The Big One - Killie v ICT

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst refereeing performance I've witnessed for many years. The clown looked totally out of his depth and made baffling decisions against both teams.

Missed a blatant handball in the box in the first half.

He couldn't even count FFS! When stepping out the yards for free kicks he did a couple of 8s and 9s, so considering how small his legs looked, the walls were sometimes only about 7-8 yards from the ball.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Worst refereeing performance I've witnessed for many years. The clown looked totally out of his depth and made baffling decisions against both teams.

He couldn't even count FFS! When stepping out the yards for free kicks he did a couple of 8s and 9s, so considering how small his legs looked, the walls were sometimes only about 7-8 yards from the ball.

Nick Walsh, not a ref I'm familiar with.

Had a check, this was the fourth official McGhee had a problem with last April. Comes across as another young card happy SFA robot who quickly wants to make a name for himself. Issues being not communicating with players, managers etc.

3 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

If that's the claim from your lad trying to cross the ball and it hitting Mckay then that was never a handball. Absolutely no chance it was deliberate. Looked like more of a handball when Coulibaly took the ball down when he scored the opener. Still, poor defending from Polworth to let him cut back inside and Fon Williams beaten again at his near post.

Really poor game overall. We lacked any attacking intent in the first half and seemed to have no plan for most of the game other than lump balls towards Doumbouya and Fisher. It was desperate stuff. Second half was a bit better but still we lacked an real incisive play in the final third. We seem to absolutely refuse to try and use our wingers and try and cross the ball into the box for the striker to attack.

Looked like atrocious marking for our equaliser. Warren seemed to get in between two Kille players and still had a free header to plant the ball past MacDonald. Think we deserved a draw but there's a lot of concerns there for me from an ICT point of view. 

Injuries really disrupted us today. Doumbouya, Horner and Mckay all taken off. Our reorganisation was a bit odd. Polworth at right back was strange. Far rather have Meekings there, drop Draper into defence and stick Polworth into midfield. He (Polworth) seemed to be one of the very few ICT players willing to carry the ball forward instead of battering it towards Fisher. Massively underwhelming first half performance, slightly improved second half but there's a lot of work to be done specifically in terms of our attacking play. We remain one dimensional, predictable and largely toothless.

I think that's the worst ICT team I've ever seen.

Killie weren't that much better. The handball looked like ball to hand for me, didn't see the Couly one,

How about the foul that Walsh gave against Tyson when Tyson tried to get out of the way of a defender swiping at him, and then booking McKenzie for his reaction?!?!

Refereeing performance is apt to distract us from what was a poor performance today. Strange mix of disappointed to lose two points after going ahead against a poor ICT side - and pleased because these are exactly the kind of games we would have lost last season.

I don't think MacDonald was quite his usual self today, perhaps he had a knock or something - would explain him losing such an uncharacteristically soft one.

Nick Walsh, not a ref I'm familiar with.
Had a check, this was the fourth official McGhee had a problem with last April. Comes across as another young card happy SFA robot who quickly wants to make a name for himself. Issues being not communicating with players, managers etc.

He's had a bit of a meteoric rise through the ranks. He was refereeing junior football in 2013. He was actually a very good referee at that level and good communication was one of his strong points believe it or not. Maybe he's been pushed too soon?

That was utter dogshit. To some extent, the chance of either team building any real momentum in the first half was disrupted by the stoppages for Mckay's smashed nose, but most of the second half was as bad. By about the hour mark it looked like both sides were just content to hoof the ball into the air and see where it landed. We did try a bit of trademark 'passing football' for about ten minutes, but the execution was frequently dreadful: players trying little flicks or lay-offs without actually looking to see where their target was, and so conceding possession cheaply. Coulibaly's goal looked a cracker, and if it had won the game I couldn't have complained, but Killie weren't much better than us, tbh.

To cap it all, I went to the toilet during the second half, and as I was passing through the tea bar, two stewards and four staff were standing there, and I made some cretinous remark like 'Well, it looks like more fun in here than it is out there!' and they all just looked at me like 'Who is this p***k?' and said nothing, and I had to skulk back through feeling about two inches tall when I'd finished. A shite day.

Teams have to try and serve up better games than that. I actually don't mind if the game is shite as long as its a lack of technique that's the issue. When its because both teams are just launching it up in the air, I find it soul destroying. 

Who actually wants to spend their hard earned wedge travelling and watching that. 

Managers, players and refs should be pretty unhappy with themselves today. 

As for us, our midfield is soft, slow and bereft of any attacking nous. Tyson will run and harrass defenders all day. He's not much use when the ball is launched at him. 

Central defence was on when everyone was fit. Now no-one is fit its worrying. ICT were too shut to take advantage but other will. 

Inverness didn't even seem physically dominant, which they have been over us for a long time. I thought they were the poorer of the two teams. However, that's like saying I prefer shite to vomit. 

1 hour ago, theauldyin said:

Got to say we were poor, but inverness ! came to spoil the game, timewasting, players going down  like a carpet , overall a f@@king joke of a team not that the so called ref helped he was a joke as well 

Yeah we really committed big time to the old faking an injury thing even going as far as to make three subs because of injuries which were just faked as well.

16 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

I've often wondered about this . Should refs have their inside leg measurements taken taken to ensure that 10 paces will equal 10 yds?

Shitfest of a game. Referee wanted to be star attraction too which didn't help.

Worst Inverness team I can remember seeing and the fact we couldn't beat them speaks volumes. We have zero creativity in that team, absolutely zilch.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Shite game. Shite referee. two moderately shite teams.

We should all have gone to Fannys and stayed there until 5pm.

Totally agree although we were ushered into the family room in the Portman. :angel Only one thing puzzles me - How did Mary Hill guess Bahram Fetai so feckin quickly and how did Red Card win the first scorer again. :whistle

Archived