Juniors in the big Scottish do we deserve to be there?

Dipple burn

24 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Exactly and well said and they're simply obsessed , well done to Bonnyrigg rose last night and I will be very interested to see how they get on against hibs who are a top championship side , personally I hope they beat hibs but that one is as tough as it comes, 

At home they have very good chance 

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

At home they have very good chance 

Will it not be switched mate? I thought I read somewhere that when it comes to the 4th round then it would get switched to another senior ground but I could be wrong though.

I think if Talbot were drawn at home to hearts rather than away then it would have went to rugby park or Somersett but not 100% certain. 

7 hours ago, cpal said:

It'll come not before too long. Congratulations to Bonnyrigg Rose, their hard working committee, players & staff. Pity U don't meet Stirling Albion or you wld be looking forward to a 5th rd tie. They were gash at Linlithgow with a smash n' grab win having been outplayed for almost the entire 95 mins. Arrogant supporters into the bargain. "UP THE JUNIORS".

:lol:

0-3. GIRFUY

If you take the Hertha  post in isolation to the thread, about a great juniors victory against a senior team, it was fine, if you then add in the comparison between Morton and Dunbarton, it was fine, he could have said more, this however would have taken away from a brilliant victory for a great junior team over many years, just like Auchinleck have been and are. But some of the comments from the Talbot fans appear at odds with a well meant post. Taking this a stage further, BRR now move on to Hibs, they could cause an upset, they might get thumped, however the glory is theirs in achieving what they have already, pretty much what H was eluding to, no doubt the Talbot fans that seem to continue to be upset about his post  will wish to make their usual insightful comments!

Well done the Rose and commiserations to Beith.  Beith no doubt gave their all but were up against one of the best teams in the Championship. The Rose earned their crack at Hibs and I hope they do the Juniors proud. As a Talbot supporter I can only look on with envy because my club used to be in these situations but our recent showings have been well below par. It's games like the two Junior clubs were involved in that always stick in your mind. I have great memories of the big Scottish that will live with me for ever.

Need to stop fighting amongst ourselves and start to promote the Junior Game, from top to bottom it is the best value for money you will get.

The history behind the junior game and all the teams what the teams mean to each community.

Of course the juniors deserve to be in the big Scottish Cup why not, they bring a commitment and passion that sadly is lacking in most senior teams.   

If you take the Hertha  post in isolation to the thread, about a great juniors victory against a senior team, it was fine, if you then add in the comparison between Morton and Dunbarton, it was fine, he could have said more, this however would have taken away from a brilliant victory for a great junior team over many years, just like Auchinleck have been and are. But some of the comments from the Talbot fans appear at odds with a well meant post. Taking this a stage further, BRR now move on to Hibs, they could cause an upset, they might get thumped, however the glory is theirs in achieving what they have already, pretty much what H was eluding to, no doubt the Talbot fans that seem to continue to be upset about his post  will wish to make their usual insightful comments!

You don't need to change the font to put your view across my friend. Could he have just congratulated them? Answer is yes. What he did was attempt to turn a great night for BRR and compare it to your heavy loss. As already said time and a place and his first post was comparison. Dear oh f***ing dear[emoji36]

Defend him all you want my friend he will get no favour on how I view him.

Love the well put out & well debated points on here & other threads from tweedledumb & theeedledee. Never any thought into having a debate or seeing others point of view . It's posters like them who give the juniors the Thickos tag from certain quarters . Hopefully the mods will soon wisen onto their bullying tactics & either have a word or remove them all together. Best thing others can do is just ignore them & they will eventually go away

Maybe we can concentrate on laughing at The Moonster, the Dumbarton fan who was hear to "punch holes" in our posts, until his team promptly fell down a very large hole a matter of hours later.......talk about timing.

On another note, someone mentioned above that Sunnybank's win at Albion Rovers a few seasons back was also deserving of being highlighted. Now I don't know their resources at the time, but Sunnybank did take a bit of a financial crash, I think the season afterwards, from memory maybe after an SFA fine?

16 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

The point is there is no pyramid north of the Tay, there has been no change and licenced clubs cannot gain access.

The SFA don't shout about that when talking about their great new pyramid.

