Airdrie v Stenny

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stenhensmuir were set up first and foremost to frustrate us and play their way into the match and it worked. The number 10 for stenny was outstanding. The team had been doing very well recently up untill today and i just hope they show character next week and bounce back.

54 minutes ago, carlukediamond said:

The ref made a few errors what game were you watching. The referee was a fucking joke, he shouldn't be allowed to referee table football

Aye mate. It's 100% the ref's fault that we got our arses handed to us of a piss poor Stenny. 

As I said, he made a few mistakes but the way some of our fans paint it it's like he deliberately set out to see us beat. We contributed to our own downfall and the players need to look at themselves after being arse raped from relegation fodder.

1 hour ago, Pesadilla said:

HAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously man. The crowd were far more wound up than Ryan or Russell.  Some actually quite idiotic shouts today as the theme seemed to be that we'd a ref that was against us. He made a few errors but it's still up to us as a team not to get smashed by Stenhouse-fucking-muir. We're a mile ahead of them on points but they were light years in front of us today on the park.

One small addendum: Last Sunday, Airdrie were 1/3 at the bookies for this match. Today, 4/6. Thats a big betting pattern. May mean nothing but......

What has that got to do with anything? I'm talking about what I saw on the pitch. Apart from the Boateng second yellow the referee was standard fare, which was my entire point, the players lost the head for no reason. I've no idea what a portion of raging fans - that end every game raging at the referee regardless - have to do with anything and why you would compare them to professional footballers who should be way better than a bunch of seethers in the stand. They were light years ahead of us on the park from 20 minutes onwards because the players lost it mentally when a couple of decisions seemed to go against them. I'd say that's undeniable to anyone who watched the game.

Aye mate. It's 100% the ref's fault that we got our arses handed to us of a piss poor Stenny. 
As I said, he made a few mistakes but the way some of our fans paint it it's like he deliberately set out to see us beat. We contributed to our own downfall and the players need to look at themselves after being arse raped from relegation fodder.

I'm not saying it was 100% the refs fault. yes we were shite. But it was more than just a few mistakes the ref made. It's not the first time he's refereed our games and its not the first time he's been shite and showed bias against us

19 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

What has that got to do with anything? I'm talking about what I saw on the pitch. Apart from the Boateng second yellow the referee was standard fare, which was my entire point, the players lost the head for no reason. I've no idea what a portion of raging fans - that end every game raging at the referee regardless - have to do with anything and why you would compare them to professional footballers who should be way better than a bunch of seethers in the stand. They were light years ahead of us on the park from 20 minutes onwards because the players lost it mentally when a couple of decisions seemed to go against them. I'd say that's undeniable to anyone who watched the game.

Disagree. Russell lost the head a little and got shouted down from the stands. This game wasn't lost by the players losing the nut. It was a lack of heart. We got equal numbers of fouls and only Boateng to my reckoning was booked. The stats are inconsistent with your argument.

Facts are, folk in the stands got beeling about one or two decisions and from there there's a perception that everything is against you. The players might have sensed this and folded. If they did, they're not the type of players we need.

Either way, we should be beating Stenny on current form and we didn't. 

3 minutes ago, carlukediamond said:

I'm not saying it was 100% the refs fault. yes we were shite. But it was more than just a few mistakes the ref made. It's not the first time he's refereed our games and its not the first time he's been shite and showed bias against us

Genuinely man, I don't think there's a ref out there that cares enough about Airdrie to be biased against us.

Specific players might raise their hackles based on past experience but what you've said there is based on nothing. If you've evidence of bias though....go ahead....lets hear it...

Genuinely man, I don't think there's a ref out there that cares enough about Airdrie to be biased against us.
Specific players might raise their hackles based on past experience but what you've said there is based on nothing. If you've evidence of bias though....go ahead....lets hear it...

Any time he's in charge against us he gives us nothing, how many fouls did stenny commit today and get away with then as soon as Airdrie go anywhere near a stenny player he gives a foul and the bookings he gave out today for what there wasn't a bad tackle. He was the same in the livi game at the start of the season. He's just a useless referee

The ref clearly had it in for Russell right from the start but that may be Russell's own fault based on his reputation. In my view the decision to order off Boateng was a disgrace. Having read the report on the OS there is no mention of Ryan being sent off. Can someone definitely confirm it?

1 minute ago, carlukediamond said:

Any time he's in charge against us he gives us nothing, how many fouls did stenny commit today and get away with then as soon as Airdrie go anywhere near a stenny player he gives a foul and the bookings he gave out today for what there wasn't a bad tackle. He was the same in the livi game at the start of the season. He's just a useless referee

That's not evidence though. That's perception. I said I think he got probably both Boateng bookings wrong but there's a lot of unneccessary seethe here. 

