocking incompetence by the police.

Any P&Bers ever... Actually no I won't try that one.

Just last month another Grindr user was convicted of killing and dismembering someone he met on that app - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37717676

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, throbber said:

I hadn't quite got that part yesterday until I read the full story on the BBC app just there. What an utter psychopath.

Apparently dozens of deaths in London just written off as GBH overdoses...

Apparently dozens of deaths in London just written off as GBH overdoses...

Madness. Watch the video on the BBC app if you haven't seen it yet. The same woman found two of the bodies in the exact same spot!

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Madness. Watch the video on the BBC app if you haven't seen it yet. The same woman found two of the bodies in the exact same spot!

Met Police didn't give a f**k really. Putting the tinfoil hat you wonder how far this kinda thing reaches. Sticking to the facts it is as you say, madness.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38045742

But Barking and Dagenham Police, despite again seeking advice from a homicide assessment team, deemed the death non-suspicious and accepted the note at face value.

The prosecution told Port's eventual trial that detectives neither fully investigated Whitworth's movements in the hours before his death nor tried to find the person referred to in the note as "the guy I was with last night".

Had they done so it would have led them to Stephen Port.

Port's DNA was on the blue bedsheet, on Whitworth's body and on his clothes. It was also on a sleeve that the note was found in. The police already had his DNA on their database.

Great work from Inspector Knacker!

I'm not sure I want to agree that they don't give a f**k, they are more likely stretched far more than they should be with their budget getting constantly cut under this Tory government.

Still madness that friends of the victims were having to chase the police up to do their job though and still a total balls up.

Hopefully the BBC will produce a seedy documentary on the case soon. It's not just Chris who had a morbid interest in this sort of thing!

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

I'm not sure I want to agree that they don't give a f**k, they are more likely stretched far more than they should be with their budget getting constantly cut under this Tory government.

Still madness that friends of the victims were having to chase the police up to do their job though and still a total balls up.

Hopefully the BBC will produce a seedy documentary on the case soon. It's not just Chris who had a morbid interest in this sort of thing!

f**k off with that shite, they were either useless or didn't give a f**k.

Just now, throbber said:

I said it was a f**k up rather than them not giving a f**k!

It was really the budgetary excuse I was attacking not the rest, I should have bolded it.

It was really the budgetary excuse I was attacking not the rest, I should have bolded it.

It's true though the police suffer massive cuts and things like this are going to be a consequence of that. It's not even up for debate.

Just now, throbber said:

It's true though the police suffer massive cuts and things like this are going to be a consequence of that. It's not even up for debate.

It almost certainly is up for debate, being useless or disinterested has nothing to do with budgets, the budget was big enough to pay those involved, in Glasgow we've had police being sent out specifically to catch people for dodgy parking and similar, f**k the parking, try and catch those that think nothing of carrying or using a knife.

5 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It almost certainly is up for debate, being useless or disinterested has nothing to do with budgets, the budget was big enough to pay those involved, in Glasgow we've had police being sent out specifically to catch people for dodgy parking and similar, f**k the parking, try and catch those that think nothing of carrying or using a knife.

Said Ayrmad, tucking a copy of the Daily Mail under his arm.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Said Ayrmad, tucking a copy of the Daily Mail under his arm.

Never purchased it in my life, nice try though, I'm sure you'll get a wee metaphorical pat on the back from one of your chums on here.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

Never purchased it in my life, nice try though, I'm sure you'll get a wee metaphorical pat on the back from one of your chums on here.

It's what gets me up in the morning.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Why would they notify the LGBT community if they didn't suspect there was a murderer on the loose?

If only they'd asked the kids at the local primary.

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

Why would they notify the LGBT community if they didn't suspect there was a murderer on the loose?

Easy in hindsight but even the danger of this drug and potential situations seemed very risky. Port seemed to have quite the little network going on. He was a pimp and had an associate who had a ready supply of GBH available. Is he maybe just the tip of the iceberg?

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

No doubt.

In all seriousness, blaming Police for focusing on minor crimes is up there with the "they were probably bullied at school line", or "should be catching real criminals" after being caught doing 80 mph in a 40 zone.  

You're a taxi driver, aren't you?

Carry on.

Archived