Most iconic game of the 21st century?

12 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Apart from a 1929 East Of Scotland Shield the only 4-4 game was Jan 2 2003

It's the one that was 2-2 until Hibs scored in the 89th and 91st

It's also the reason why you should never leave a football game early

http://londonhearts.com/scores/games/200301021.html

I remember the 2003 game where hibs fans are singing happy new year . 4-2 with 90 seconds to go only for hearts to score two goals . But there was no rangers and Celtic game that week as far as I recall , we played Celtic in early December at ibrox and won 3-2 and the don't think played them again till March so was just wondering what the hibs poster was talking about in regards to newspaper build up etc 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, 210516 said:

That is all well and good friend.  Unfortunately our loan squad assembled  by Paddy Boy (was in the same boozer as me before THE final) lost to our rivals, who's squad was assembled by ripping off businesses and charities that then went into administration lost that final.  And it was shite, and it was humiliation.  Probably not as bad as almost going out of business and having begging buckets at Tynie.  We finally won it, in the best way possible and it sickens you mate.  That makes me happy.

It would also be incredibly hard to face Hearts in the final of the Scottish since 2012 considering we have knocked them out twice since then and Hearts have failed to win a single round in the other 2 years. 

That worked out just terribly in the end, didn't it? greggy.png

We can't help the fact we draw Celtic all the time and don't regularly get the easiest draw imaginable, friend.

Best possible way - beating another Championship club instead of your city rivals who taunt you the most. :lol:

3 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

John McGinn has won the league cup more times than your pathetic mob in most of our lifetimes. 55 whole years :lol:

Still won it more times than Hibs. eMlO2Ay.png

2 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

5-1 is most iconic to Hearts fans. 3-2 is most iconic to everyone else. Hearts fans struggling to come to terms with this fact it seems.

It happened six months ago. Not really hard to understand why when it's fresh in the memory, m8. In a few years time it will be a mere after thought.

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

That worked out just terribly in the end, didn't it? greggy.png

We can't help the fact we draw Celtic all the time and don't regularly get the easiest draw imaginable, friend.

Best possible way - beating another Championship club instead of your city rivals who taunt you the most. :lol:

Still won it more times than Hibs. eMlO2Ay.png

It happened six months ago. Not really hard to understand why when it's fresh in the memory, m8. In a few years time it will be a mere after thought.

I doubt it will be a mere afterthought in all honesty , many people still wax lyrical about the Motherwell Scottish cup win in 1991 before I was even born . The win for hibs is their equivalent to your win against us in 1998 

3 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Will it f**k :lol: 

It will be talked about for decades and you know it.

greggy.png

"By Hibs fans."

Do people actually care about other teams winning cups? Strange behaviour. Nice to see them beat the Old Firm on the day but it's not your own team, is it?

3 minutes ago, Elixir said:

"By Hibs fans."

Do people actually care about other teams winning cups? Strange behaviour. Nice to see them beat the Old Firm on the day but it's not your own team, is it?

Are you pretending you "don't care" that we won the Big Cup?

Image result for why you always lying

On the topic, it's subjective.

It depends on what way you look at it.

For me, there never will be a game that'll top us finally winning the Scottish cup. I think it becomes more iconic in the way we won it given the way the season panned out.

Beaten last minute against County in the league cup final, beaten last minute against Falkirk in the playoffs. 2-1 down with 10 to go against Rangers having dominated the game. To go on and win the match in the 92nd minute makes it all the better.

If it was a 1-0 boring game I don't think it would stand out as much as it does for neutrals.

The fact we utterly broke them as well adds to it.

Archived