The SJFA is part of the SFA and also based at Hampden. The SJFA have as much to answer for licencing and criteria as the SFA. And I've said it already the HL member clubs decide on who gets to play in their league, the SFA only set the criteria. What has the SFA got to do with lack of a promotion/relegation system in the HL?

When the HL members agreed to expand the league by three clubs to give the league an even number plus two more clubs, the three licenced Junior clubs gained access to a semi pro football league. So licenced clubs do have access, if the league are happy with the standards of these new clubs.

Ideally I would like to see an Highland League made up of two leagues of more than 10 teams in each since there is a large gulf between top and bottom of the HL, though there is little difference in the mid table pack between the teams it would make sense. But its the member clubs who decided not to do this not the SFA the league has little to do with them on who is allowed to play in that set up other than providing a criteria to gain a licence. If you want to point a finger at anyone you should point it at the clubs who make up the HL, their chairmen sit on the league committee. Ask them why there is no system in place to allow a team in the league structure for any potential feeder league title winner to win promotion.

What is your stance on the EOSL league or SOSL, do you think there should be access via promotion from both West and East Juniors or should it be more 'meets criteria' based?

Maybe the West and East Juniors should feed the LL directly without having to go through those two leagues (North of the Tay teams not included as they should have access to moving up into the HL) ?

I mentioned that you watch the progress of Colony Park, but also watch the progress of Montrose Roselea who might have seen the North Juniors as a faster way to access fifth tier football in ready for any change or expansion in members of the HL, instead of waiting to see what would happen behind bigger clubs in the East Juniors they've been proactive and seen an opportunity to progress. I'm sure other Junior clubs north of the Tay will be watching with interest to see how this progresses.

16 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Maybe we can concentrate on laughing at The Moonster, the Dumbarton fan who was hear to "punch holes" in our posts, until his team promptly fell down a very large hole a matter of hours later.......talk about timing.

Laugh away. I was well aware that Dumbarton could be pumped out of the cup when I made my posts, and as I've said it doesn't change what I've said.  My argument was about Junior clubs wanting their cake and eating it in regards to getting the best bits of the seniors (money spinning Scottish Cup ties) but also keeping the bits they like about the juniors (not bothering to join the senior set up) and how shite excuses are thrown up in regards to the latter. You've desperately tried to turn this into me saying that Juniors don't deserve to be in the cup, it's quite the opposite - they should be in the cup, but they should also be part of the senior league set up.

We've been on the end of enough embarrassing defeats for me to be bothered about strangers laughing at us on the internet. I've already congratulated Bonnyrigg and their fans on their excellent showings, I'm not one to hide.

On 04/12/2016 at 10:02, dt17 said:

What a stupid thread & stupid post.

Having already seen Morton they aren't a non entity.Was Quitongo playing?.If teams want to play in the junior cup they should turn senior and play on a level playing field regarding admission prices and other overheads. Having watched juniors for the last umpteen years and now watching senior football there is no comparison.Senior football provides a much better spectacle.

The SJFA is part of the SFA and also based at Hampden. The SJFA have as much to answer for licencing and criteria as the SFA. And I've said it already the HL member clubs decide on who gets to play in their league, the SFA only set the criteria. What has the SFA got to do with lack of a promotion/relegation system in the HL?

When the HL members agreed to expand the league by three clubs to give the league an even number plus two more clubs, the three licenced Junior clubs gained access to a semi pro football league. So licenced clubs do have access, if the league are happy with the standards of these new clubs.

Ideally I would like to see an Highland League made up of two leagues of more than 10 teams in each since there is a large gulf between top and bottom of the HL, though there is little difference in the mid table pack between the teams it would make sense. But its the member clubs who decided not to do this not the SFA the league has little to do with them on who is allowed to play in that set up other than providing a criteria to gain a licence. If you want to point a finger at anyone you should point it at the clubs who make up the HL, their chairmen sit on the league committee. Ask them why there is no system in place to allow a team in the league structure for any potential feeder league title winner to win promotion.

What is your stance on the EOSL league or SOSL, do you think there should be access via promotion from both West and East Juniors or should it be more 'meets criteria' based?