It was the players that lost this. Not the ref.

2 hours ago, waysider said:

If Ryan was sent off that's the icing on the cake. I agree with Diamonds are Forever. It's one thing getting booked or sent off for a mistimed tackle but mouthing is something else.

Don't expect that Wilson will consider himself experienced enough to do something about it but I hope Dalziel has the guts to hit Russell and Ryan in the pocket. 

When he returns from Ibrox??

am I the only person still thinks it's ridiculous that the DoF is at another teams game ? 

4 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Disagree. Russell lost the head a little and got shouted down from the stands. This game wasn't lost by the players losing the nut. It was a lack of heart. We got equal numbers of fouls and only Boateng to my reckoning was booked. The stats are inconsistent with your argument.

Facts are, folk in the stands got beeling about one or two decisions and from there there's a perception that everything is against you. The payers might have sensed this and folded. If they did, they're not the type of players we need.

Either way, we should be beating Stenny on current form and we didn't. 

I don't have that perception in the slightest, I'm as far from one of those perma-raging at the referee fans that you'll get. Like I said I thought the referee got the Boateng decision wrong, other than that it was a normal refereeing performance at this level, which is why I'm frustrated at the lack of maturity shown by the players, they displayed exactly the 'everything is against us' attitude that some of the fans felt. Russell and MacDonald were booked, Russell for mouthing off at a perceived injustice , not sure if Ryan did get sent-off or not but if he did, given Russell's booking too, it absolutely would back up my argument if he was. Regardless of that though, I don't mean losing it mentally as in going round and booting players for the entire game, I mean losing concentration because you are arguing with officials and team-mates, or feeling sorry for yourself because you feel the referee is against you, or in Ryan's case having a go at Boateng to the point where Boateng went to confront him when he was sent-off.

We have a young team so to some extent you expect that, but the 'senior' players with more influence have more responsibility to set the tone for the team, and I felt Ryan and Russell were particularly poor with that today. Like I said in my original post, we have a real lack of leadership on the park, Russell isn't a captain but in fairness there is no-one else.

1 hour ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Do you think that can go on mate?   i stick to the horses as I think footy is as bent as f**k.

Just seen this.

I've been "given" a few lower league bets over the years, mostly involving East Stirling, Annan and the like. Never us. 

3 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I don't have that perception in the slightest, I'm as far from one of those perma-raging at the referee fans that you'll get. Like I said I thought the referee got the Boateng decision wrong, other than that it was a normal refereeing performance at this level, which is why I'm frustrated at the lack of maturity shown by the players, they displayed exactly the 'everything is against us' attitude that some of the fans felt. Russell and MacDonald were booked, Russell for mouthing off at a perceived injustice , not sure if Ryan did get sent-off or not but if he did, given Russell's booking too, it absolutely would back up my argument if he was. Regardless of that though, I don't mean losing it mentally as in going round and booting players for the entire game, I mean losing concentration because you are arguing with officials and team-mates, or feeling sorry for yourself because you feel the referee is against you, or in Ryan's case having a go at Boateng to the point where Boateng went to confront him when he was sent-off.

We have a young team so to some extent you expect that, but the 'senior' players with more influence have more responsibility to set the tone for the team, and I felt Ryan and Russell were particularly poor with that today. Like I said in my original post, we have a real lack of leadership on the park, Russell isn't a captain but in fairness there is no-one else.

We aint going to agree on this. 

If I were on the park I'd have been shouting at Boateng as he looked like he was gonna go for it and get a quadruple red.

Russell was fine after being shouted down from the stands.

The foul stats are fairly equal. We didn't have the heart for one reason or another. IMO we were done at 2-0. Boateng going off only cemented that.

That's not evidence though. That's perception. I said I think he got probably both Boateng bookings wrong but there's a lot of unneccessary seethe here. 
It was the players that lost this. Not the ref.

He got everything wrong !!! which in turn got to the players who's heads dropped and some lost there heads some just disappeared. Which is unacceptable I agree. But with a better referee it might and would have been different

4 minutes ago, carlukediamond said:

He got everything wrong !!! which in turn got to the players who's heads dropped and some lost there heads some just disappeared. Which is unacceptable I agree. But with a better referee it might and would have been different

It really wouldn't. If "Bo" would have stayed on it might have got to 7.

I'm really concerned about the margin of defeat and the difference in performance. Apart from the first ten, we were shite.

The betting pattern is a concern. 

Archived