Club Shirts At Scotland Matches

Frank Booth

I know it's not etched in stone anywhere about not wearing club shirts to Scotland games but I hope the 3 Mor*on fans who were wearing the blue tartan shirts enjoyed my rendition of "Soapdodging b*****ds...you're only soapdodging b*****ds" yesterday in Battlefield Rd. :rolleyes:

C'mon guys...would it be that hard to wear a Scotland shirt to a Scotland game? :blink:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it's not etched in stone anywhere about not wearing club shirts to Scotland games but I hope the 3 Mor*on fans who were wearing the blue tartan shirts enjoyed my rendition of "Soapdodging b*****ds...you're only soapdodging b*****ds" yesterday in Battlefield Rd. :rolleyes:

C'mon guys...would it be that hard to wear a Scotland shirt to a Scotland game? :blink:

663570[/snapback]

Saw a couple of the tartan tops yesterday as well. Also a Celtic away top (the one that looks like an Ireland top) and a Barcelona strip!! :blink:

Also remember seeing a hooped M*rt*n shirt in Cardiff after the Wales game last year. It inspired a chorus of "Cheer up Rajamaki" from us passing by :D

Saw a Falkirk flag at trackside on the B.T. stand, near the Rangers end. I'm a proud Bairn, but please keep all club flags/emblems/tops for club games. Even on the train home their was a group of neds singing Motherwell songs, slagging off other teams. Now that did piss me off. You see this sort of thing at England games all the time. I don't want to see it rearing it's ugly head here.

My favourate one was when Scotland played Holland in Arnhem a few years ago in a friendly. Scotland were killing the game at 0-0 and the guy standing next to me shouted "F*ck sake Scotland, stop playing this Falkirk football". I looked at him, and said "per chance are you a Dunfy supporter"? To which he said "How the f*ck would you know that". I said "Cos I'm a Bairn, try leaving that stuff for back home". :angry:

663570[/snapback]

Not everyone gets the chance to buy a knocked off Scotland top in Paisley you know....... ;)

I have never worn a Pars top to a Scotland game, seems daft. However, if I was an Orc or a Tim and supported Scotland I might be tempted to wear my club top to a Scotland game to show that it is possible to support the OF and Scotland. It must get right on their nerves, everybody who supports a non-OF team shouting at them about wishing they were English/Irish.

Somebody in a caley top behind me on Saturday. I should be bigger than to let it affect me but I really don't understand why anyone wears a club top to a Scotland game. Surely the point is for us all to unite for a country and not display our little factions?

Somebody in a caley top behind me on Saturday. I should be bigger than to let it affect me but I really don't understand why anyone wears a club top to a Scotland game. Surely the point is for us all to unite for a country and not display our little factions?

664447[/snapback]

Who gies a f***?

Is it not a chance to show that fans of every club can come together and support our nation? If someone had a Rangers top on next to me and was getting behind Scotland I would have no problem.

Are people who wear their club tops engaging in club songs/debates?

Who gies a f***?

Is it not a chance to show that fans of every club can come together and support our nation?  If someone had a Rangers top on next to me and was getting behind Scotland I would have no problem.

Are people who wear their club tops engaging in club songs/debates?

664458[/snapback]

I feel the same - it doesnt bother me in the slightest.

I wore a Falkirk top to Wembley in Euro 96.

663570[/snapback]

the last scotland game i was at the only club top i saw was a st mirren one, do you regard one of your fellow buddies as a soapdodging b@stard?

as skinnyjean says some folk need to get off the moral high ground, the folk displaying club colours are there to support the team like you or I, and thats the important thing

fcuks sake, whats the big deal with the Falkirk flag? its the same colours as the national flag so stop being so petty!

The whole point of the "no club tops" rule is that it is to try and get away from the club rivalries in particular all the shite that surrounds the auld infirm. Why should there be one rule for Rangers and Celtic fans and another rule for the rest of us.

the last scotland game i was at the only club top i saw was a st mirren one, do you regard one of your fellow buddies as a soapdodging b@stard?

664470[/snapback]

Of course not, he

a) wouldn't be a Mor*on fan and

b ) Wouldn't be from Greenock*

*probably.

fcuks sake, whats the big deal with the Falkirk flag? its the same colours as the national flag so stop being so petty!

664470[/snapback]

What was the falkirk flag coloured pantone 300? Two morton supporters in the South stand re-enacted their recent CIS cup defeat by leavingb early, maybe they were trying to slip out early to avoid a slagging for their hideous shirts.

Archived