Maybe the West and East Juniors should feed the LL directly without having to go through those two leagues (North of the Tay teams not included as they should have access to moving up into the HL) ?

I mentioned that you watch the progress of Colony Park, but also watch the progress of Montrose Roselea who might have seen the North Juniors as a faster way to access fifth tier football in ready for any change or expansion in members of the HL, instead of waiting to see what would happen behind bigger clubs in the East Juniors they've been proactive and seen an opportunity to progress. I'm sure other Junior clubs north of the Tay will be watching with interest to see how this progresses.

You didn't really answer the question. If we have a Pyramid in Scotland, then how do Banks O'Dee access it? They have a full SFA Licence.

The fact is, there is no Pyramid in the north of Scotland, the HL is a closed shop but the SFA appear to be unwilling to do anything about it despite their President being in charge at a HL club.

On your other point, the Juniors should be equal partners with HL/LL clubs when it comes to the Pyramid, but that is another debate.

Laugh away. I was well aware that Dumbarton could be pumped out of the cup when I made my posts, and as I've said it doesn't change what I've said.  My argument was about Junior clubs wanting their cake and eating it in regards to getting the best bits of the seniors (money spinning Scottish Cup ties) but also keeping the bits they like about the juniors (not bothering to join the senior set up) and how shite excuses are thrown up in regards to the latter. You've desperately tried to turn this into me saying that Juniors don't deserve to be in the cup, it's quite the opposite - they should be in the cup, but they should also be part of the senior league set up.

We've been on the end of enough embarrassing defeats for me to be bothered about strangers laughing at us on the internet. I've already congratulated Bonnyrigg and their fans on their excellent showings, I'm not one to hide.

I haven't tried to turn it into anything, your contributions to this thread are there for all to see and amusingly it turned into one massive custard pie for you.

Oh and as I said, financially planning for your club to be in the next round is a dangerous game to play.......

Having already seen Morton they aren't a non entity.Was Quitongo playing?.If teams want to play in the junior cup they should turn senior and play on a level playing field regarding admission prices and other overheads. Having watched juniors for the last umpteen years and now watching senior football there is no comparison.Senior football provides a much better spectacle.

Sorry what? That doesn't quite make sense (bearing in mind I'm running on 3 hours sleep). Why should they turn senior to play in the junior cup? The admission prices would open up the next can of worms. The Juniors are good value for money with a £6 entry fee. Good game then you have got more than your money's worth, shite game then what is £6 but a couple of pints? If going by what some senior fans posters think then increasing entry to say £15 roughly? (Not sure of the exact prices) then less people may go and watch. Which in turn could cripple a junior team financially. Obviously if a pyramid system opened up and the team made it high up the pyramid then you could get away with the increase

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I haven't tried to turn it into anything, your contributions to this thread are there for all to see and amusingly it turned into one massive custard pie for you.

Oh and as I said, financially planning for your club to be in the next round is a dangerous game to play.......

Maybe if you keep repeating that it will end up being true.

It's a gamble that didn't pay off and the gaffer could now pay for it with his job. The way we've planned our budgets has allowed us to operate in the Championship for the last 5 seasons as one of the only part time clubs and cement ourselves as the best part time team in the country for the entirety of that time, I think we'll manage just fine.  I await your hilarious reply of "if you're the best in the country then the seniors really are shite lol". 

Maybe if you keep repeating that it will end up being true.

It's a gamble that didn't pay off and the gaffer could now pay for it with his job. The way we've planned our budgets has allowed us to operate in the Championship for the last 5 seasons as one of the only part time clubs and cement ourselves as the best part time team in the country for the entirety of that time, I think we'll manage just fine.  I await your hilarious reply of "if you're the best in the country then the seniors really are shite lol". 

Basing budgets on income that is not guaranteed eg cup runs, is bad financial planning. Whether or not is not it hurts you isn't the point, at some point it will.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Basing budgets on income that is not guaranteed eg cup runs, is bad financial planning. Whether or not is not it hurts you isn't the point, at some point it will.

Honestly, I think I'll trust our board and supporters representative, who in the last 10 years has eradicated our debt and helped the club climb to where we are now over a junior fan from the internet who knows nothing about our budgetary make up.

Archived